PDA

View Full Version : Duck Head Jedi info

JediIan
05-18-2002, 09:22 PM
DOES ANYONE KNOW THE DUCK HEAD'S NAME!??????!?!?!?!?!

DeadEye
05-18-2002, 09:32 PM
You mean the guy that Jango shot? His name's Coleman Trebor, he's a Jedi Master, and took Yarael Poof's seat on the Jedi Council.

JediIan
05-18-2002, 09:34 PM
not that one, the one with the wierd yellow head? its a bit onthe small side. you see him ignite his lightsaber at the arena, and when he is milling around the jedi council building.

Beast
05-18-2002, 09:36 PM
It's been discussed before in one of the threads, but currently he has no name. And most likely won't, unless EU decides to give him one, or they make a figure. Til then, I again suggest... "Howard the Duck".

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Kuzu
05-18-2002, 09:39 PM
I just saw Ep2 and the duck guy we all are talking about in only in one part of the moive,when he walks by obi-wan in the jedi temple,the guy at the arena was NOT him has a flat face and was also seen in the night club.

mylow thehutt
05-19-2002, 01:51 PM
Hay your right.

Jargo
05-19-2002, 06:31 PM
And people complained about Nsync being in the movie when there's a freakin' duck as a Jedi? Sheesh......

JediIan
05-19-2002, 06:58 PM
Follow the below link to see one of the most rare and mysterious creatures ever spotted in the star wars universe, and prepare to be shocked!!!!!

http://www.starwars.com/databank/creature/duck/index.html

skyywalkerr
05-19-2002, 07:58 PM
remember, Lucas made Howard the Duck...it COULD be an Easter Egg...omg, get it? duck...egg...? erm

JediIan
05-19-2002, 08:02 PM
i actually didnt know Lucas made howard the duck, thanks for the heads up

JediIan
05-19-2002, 08:04 PM
I guess nobody appreciated that

Beast
05-19-2002, 08:11 PM
It's appreciated, just most people have known about them since the release of Episode I. StarWars.Com even added the databank listing on August 1, 2001. Which just happens to be 15 years to the day from the release of "Howard the Duck."

Other intresting tidbits about the Star Wars Universe. Dogs were mentioned in the original script as well as the novelization for ANH. And there are also statues of horses in Theed, that are visible at the end of E1. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
05-19-2002, 08:12 PM
I saw it a while ago. Thought it was pretty :rolleyes: how in behind the scenes, Howard the Duck is "one of (Lucasfilm's) proudest achievements"

JediIan
05-19-2002, 08:14 PM
well thanks, preciate it, what started as a joke, i've learned something now :)

DarthMaulSithLord
05-19-2002, 08:55 PM
That's just......weird. Glad they weren't clearly visible in any of the movies (same goes for dogs and horses).

:)

mylow thehutt
05-19-2002, 08:58 PM
the ducks were seen in the moive when the bongo comes up you see them fly away.

Tycho
05-19-2002, 09:19 PM
But those ducks weren't THE DUCK.

This Duck is a Jedi Master walking through the halls of the Jedi Temple.

You might say he is a PRIME DUCK.

Shhhhh - I heard the Sith are going to hire Elmer Fudd in Episode 3.

Spoiler Alert: Darth Fudd will fight Darth Tyranus to the death to be one of the only two Sith. He will then team up with Boba Fett, securing the youth's allegiance to the Sith and singing "A Hunting We will Go" with him up until the time they are separated in the movie. Then when Anakin has become Darth Vader, the first words you hear from James Earl Jones' voice-over is "Oh Fudd!"

Then Fudd will be fudged.

But forever after that, Boba Fett will become a hunter and serve the current Dark Lord.

mylow thehutt
05-19-2002, 09:35 PM
no I heard all the muppets will side with yoda and fight off Darth vader.

mylow thehutt
05-19-2002, 09:37 PM
i think the duck thread and the jedi duck thread got merged together.

Tycho
05-19-2002, 09:55 PM
DARTH FUDD - first images!!!

I found these from a source leak from Lucasfilm. And I posted them here, even before TFN got news of this!

Check this SSG exclusive image out!

Beast
05-19-2002, 09:59 PM
Tycho, seriously dude..lay off the Mouse Droid. I worry about ya man. Guys, I think we need to form an intervention for Tycho. Shh, he's listening. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mylow thehutt
05-19-2002, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Tycho

I found these from a source leak from Lucasfilm. And I posted them here, even before TFN got news of this!

I sware i saw him in clones.:eek:

RooJay
05-21-2002, 07:27 PM
I looked at the guy and didn't see a duck. What I saw was a Jedi of the same species as the Ep. 1 podracer Ark "Bumpy" Roose with yellowish skin. I brought this up in another thread but no one seemed to take note. Most people seem to have assumed that this species should be smaller, but if you listen to the commentary on TPM's DVD it states that Ark Roose was supposed to be eight feet tall.
I saw the movie before I'd heard anything about a "Howard the Duck" Jedi. He still stood out to me, but I never once thought Howard the Duck. As soon as I saw him I thought he was the same race as the Ep. 1 podrace pilot. I even pointed it out to my girlfriend.

JetsAndHeels
05-21-2002, 07:41 PM
Why does it always have to go back to the figure sniffing? Do we need to discuss that all over again?
BTW, Tycho, last night I was opening some AOTC doubles I had, and Shaak Ti's scent is about as strong as Luminara's. Had to air her out a bit.

mylow thehutt
05-21-2002, 07:44 PM
RooJay i think your right i notice that too,kinda funny how Yarel Poof is the same type of species as Gasgano.just bigger

RooJay
05-21-2002, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by mylow thehutt
RooJay i think your right i notice that too,kinda funny how Yarel Poof is the same type of species as Gasgano.just bigger
Those two are obviously not the same race. There is a major difference in size and the number of arms. According to all of the books Gasgano was a Xexto and Yareal Poof was a Quermian.

chris
05-21-2002, 10:07 PM
If you look up Yareal Poof in the database of the official website, it says that he has four arms, and his species is related to the species of xexto (the troiken).

DarthChuckMc
05-21-2002, 10:33 PM
`

DarthChuckMc
05-21-2002, 10:34 PM
``

DarthChuckMc
05-21-2002, 10:35 PM
```

Jargo
05-22-2002, 05:12 AM
nope, this is the guy they mean.....

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=90188#post90188

nice and clear shot. :)

Rogue II
05-22-2002, 08:22 AM

Well, maybe Marvin the Martian got his start wearing Maloridan Armor and claim to be Boba Fett. He could have batteled DUCK DODGERS in the 24th and 1/2 CENTURY!!!!! He could have disintrigated Duck Dogers...leading up to Vaders line in ESB.

Ok, I'll put the mouse droid down as well.

Rogue II
05-22-2002, 10:06 PM
So the Duck Jedi doesn't have a name, and he died in battle, right?

Tycho
05-22-2002, 10:24 PM
LOL Rogue 2! LOL!

Now that I think about it, Marvin the Martian would be quite a formidable foe in the Star Wars galaxy!

RooJay
05-22-2002, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by chris
If you look up Yareal Poof in the database of the official website, it says that he has four arms, and his species is related to the species of xexto (the troiken).
Thanks. You'll note that it says RELATED TO, and not the same as. Much the same as the Duros are related to the Neimoidians. Of course, the Duro are much more similar to the Neimoidians than the Troiken (sorry, didn't have my visual dictionary handy) and Quermians.

Taichi
05-23-2002, 10:42 AM
QUACK!!!

Rogue II
05-23-2002, 11:19 AM
More of Darth Fudd - First Images.

QLD
05-23-2002, 01:19 PM
Personally, I am still holding out for Howard the Duck 2 - Electric Boogaloo.

Tycho
05-24-2002, 05:48 AM
Rogue 2! I am rolling! That was a great image of Darth Fudd!

Everyone check this out!

(Rogue 2's latest image)

You've been sniffing your Mouse Droid haven't you?

Wow! Hey, try the Massif! It's really good.

hango fett
05-24-2002, 09:42 PM
how about "duckimus minimus" for a name! (that could be that guys species name) and "duckler" for a nickname...

mylow thehutt
07-16-2002, 04:09 PM
:) For give me if this has been said before,but it's new to me.any way the duck jedi or howard the duck as some call him,is none other than the jedi PABLO JHILL. here take a look.

Jonna
07-16-2002, 04:10 PM
Ya, it was posted before, but I have no idea in what thread.

MikeAndTheBots
07-16-2002, 04:14 PM
He's not really much a duck if you look at one of the close up pictures. He looks cool in that "I'm going to tear your eyes out of their sockets and shove them down your throat" kind of way.

billfremore
07-16-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by JediIan
I guess nobody appreciated that

I did, too damn funny! :D

DarthChuckMc
07-21-2002, 01:28 AM
Someone else may have found this, but darnit all, I want to post it too. Here is a shot of Pablo (Duckhead) Jill. If you look back at my earlier posts, you can see that its the same alien from the coruscant street scene I posted.

DarthChuckMc
07-21-2002, 01:30 AM
!

DarthChuckMc
07-21-2002, 01:34 AM
!!

Jedi Clint
07-21-2002, 04:06 AM
His head is built up-side-down! :eek: Kinda cool. :)

RooJay
07-22-2002, 07:05 PM
Does anybody else here know who Mongo Beefhead is? He was an original character concocted by Kenner as part of a planned EU line that was hoped to have been used to help extend the life of the original vintage line. The prototype was created using various pieces of existing vintage line figures; most notably, the use of the head from a Squid Head figure which was glued on standing on it's end, giving Mongo a rather interesting facial configuration. I haven't been able to find any pics of the prototype, but I know some appeared in an older issue of the Insider. I'm sure someone here would be able to find a pic of him to post here (I've got money on JJB! ;) ). I'm sure everyone else will note the similarities between Mongo and Pablo. Freaky! Really makes me wonder if the guys over at ILM didn't use Mongo as their inspiration!

scruffziller
07-23-2002, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by JediIan
Follow the below link to see one of the most rare and mysterious creatures ever spotted in the star wars universe, and prepare to be shocked!!!!!

http://www.starwars.com/databank/creature/duck/index.html
Well I'll be danged, this is just like Lucas to do that. FIrst shouting "ESQUEEZE ME" now ducks. WHen will it end!!!

Tycho
07-23-2002, 01:37 PM
Oh Wow! These are the most awesome creatures I've seen in the Star Wars universe. They look so "Naboo!"

I hope Hasbro doesn't screw up their action figures. You know, they'll all be action posed, that sort of thing. - With a gimmick, too: probably some kind of button that makes their wings pop up like they're flying.

Or Maybe a magnet to attract a fish!

That would be OK if it was painted to match the beak. But I bet they'll forget to put holes on the bottom of the feet.

And what about a variation? Like the Ugly Duckling? Or one with a bloody stump from the 'agressive negotiations' cut scene from Anakin and Padme's Naboo dinner table scene?

Because all the ducklings are white, does this mean they are clones?

So are they Rebublican ducks or are they Imperial ones?

They could be spies, cloned by the Sith and infiltrated onto Naboo!

Kamino is a water planet and ducks hunt and swim in the water. I think I see a connection here!

Yes ***SPOILER*** - all the ducks are clones! The original, Daffy Duck was a famous mercenary for hire. He used to work with Bugs Bunny who disguised himself as Teemto Pagules to infiltrate the Podracing Circuit, possibly to assasinate Anakin Skywalker for Darth Maul, who frequently disguised himself as Marvin the Martian! (you can't see his tattoos, but only his eyes, under the helmet!)

This is so heavy! Great pic guys! It finally helped me figure everything out!:happy:

Rogue II
07-23-2002, 02:19 PM

And what about a variation? Like the Ugly Duckling? Or one with a bloody stump from the 'agressive negotiations' cut scene from Anakin and Padme's Naboo dinner table scene?

It could be made with no feet or the "Sitting Duck" variation.

It could be packaged in a 3 pack (Duck, Duck, GOOSE!)

And where would they find a place to hook up the force lightining on a duck?

Then later in the line, they could release "Duck with Massif." Of course, it would be the same duck, without his accessory.

DarthChuckMc
07-23-2002, 04:42 PM
Here's a pic of Mongo for ya'

macewindu87
07-23-2002, 09:59 PM
thats one ugly duckling!

RooJay
07-24-2002, 07:26 PM
As a person of latin descent, I would like to state how offended I am by "cloned ducks"! They're obviously just thinly veiled stereotypes of mexican ducks that are always trying to fly north illegally over the border during the winter! :mad: :crazed:

keith koth
05-02-2003, 12:48 PM
Has anyone ever noticed the Howard the Duck-looking Jedi in the background as Obi-Wan is walking through the Jedi Temple? On the AOTC DVD it is at approximately 36:04 into the movie. I never noticed that before...until I was watching it lastnight. It is pretty funny...especially how he is just waddling along. :D

scruffziller
05-02-2003, 01:13 PM
refer to this thread

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8483&highlight=Howard+the+Duck

keith koth
05-02-2003, 02:01 PM
Oops! don't know how I missed that one. I did a search, but it turned up 0 results...I guess I misspelled something..Oh well! Thanks for the heads up scruffziller.

Dar Basra
05-22-2003, 04:50 PM
I always thought CZ-3 was GL's homage to Howard the Duck:
http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/cz3/img/curve2.jpg