PDA

View Full Version : MMC Question

U.K.BOY
05-19-2002, 04:39 PM
Quick Question regarding Millenium Minted Coin Figures :-

Can these figures be removed from their "bases" or are they glued/stuck on ?.Amazingly I have only ever seen a couple of these figures and never looked at them closely enough to know what the crack is.

U.K.Boy.

sith_killer_99
05-19-2002, 04:43 PM
They can be removed from their bases. In fact these are just regular figures witha special base and coin. The bases have little pegs so the figures can stand on them.

I hope this helps

Beast
05-19-2002, 04:43 PM
Yes, they are removable from the bases. The base has footpegs that the figure is standing on. The coin is also removable, but it's best to leave them in the plastic case, as they can get fingerprints or be bent easily.

The MMC figures are very nice, and it has the very best C-3PO figure ever released. None of the single carded figures have been as nice. Not to mention the Emporer is great, and Luke and Leia are also highly superior to their speeder bike versions.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

sith_killer_99
05-19-2002, 04:55 PM
Yep, hands down the best 3PO ever!

U.K.BOY
05-19-2002, 05:05 PM
Thanks guys.Great help.

One last question, don't suppose the "Endor pair" come with removable helmets ?.

U.K.Boy.

Beast
05-19-2002, 05:08 PM
Nope, sadly not. Though you can customize them both if you do a head swap, and can get a hold of a couple of the new Saga Endor Rebel Soldiers. They have removable helmets. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

U.K.BOY
05-19-2002, 05:11 PM
Thats a good idea (especially for someone of limited I.Q. like me who hadn't thought of that !).

What would be your choices of "head" for each figure ?.

Also, please be gentle, I am a person who bought a spare DS Trooper and an Imperial Officer with the intention of headswapping for a more naturally posed DS Trooper and I am still frightened to death to Boil & Pop !.

U.K.Boy.

U.K.BOY
05-19-2002, 05:18 PM
Presumably the POTJ Leia General would be a good choice both because it is from the same part(ish) of the movie and also the figure itself is easy to get hold of currently.

O.K. the clincher,Who wants to score the bonus points by seeing if the Endor Rebel Soldiers hat will fit on General Leia's Noggin ?.

U.K.Boy.

Beast
05-19-2002, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by U.K.BOY
O.K. the clincher,Who wants to score the bonus points by seeing if the Endor Rebel Soldiers hat will fit on General Leia's Noggin ?. U.K.Boy.
I just checked, and yes the helmet does fit on the POTJ General Leia perfectly. I have a good suggestion, if you want to avoid boiling your figure. Just take the poncho off the MMC figure, and put it on the Genral Leia figure along with the helmet. No boil and pop needed. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

U.K.BOY
05-19-2002, 05:48 PM
Firstly, Can I call you a lucky git for being able to check that "fitment" for me ?.I only say this as it means you must have your mitts on the new Endor Soldier.
Still,I just checked a tracking number for one of my orders that left the good ole US of A last Tuesday and has been in a Customs Blackhole, until seemingly half an hour ago.Hopefully means I will get my 2 Endor Soldiers Monday.

I was just perusing some pics of the mmc Leia and saw how loose the ponch looked on the fig,presumably,unlike the Luke Speeder fig whose poncho wont go over his helmeted noggin, the Leia figure looks as though the Poncho will slip off easily enough.General Leia has better overall articulation than mmc Leia.Anything else I have forgotten ?.

Any suggestions on the Luke ?.Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

U.K. Boy.

Beast
05-19-2002, 05:56 PM
Sure, you can call me a lucky git. I would like to thank Caeser for helping me to aquire not only it, but the Bespin Vader and Luke as well. Hopefully he can find the others that are being difficult in my area.

You can get the poncho off Luke, you just have to work it over his helmet. It takes some doing, but it will come off just fine. She doesn't have better articulation, she is just better sculpted and detailed. If you can get ahold of a vintage Leia Endor Poncho, I think it would be even better. :)

As for the Luke, you may have to go with a head swap in that case. Since the only other Luke: Jedi figure that is in the correct outfit (no vest) is in the Final Jedi Duel set. Sadly it also has the best ROTJ headsculpt of Luke.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

U.K.BOY
05-19-2002, 06:03 PM
Thanks again.

Could you use any help with the Luke & Darth Bespin figures ?.

I have easy access to both via Toys R Us UK (unbelievably after the last three years of drought !).

BTW the Luke Bespin is the latest variation which uses a Peg to attach the hand as opposed to the Magnets which I believe were used in the first Bloody/Non Bloody versions.

U.K.Boy.

U.K.BOY
05-19-2002, 06:04 PM
Just re-read your post and you already have Luke & Darth (Doh).

Which others are you having probs with ?.

U.K.Boy.

U.K.BOY
05-19-2002, 06:16 PM
.....Quickly goes back to the Leia figure ........

Looks to me as though the Leia Speederbike figure has the same Poncho ?.

Now I could get perhaps a cheaper spare of that fig,raid the Poncho and et Voila !.Now if only I could rip the articulated knee legs off the Speeder Leia and put them on Humungo Torso General Leia !.

U.K.Boy.

Beast
05-19-2002, 06:19 PM
You might be able to boil and pop and switch the legs, on the Leia General figure with the ones from the Speederbike set. I don't have my Speederbikes where I can get to them at the moment, so I can't check for you...sorry. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

U.K.BOY
05-19-2002, 06:22 PM
No Probs.
Thanx for all your help & suggestions so far.
You mentioned about the Luke from Final Jedi Duel and I can get hold of a cheap spare set of this.Any ideas on the Luke Head size compared to the Endor Rebel Soldier ?.

Seems like a Final Duel Luke Plus Poncho from speederbike Plus Endor Reb Helmet will make quite a nice easy figure huh ?.

Let me know if you need any help with figures/variations etc and I will do what I can.

Cheers.

U.K.Boy.

U.K.BOY
05-19-2002, 06:34 PM
Thought for the Day,

Never thought I would be saying thanks to Jar Jar Binks.
Well not unless he agreed to throw himself down the chasm into the Death Star Main Reactor !!!!!!!!!.

Cheers.

U.K.Boy.