PDA

View Full Version : Anakin's fall

Pendo
05-19-2002, 07:38 AM
Without revealing any Episode III Spoilers, how do you think Anakin will turn to the dark side?

I think it will be more along the lines of:
The Jedi Council discover that Anakin and Padmé got married and expell him from the Jedi order. This makes Anakin angry and he goes to see Palpatine to see if he can convince the council to allow him back on it. When there Palpatine starts sucking up to Anakin saying he is the most powerful Jedi and doesn't need the council, then tells Anakin that he could work for him as a bodyguard or something. Anakin then starts working for Palpatine doing all his dirty deeds, and before he knows it he is slaghtering Jedis for him...
Just a thought.

Anyone else got any ideas?

PENDO!

Jon
05-19-2002, 01:06 PM
My wife and I were discussing this very issue this morning. We agreed that the Council discovers the marriage and will expel him and he will go to Palpatine since he holds Palpy in such high regard and Palpatine molds him even more from there and trains him to hate the jedi.

darthvyn
05-19-2002, 06:43 PM
i'm thinking III will start with anakin becoming a jedi, and then padme becoming too visibly pregnant to hide it, and he is kicked out. the going to palpatine seems like the only way for it to go... either that or he and boba fett team up to take out jedis... hmmm, then palpatine gets in on it. or perhaps palpatine (being the guy in the shadows, not a direct kinda guy) hires boba fett to ask anakin to help him (fett)... interesting...

Pendo
02-17-2003, 04:15 PM
Watching ROTJ this evening I thought it would be cool if Anakin turns similar to the way Vader anger's Luke in ROTJ, "If you will not turn to the dark side, then perhaps she will."
Dooku could be tempting Anakin to the dark side, and Anakin manages to resist it, then Dooku says that if he will not turn to the dark side, then he will turn his children (child?) instead. This angers Anakin and he takes down Dooku like Luke does Vader in ROTJ, the only difference being that Anakin destroys Dooku, whereas Luke could not destroy his father. IMO this would increase the emotional power in ROTJ when Luke decides he will not turn to the dark side.

PENDO!

Darkross
02-20-2003, 10:49 AM
I think that Anakin's marriage to Padme will get him kicked out of the Jedi order...and thus he will go to Palpatine...who in-turn "completes" his training in the Jedi arts (darkside albeit)...and as things transpire...Palpatine will plant seeds of doubt in Anakin's mind about the Jedi...namely Obi-Wan...thus revealing how Anakin will blame Obi-Wan for his mother's death and possibly the death of others he cares about.??? I dunno...I'm just guessing really!

Arrogant Arse
02-21-2003, 11:57 AM
Pendo, If Anakin is "The Bodyguard" of Palpy, will Palpy sing "I will always love you" to him" :D

I figured that the council would promote him to Jedi Knight, with reservation, while Obi-Wan was away. The council would find out about Anakin's marriage, AND the fact that he attacked and killed a tribe of Tuscan Raiders and then would expel him. (Yoda did say that Jedi use the Force for defense, never attack.) He would then go to Palpatine, and be lured to the dark side. but not actually turned. While emotionally charged from the council decision, and the Palpy talk, Anakin would go to talk to Obi-Wan about the situation. During the talk, Obi-Wan would side with the council, since Anakin DID break the rules, and Obi-Wan is very "by-the-book." Anakin would interpret that as his "Father" being against him, which would lead him to turn to the dark side. Anakin would fight Obi-Wan, get seriously injured, and left for dead, where Palpatine would find and recussitate him. Anakin would see Palpatine as his new "father" and become Darth Vader.

TheDarthVader
03-02-2003, 01:00 PM
I know that how Anakin turns into Darth Vader has been debated. I suggest that instead of a devastating lightsaber duel with Obi-Wan (like everyone is thinking) perhaps Anakin has a "wreck" in a one man starfighter...that would explain the big scar on the top of this head that we see in ROTJ and ESB...just a thought.