PDA

View Full Version : Bespin Wave and figures standing up..

Darth Trymybestus
05-19-2002, 01:23 PM
I have ordered the bespin luke, mace and jango final battle online, yesterday I bought Count Dooku and Darth Vader Bespin (I finally found him in toys r us!!!!!!) and he doesn't stand up at all!
I have actually found this with figures standing up, here are the figures I have:

Anakin Outland Peasant DOES STAND UP
Anakin Hangar DOES STAND UP SOMETIMES
Obi Wan Coruscant Chase DOES STAND UP
Red Clonetrooper DOESN'T STAND UP
Preview Clone Trooper DOES STAND UP
Preview Jango Fett DOES STAND UP
Preview Zam Wesell DOES STAND UP
Jango Fett Kamino DOES STAND UP
Count Dooku Dark Lord DOESN'T STAND UP
Darth Tyranus Deluxe DOES STAND UP ON THE BASE
Yoda DOES STAND UP
Padme DOES STAND UP
Kit Fisto DOES STAND UP SOMETIMES
Plo Koon DOESN'T STAND UP
Darth Vader bespin DOES STAND UP
Zam Wesell Bounty Hunter DOESN'T STAND UP

Do any of you find this?

Beast
05-19-2002, 01:26 PM
All mine stand up fine, except Taun We. You just have to mess with the stances a little bit. If you are really having trouble, you may wanna invest in some stands for your figures. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DeadEye
05-19-2002, 01:46 PM
Dooku Dark Lord stands up for me.

DrewDewce
05-20-2002, 08:19 AM
My Dooku stands up fine. The Clonetrooper is a little hit and miss tho.

JEDIpartner
05-20-2002, 08:48 AM
I have my figures on an Ultrarama display and on individual stands at the base of the display. The only problems I have run into are figures that have foot holes that are too small or too large to accomodate the pegs. Threepio, Zam #2 and Taun We are like this for me.

stillakid
05-20-2002, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
I have my figures on an Ultrarama display and on individual stands at the base of the display. The only problems I have run into are figures that have foot holes that are too small or too large to accomodate the pegs. Threepio, Zam #2 and Taun We are like this for me.

How do you like the Ultarama Display?

pthfnder89
05-20-2002, 10:02 AM
I really haven't bought a Saga figure so far that won't stand up period, but some do have real problems. The Nikto Jedi was the worst offender. It was made worse by the fact that he doesn't have any leg joints, so you can't even mess with his pose to help him stand. Basically I had even off the bottom of his boots with an exacto. Now he stands great! :)

JEDIpartner
05-20-2002, 10:02 AM
I LOVE the ultrarama display. If you are a creative type... there are so many things you can do to these. I opted for the "no backgrounds" version. I wanted to make my own. I scanned some really nice backgrounds out of the various books. I have a nice Coruscant skyline level on top. The second level is Coruscant "street level"- I have the ASN droid on a little wire, suspended from a "hook"-like part towards the front and Obi-Wan hanging from it. The next level is split in two halves. One side is Naboo and the other is Tatooine. The bottom level is Geonosis and I have "overspill" on individual stands- nice battle scene going on there. Four levels with no backgrounds cost me $55 USD. It was definitely worth it!

stillakid
05-20-2002, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
I LOVE the ultrarama display. If you are a creative type... there are so many things you can do to these. I opted for the "no backgrounds" version. I wanted to make my own. I scanned some really nice backgrounds out of the various books. I have a nice Coruscant skyline level on top. The second level is Coruscant "street level"- I have the ASN droid on a little wire, suspended from a "hook"-like part towards the front and Obi-Wan hanging from it. The next level is split in two halves. One side is Naboo and the other is Tatooine. The bottom level is Geonosis and I have "overspill" on individual stands- nice battle scene going on there. Four levels with no backgrounds cost me $55 USD. It was definitely worth it!

Thanks for that. Do you have any photos to share?

JediTricks
05-21-2002, 01:09 AM
My Bespin Vader stands fine, and Luke is a standing champ, but Jango Final Battle is a standing chump! The sculpt of the legs and the oddball knee articulation just don't seem to come together well (with or WITHOUT the flame). This figure seems to have a very specific stance in mind, and can even stand this way (left leg forward and bent, right leg WAY back and turned), but I haven't had much success altering this at ALL.

stillakid
05-21-2002, 01:47 AM
I'm having trouble getting my guys to SIT. Specifically Zam and the Jedi's in the Speeders. I haven't had the heart to try squeezing Fett into the Slave I yet.

QLD
05-21-2002, 02:01 AM
I buy stands. God, I should be a partner in REAL action stands by now. I swear I am their best customer. With all of the funky poses now, stands are almost as essential as the figures for loose collectors, IMO.

JEDIpartner
05-21-2002, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by stillakid
Thanks for that. Do you have any photos to share?

No photos at this time. I will be setting up an area once some new furniture is moved into the room. Right now it's just chaos. I'll try to get some... someone remind me in like a month. :D

sunblind
05-21-2002, 01:16 PM
I've been told by many people that these figures are easy to stand. Well not the ones I've bought. I think I'm an idoit. Because I've fifddled with some of'em for hours at a time w/out luck.

JediTricks
05-21-2002, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by stillakid
I'm having trouble getting my guys to SIT. Specifically Zam and the Jedi's in the Speeders. I haven't had the heart to try squeezing Fett into the Slave I yet. Zam is a nightmare, but I've had no trouble getting Obi-Wan Coruscant, Ani HD, or Ani OPD to fit into the yellow Speeder. The figures only go in up to their feet, and they don't have to bend much at the hips to sit in the seats. I suggest twisting the figure at the waist slightly to get optimal sitting position and don't be afraid to squeeze the feet under the dash - the figures are so rubbery these days that it won't be a problem.

Sunblind, the most important part of getting a figure to stand up straight is to get both feet to stand flat on the surface, then move the body into the position that balances best AND looks good. However, there are some instances where a figure can't be balanced due to ridiculous sculpting or limb warping in the package.