PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe Nexu has a bendy tail

Jargo
05-19-2002, 09:10 AM
Okay, so this might not at first glance seem like such a big deal but if you consider that it's the first time bendy limbs has been used in the star wars line it's quite significant. It bodes well for a dianoga with bendy tentacles. :D

So how do I know it's bendy? Well, I've been going over all the archived pictures of the Nexu that I have and noticed that his tail was in different poses at different toy shows. At first I thought it was just different hardcopies being used for display, but when I saw the carded pics here at SSG I notivced the telltale little holes in the rubber that signify bendy materials . For whatever safety reasons all bendy rubber toys have these pairs of little holes all along the length of the rubber covering the metal inside. I guess it's to do with cooling the rubber or allowing the rubber space to expand or something. Anyway, all bendy toys have them and the Nexu's tail has them. Ergo - bendy tail.
here's a cropped piece of the pic from SSG archives to show you what I'm talking about. Pretty cool huh? :)

kadamontaga
05-19-2002, 12:09 PM
Well spotted there :)
The bendy tail sounds like a good idea to me, although I'm a bit concerned about how the change in materials from hard to bendy plastic will look on the figure. I hope the colour and texture changes aren't too ugly.

Does anyone know in what order the rest of the Deluxe line will be released? I understand that we're expecting 4 figures to hit the shelves soon, including the Nexu and the Anakin. What are the other two and have any photos been released?

jedi_uk73
05-19-2002, 12:30 PM
I have seen only 3 more deluxe figures to be released.
Anakin, C-3PO & Nexu. They are due for release in June.

There are a few others ; Flying Geonosian, Destroyer Droid, Yoda & Clone Trooper. These are also listed but no release dates.

Pictures of the 3 June release figs can be found in Sir Steve's Picture Archive.

http://systems.figures.com/database/index.html?page=items&sdomid=5&sserid=2033

Beast
05-19-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by kadamontaga
Does anyone know in what order the rest of the Deluxe line will be released? I understand that we're expecting 4 figures to hit the shelves soon, including the Nexu and the Anakin. What are the other two and have any photos been released?
The Deluxe Anakin/Geonosian Warrior 2-pack and Deluxe Nexu is due out in June, so expect it to start turning up soon. The Deluxe C-3PO/Battle Droid 2-Pack and Deluxe Yoda are scheduled to hit in July. No photos yet on the Yoda set, though he's expected to come with the pillar that Dooku tries to drop on Ani and Obi. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
05-19-2002, 01:05 PM
:) I like the bendy tail, even if it does look different from the hard plastic because it's probably the best way to get some articulation on it.
Indeed the holes are a dead giveaway; every bendy toy I ever saw does have them.

Taichi
05-19-2002, 01:27 PM
Here are the next four Deluxe figures (I WANT EVERY ONE OF THEM)

Nexu

C-3PO (Switcheroo)

Anakin (With Geonosian)

Yoda (Uncertain what he comes with or does)

Jargo
05-19-2002, 01:37 PM
If you want a glimpse of the deluxe Yoda accessory, it looks like a long tray shaped hangar floor piece with the crane appendage overhead much like the boom arm with deluxe threepio. But this pic is definately not the threepio piece, that was in the other half of this pic that i cropped out. Seems quite big and definately odd. I haven't seen the movie yet so those who have can say whether it's movie real or not. I just want to see what the Yoda looks like first before I pass judgement on any of it. :)

Beast
05-19-2002, 01:42 PM
Cool Emporer Jargo. Odd that they had the pillar and base on display at Celebration 2, yet the Yoda was nowhere to be seen. :crazed:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DeadEye
05-19-2002, 02:53 PM
I guess the deluxe Yoda can somehow "use the Force" to remove pieces of the hangar to throw at Dooku.

What about the deluxe clonetrooper?

Beast
05-19-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye
I guess the deluxe Yoda can somehow "use the Force" to remove pieces of the hangar to throw at Dooku. What about the deluxe clonetrooper?
The Deluxe CloneTrooper is supposed to come with a Speeder Bike, though who knows if it still will. The Speeder Bike's are mentioned in the book, but so far noone has spotted them in the movie. They could have been dropped at the last minute, or are only seen in the background in the film. No clue when it's supposed to come out though, as of yet. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Unit-01
05-19-2002, 03:46 PM
Here is a pic of the bike from the game.

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/starwarstheclonewars/images/screens/4.jpg

Plus, in Sirsteve's images, the pillar is not in there.

DarthMaulSithLord
05-19-2002, 08:07 PM
Does anyone have any ideas of what we can expect with the Flying Geonosian? Will it just have a button to make the wings flap or will it be one of those crap things you have to hang from the ceilling?

:)

JediIan
05-19-2002, 08:10 PM
Lets hope it is the button, because personally, i HATE the second idea. On the topic of deluxe figures though, who likes the idea of a deluxe klatoonian jedi with like an exploding fallen pillar??? i thought it was kind of a neet idea

Lord Tenebrous
05-19-2002, 08:17 PM
Not to rain on this parade, but apart from the bending tail, what other appendages move? It looks like a chomping little statue.

Perhaps after this creature is released, somebody will find a decent way to articulate the legs. That way, Padme can run up her pillar, and little Nex can follow. :)

Beast
05-19-2002, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
Not to rain on this parade, but apart from the bending tail, what other appendages move? It looks like a chomping little statue. Perhaps after this creature is released, somebody will find a decent way to articulate the legs. That way, Padme can run up her pillar, and little Nex can follow. :)
It looks like it only has 7 points of articulation. Which isn't to bad, but it would be nice if the legs were more articulated. Articulation is as follows. Head, Snapping Jaws, 4 Legs, and then the bendy tail. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthMaulSithLord
05-19-2002, 08:32 PM
I'll buy him, always wanted a kitty!

:)

Jargo
05-20-2002, 09:09 AM
Don't forget of course the attack roar sound effects activated by the discreet button in his armpit. It looks like kitty has lymph node problems :crazed: The pose of the legs is for climbing the pillar which is why his leg is stretched out. The tail will be bendy so you can balance him when he's posed in that upwards position.

I don't much care that he has little articulation. None of the other beasts have been super articulated so he's no different really. He just looks cool and it's fantastic that we're getting him so soon. Same with the Acklay. which follows in June I think. Cool beasties Hasbro. Let's have some more eh? Orray and Geonosian would be a good start in the fall. And now you've got the hang of bendy rubber you can start in on the Dianoga with bendy tentacles and telescoping eye stalk and squeezy body to make it's jaw open. Oh how I long for a Dianoga.......... :happy:

Sorry, drifted off for a moment. Nexu is cool and I really hope that everybody that wants one gets one. :)

JEDIpartner
05-20-2002, 09:43 AM
I can't wait for the Nexu. I thought it was a lot fiercer looking than the Reek. It is definitely on the top of MY list of must haves!

SirSteve
05-20-2002, 11:19 AM
I added detailed carded pictures in the Collector's Database.

pthfnder89
05-20-2002, 11:27 AM
Before I saw the movie I really thought the Beasts were going to be one of the low-lights of the final battle. I didn't even consider the Reek on April 23rd. But after seeing it, I can't wait to own all three :) I may wait until the Arena playset actually comes out though.

Bosskman
05-20-2002, 01:47 PM
The Nexu is cool. I can't wait to get it, but the 12 inch Bib Fortuna was the first to use the highly advanced bendy technology. I can't wait for the Acklay either but I have a feeling that the arena playset is gonna be crap. I'll have to wait till I see it in stores.

Jargo
05-20-2002, 03:50 PM
12 inch voodoo dollies don't count in the 3 inch line :D so this is the first use of bendy stuff in the line. It's a landmark believe me. The more I look at it the more I want it. I might just buy a Padme figure to stick in its mouth :evil:

pthfnder89
05-20-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
12 inch voodoo dollies don't count in the 3 inch line :D so this is the first use of bendy stuff in the line. It's a landmark believe me.

Didn't the antennae on the Ep1 Opie fish feature this miraculous bendy technology? Or were they straight plastic?

I can't remember and I threw mine away a looong time ago.:D

JEDIpartner
05-21-2002, 08:49 AM
The Yoda Accessory that was mentioned looks suspicitously like the crane in the upcoming Deluxe Threepio/Battle Droid set. Are you sure that's the accessory that was supposed to go with Yoda?

Deluxe See-Threepio (http://systems.figures.com/database/index.html?page=detail&sdomid=5&sitemid=29065)

Just something I noticed.

Dryanta
05-21-2002, 08:57 PM
Yeah I gotta agree.It sure looks the same now that you mention it.Common section between the two?
Sorry had to come back and add this.The stone at the bottom of Jargo's pic seems to be missing from the bottom of the 3PO crane.
Common mold I guess.