PDA

View Full Version : Hello- I'm new here. Oh and i have some news and new figures so please read...

HAK
05-19-2002, 08:43 AM
first off id like to say hello to everyone- im new to posting but i have been reading the posts here since about 2 weeks before episode 2 came out- this is the only forum i have really been actively reading though. uhm lemme see.. other than star wars im a big fan of anime and i also am an active member on some of the gundam boards so if youd like check them out just let me know- uhm i have only seen episode 2 once so far and plan on seeing it many more times in the near future- whew so enough about me on to the toy news:

this morning i was at one of the local wal-marts and came across a bunch of new figures i dont think anyone has just yet- they are Djas Puhr, the new Qui Gon, and Supreme Chancellor Palpatine- i havent seen them anywhere else so i picked up 2 of each. anyways i also have the box they came in wich included 2 of palpatine, 2 of djas puhr, 2 endor rebel soldiers, 2 qui gons and some other previously released figures [edit] 2 geonosian warriors and 2 dexter jettsters [edit]. anyways on the side of the box it says:

84861001A
12 PCS
Star Wars EII Coll. 2 Basic
Figure Asst. WV 5 R1

anyways this is my first post so forgive me if its in the wrong place but i thought you guys would be interested- oh and keep up the great work- the site is great! ill be back later :)

[edit] if you want a review or would like to know anything about the figures please just ask :) [edit]

cujo fett
05-19-2002, 11:45 AM
bearded or clean shave endor soldier??

The True Maul
05-19-2002, 12:09 PM
Welcome too the forums, what luck on finding them. I can't wait to get them oh can you post pics please!

Taichi
05-19-2002, 12:21 PM
Hmm, I can pass on the others, but can't wait for Palpatine.....

I need one of each Endor Soldier too.....

Dak Powers
05-19-2002, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by The True Maul
Welcome too the forums, what luck on finding them. I can't wait to get them oh can you post pics please!

Why don't you just look at SSG's pic archives

HAK
05-19-2002, 05:48 PM
hey there again folks thanks for the warm response-

cujo fett- it is the bearded endor soldier- i think they have been out a bit though because i got one at k-mart a few days back as well as a massiff

taichi- yea palpatine is actually a lot better than i thought- his hands are very well done and come interlocked with eachother- my only complaint is that he has these wierd looking spots on hs face like he has pimples or something lol

the true maul- id be happy to post some pics but i wont be able to do it before tuesday- im on a webtv wich limits me in a lot of ways so ill have to take a pic of the figures and scan them at kinkos

ok i think thats everything- please ask if you would like to know anything else (qui gon really isnt as bad as i thought he was going to be but djas puhr is my fav so far)

Dryanta
05-19-2002, 05:58 PM
Welcome HAK and enjoy yourself!!
Thanks for info,I'll have my eyes peeled

mylow thehutt
05-19-2002, 06:15 PM
How is Dajus is he cool.and welcome

HAK
05-19-2002, 06:43 PM
mylow thehutt- Djas is VERY well done- the figure itself looks perfect- my only real complaint is that his guns are real flimsy and arent helped when you attach the blast effect things- other than that hes great- definintely one of the better saga figures

Dar' Argol
05-20-2002, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by HAK
i also have the box they came in wich included 2 of palpatine, 2 of djas puhr, 2 endor rebel soldiers, 2 qui gons and some other previously released figures [edit] 2 geonosian warriors and 2 dexter jettsters [edit]. anyways on the side of the box it says:

84861001A
12 PCS
Star Wars EII Coll. 2 Basic
Figure Asst. WV 5 R1

Hey thanx for the info HAK! Is this confirmed info?? I run the case assortment section and I do not want to post this until I am sure it is correct.

We have not gotten that wave yet at work(Wal-Mart) so I have not seen it yet, But if it is solid info I will add it. Thanx again!!!

HAK
05-20-2002, 10:52 PM
hey there dar' argol yes this is 100% confirmed- i have 3 boxes now with the same # and info- if you need any further confirmation i should have some pics up tomorrow afternoon- oh and i got them from a wal-mart here in vegas located at 2310 E Serene Ave LV just in case youd like to call it in or something :)

oh yes and thanks for all the great work in the case assortment area- the info has been invaluable in my search for new stuff! :)

Obi-Don
05-20-2002, 11:04 PM
Welcome HAK and thanks for the info. For some strange reason its been good hunting around here. I found a lot of the figures that I want and the ships to. Its starting to scare me because in my area there little to none most of the time. Well anywho, welcome.

HAK
05-20-2002, 11:22 PM
hey Obi-Don i know how you feel- you wouldnt really think of it but vegas is really not the place to be for a collector like myself- the scalpers are out by the ton and dont give you a chance- they usually just open the boxes themselves and fish out everything that is hard to get- at least i ask the employees to open them for me lol- and when wal-mart, target, and kmart are stripped you are stuck paying nearly 10 bux a pop for figures at FAO schwartz- its nuts i tell ya- i wish i hadnt gone on hiatus for so long- it hard to find the potj first run out here- hell i drove to arizona just last week to look for new stuff- ack! well when ya get lucky its all worth while i guess... anyways forgive me for ranting lol thank you for the warm welcome! :)

Obi-Don
05-20-2002, 11:27 PM
I can't find any of the potj or any others like that except for a few peg warmers. But there is plenty of the new stuff to be had.

The True Maul
05-21-2002, 04:31 PM
HAK I can't wait too see those pics!:)