PDA

View Full Version : AotC big revelation

master jedi
09-14-2001, 11:28 PM
In ESB there was a big revelation in the movies (Vader and Luke are father and son). What do you guys think the big revelation in AotC will be?

bigbarada
09-15-2001, 12:15 AM
I'm not really sure the prequels will use the same plot devices as the OT. Maybe **spoiler**Shmi's death will be enough of a blow to the audience that another great revelation won't be needed. Unless Shmi reveals something to Anakin about his conception before she.......

GNT
09-15-2001, 12:21 AM
dies I too believe that Shmi Skywalker dieing will be the revelation of AOTC :)

INDIANA
09-19-2001, 09:16 PM
I agree, there were a few revelations in the first 3 movies and believe the will be at least 1 big secret revealed. As to what it is I have only guesses...

1. Where is Mon Mothma? The leader of the rebellion, contemporary of Bail Organa, is nowhere to be found. I could be wrong but do E IV - VI ever say Amidala, Luke and Leias' mother, is actually DEAD? What if Amidala IS Mon Mothma?

2. A traiter in the Jedi Council. Anyone who read one of the scripts could admit (at least I think) too much is made of Plo Koons near death experience...to build sympathy maybe? Or the all-too-obvious choice of Mace Windu....

3. Anakins father....both light and dark sides of the force use/feel midi-chlorians....anakin was concieved by midi-chlorians...perhaps manipulated not by good but Palpatine. Where was Shmi before Tatooine?

Anyone else have any ideas?

Fulit
09-20-2001, 01:38 AM
I really hope Palpatine isn't Anakin's father. Although, they could go for a total ESB rip-off.......

Palpatine/Sidious- "Your mother never told you about your father"

Anakin- "She said there was no father"

Palpatine/Sidious- "No. I am your father"

Anakin- (overacting) "No! That's not true! That's impossible!" (makes horribly sillly face)

Co Jo-Da
09-20-2001, 02:12 AM
1) Personally I hope George leaves the whole "Who's your daddy, Ani" alone. I like the Midi-Chlorians/virgin birth idea because it means Anaikn is the chosen one and it makes his fall much more difficult to take (even though we know it's going to happen).

2) It would be cool to think Mon Mothma really was Pademe but I doubt she could stay away from Luke or Liea. Besides Liea says something like in ROTJ, "I didn't know my mother, she died when I was very young. I only have images of her, feelings. She was very beautiful but sad."

3) Shmi's death will be such a power point in Anakin's fall towards the Dark-Side but it shouldn’t come as a big surprise and that MAY NOT happen in AotC.

4) I think the closest we'll get to a revelation will be that Count Dooku is Lord Tyranus plus Palpatine is Darth Sidious and they are working together.

5) Finally the Clones Wars begin...at the end of the movie...

GNT
09-20-2001, 04:21 AM
Palpatine/Sidious- Search your feelings you know its true

Anakin-Yippie! At least its not Jar Jar

Palpatine/Sidious- Will you join me and rule the dark side?

Anakin- Yes Father

INDIANA
09-20-2001, 03:07 PM
I would remind you that Obi-Wan told Luke his father was dead too...

As for Leia being so close to her mother and not knowing (or hiding thier mother from them) both the twins were around thier father a lot during EIV, Vader ever interogating his daughter and they never knew. I thinks it's very possible both the twins and thier mother were all hidden from each other to protect them all.

Jedi Clint
09-20-2001, 03:34 PM
Leia remembers her real mother.

Rollo Tomassi
09-21-2001, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Co Jo-Da
1) Personally I hope George leaves the whole "Who's your daddy, Ani" alone. I like the Midi-Chlorians/virgin birth idea because it means Anaikn is the chosen one and it makes his fall much more difficult to take (even though we know it's going to happen).

2) It would be cool to think Mon Mothma really was Pademe but I doubt she could stay away from Luke or Liea. Besides Liea says something like in ROTJ, "I didn't know my mother, she died when I was very young. I only have images of her, feelings. She was very beautiful but sad."

3) Shmi's death will be such a power point in Anakin's fall towards the Dark-Side but it shouldn’t come as a big surprise and that MAY NOT happen in AotC.

4) I think the closest we'll get to a revelation will be that Count Dooku is Lord Tyranus plus Palpatine is Darth Sidious and they are working together.

5) Finally the Clones Wars begin...at the end of the movie...

1. If Anakin is an analogy for Jesus Christ( with the whole immaculate conception idea), I find it odd he goes to the dark side. What does this say about JC? He turned into Satan?

2. Silly.

3. This will be the AOTC version of Han being Frozen (except she doesn't "undie" in the third movie.)

4. I think this IS the revelation. Dooku and Palpatine are revealed to be A. Working together. and B. Sith Lords Tyranus and Sidious. There was a bit of script leaked awhile ago where Dooku escapes at the finale and flies back to land in a run down industrial district of Coruscant where Palpatine is waiting for him. Up until this point, Dooku has been seen as a dissident and Palpatine as the venerable leader opposing him and his rebel forces. So seeing them together and realizing they planned the whole thing will be a "shocking revelation" to the audience...

5. They might, but it won't be a big shock...