PDA

View Full Version : A couple quick questions

MikeAndTheBots
05-19-2002, 12:55 PM
1) Was that cloak thing on Dooku's ship for hyperdrive or to block radar sensors or something?

2) Anyone else think it was kind of funny that Christopher Lee had "Count" as his title in AOTC?

DeadEye
05-19-2002, 01:58 PM
He was Count as the head of his rich family on the world of Serredon. And the sail on the ship was what provided the power--solar power--as the ship is called a solar sailor. ;)

MikeAndTheBots
05-19-2002, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye
He was Count as the head of his rich family on the world of Serredon. And the sail on the ship was what provided the power--solar power--as the ship is called a solar sailor. ;)
I meant the fact the Lee played Count Dracula but whatever :)
Thanks for the info about the ship too.

Tycho
05-19-2002, 02:52 PM
In feudal military alliances, (Dark Ages), a Count ranked just under a LORD.

Dark Lord of the Sith...

Dark Count of the Sith.

And there's the Dracula thing and how Geonosis even had that bridge Anakin and Padme cross from their ship. Very Castle Dracula for Christopher Lee's part. But I liked that and haven't heard one complaint about it. Christopher Lee did great in this movie! I'm glad he'll be returning.

DeadEye's information is most likely accurate too, - the Count of Serrendon - though I don't recall what book he got that from (help DeadEye, you're my only hope!)

Tycho
05-19-2002, 02:55 PM
Oh - the ship. In Star TREK they track ships by their ion emission signatures, etc. I'm sure they can do the same in my favorite: Star WARS!

But what if the ship stopped using mechanical means of propulsion? What if they could turn the engines off and just "sail?"

It would be virtually untraceable and no one could locate that ship!

Pretty convenient for a Sith Lord, eh?

Very smart on Dooku's part.

By the way, if the Count kills the Lord, then HE will BECOME the Lord.... so how smart is Mr. Dooku? Hmmm. He's become LORD Tyranus already..............

DeadEye
05-19-2002, 03:56 PM
He's a Dark Lord of the Sith, and is Darth Tyranus. I got my information from the visual dictionary:

Dooku left the Jedi Order after Qui-Gon's death at the Battle of Naboo, returning to his home world of Serenno and his family title of Count. He is master of his family's considerable fortune and one of the wealthiest men in the galaxy. He could field an army on his own resources.

Jargo
05-19-2002, 05:24 PM
You could trace him by the particle displacement wave he left in his wake. Think of space as being full of dust atoms and then wave a hand through the dust to see it swirl and move like water. They could trace Dooku and his rather large ship through the movement of the particles. Should they have equipment sensitive to the spectrums that would detect such an atomic wake.

Did that make sense? I just made it up. Was I good? Was it good science bollocks? Making stuff up is fun. :happy:

Tycho
05-19-2002, 05:43 PM
Or Yoda could meditate on it.

Me, myself? I'd look up Dark Lords of the Sith in the Yellow Pages. They list everything!

Here it is! I found this under psychological services actually:

Do you hear voices?

Do you believe you were chosen for some grander purpose?

If you think you are psychic - then maybe you are!

So anyway, I told them that I was seeking guidance. I wanted to learn to prevent people from dying. I wanted to sit politicians down and make them agree on the right course of action, and then make them just DO IT! I told them I wanted to be more powerful than they could possibly imagine.

Anyway, am I writing to you from a laptop they hooked up for me in my rubber room at the hospital? No actually I'm not.

Like I said:

"I told them that I was seeking guidance. I wanted to learn to prevent people from dying. I wanted to sit politicians down and make them agree on the right course of action, and then make them just DO IT! I told them I wanted to be more powerful than they could possibly imagine."

They referred me to the Republican Party and the Christian Coalition! Now I know Anakin's crazy!

DeadEye
05-19-2002, 05:53 PM
Dooku's ship is actually very small, except for the sail...and what is a bollock?