PDA

View Full Version : jedi training academy display

JEDIIAM
05-18-2002, 07:13 PM
did anyone else make it to walmart today for the jedi contest?
i was lucky enough to get the entire display! we were on our way home from seeing a 12:30 showing of e2 when i stopped in the local walmart. i found a endor rebel soldier(bearded) and a orn free ta. the manager walked by so i asked if i could have the little "how many clone troopers can you build in 60 seconds" box i was suprised to hear yes!(all the troopers were already gone except 2) then she added you can have the entire thing if youll get it out of here! needless to say i instantly began disassembling the display and transporting it to my ride! its now mostly reassembled in my star wars room and i couldnt be happier:D did anyone else have any luck today? let me know and may the force be with you!

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
05-18-2002, 07:31 PM
Thats awsome. You're lucky.

InsaneJediGirl
05-18-2002, 09:13 PM
Thats not fair!My dad works at WM and asked them for the display.They said it had to be cut into tiny pieces and thrown in the cardboard bailer.THEN the employees threw away all the clonetroopers and lightsabers..claiming they had to be destroyed off of WM grounds..Destroyed my butt...more like Ebayed!:frus: :frus: :frus: :frus:

But Congrats JEDIIAM:D:)

JEDIIAM
05-18-2002, 09:17 PM
the other walmart i checked told me the same thing it had to be destroyed. this after the manager had already said i could have it. i was told that the people who set it up and ran the game did not work for walmart but a company called pmi. as far as i know that one was destroyed. and dont look for mine on ebay it made a perfect cubby for my computer desk. SWEET!

RooJay
05-20-2002, 08:07 PM
Anyone care to explain what all this stuff is? I know Wal-Mart was running some kind of promotion for the kiddies, but other than that I'm clueless! What Clone Troopers? What Lightsabers? What box?

Dar' Argol
05-20-2002, 08:30 PM
RooJay, check here for more info:

Wal-Mart Jedi Training Event (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=74275#post74275)

As far as why it had to be destroyed. The Demo rep had it in their insrtuctions that "any Wal-Mart Employee could be fired if they are caught taking these items home", Whatever:rolleyes:. But it did have to be destroyed.

JEDIIAM
05-20-2002, 08:43 PM
DIDNT ANYONE ELSE GET THIS DISPLAY!
Does anyone have any idea how many survived this display destroying nonsense. this display is way to cool to tear up!

Dar' Argol
05-20-2002, 08:55 PM
Well, to be completely honest I . . . *cough cough*. . . . . . . . got the uh . . . . . . *cough cough* . . . . . . . . . clone . . . . . . . . . *cough cough* . . . . . . . . . . . . . troopers . . . . . . . .*cough cough*:rolleyes:. The only reason I did though was because I did the event with the Demo rep and she gave them to me. I did not take them or steal them or dig them outta the garbage. They were a gift.

JEDIIAM
05-20-2002, 09:13 PM
how many clones were there? i only got the box not the actual legos. they said they were donating them to charity.

Dar' Argol
05-20-2002, 10:12 PM
There is 150 Clone troopers. Although when we first got them in they had Stormtrooper head and not clone trooper heads. So I called the company and they sent us a bunch of clone heads. But not enough. I gave a few to my friends so right now I have about 72 Clones and 39 Stormies.