PDA

View Full Version : Please help with my new favorite Sith...

darthpunker
05-19-2002, 06:56 PM
No one else on here has seemed to have this problem. My Count Dooku won't stand up with his cape attached to him. He stands fine without the cape, but it weighs him over backwards with it on. What's going on? Is it a new variant with a cape made of super-heavy dark matter? Any help would be appreciated in terms of how to fix him.

Forhekset
05-19-2002, 07:03 PM
Lots of people have this problem actually, I think. I know I do. I can hardly get my Dooku's cape to stay on period, and when it does, he topples over backwards. The cape is just too darn heavy. Hopefully when my stands come in the mail he'll stand up with a little help from one of those....

CaptainSolo1138
05-20-2002, 03:29 AM
Consider yourself lucky to even have a Count Dooku!!:)

Croaker
05-20-2002, 08:22 AM
I prop mine up with the stone from the clone trooper under his cape to support him.

Forhekset
05-20-2002, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by CaptainSolo1138
Consider yourself lucky to even have a Count Dooku!!:)

Aw man, I can go to Target early Saturday or Sunday morning and have 4 Dookus just waiting for me (both days). It's the 2 new waves that scalpers are latched onto now, I think....those are the ones I'm having major trouble finding.

I finally got Dooku to stand with his cape on but I think it's just because the table I tested on is a bit uneven, so he was leaning forward slightly. When I tried to migrate him to my bookcase with the other figures, he toppled right over. So for now Croaker's idea works the best I'd say :)

JEDIpartner
05-20-2002, 10:50 AM
I just put him on a stand... as I do with all of my figures.

stillakid
05-20-2002, 10:52 AM
Realstands!

Although those bug guys don't have holes in their feet so they have to rest on their wings.

pthfnder89
05-20-2002, 10:57 AM
Mine stands perfectly. But I think that might be because he always has at least one of his lightsabers in his hands. Are you standing him with or without his saber? Because (as with many of the new figures) the accessory is sometimes necessary to counter balance him. :)

Taichi
05-20-2002, 11:03 AM
Yeah, just do what I did......leave that one in the package!

now, I'll be the first to admit that I prefer my figures loose, but on the 'harder to find' ones, I just leave 'em on the card.....

Forhekset
05-20-2002, 11:13 AM
pthfnder, I'm trying to stand him with the sabre. He's dueling Anakin after all :D Yours stands up with the cape on, without a stand? I really don't like action figure stands but I've resigned myself to the fact that for some figures they're pretty much a necessity (Kit Fisto, Taun We).

pthfnder89
05-20-2002, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Forhekset
pthfnder, I'm trying to stand him with the sabre. He's dueling Anakin after all :D Yours stands up with the cape on, without a stand?

Yeah, he's actually one of the most stable figures I have. I guess I got lucky because this seems to be a common problem with him.

darthpunker
05-20-2002, 01:21 PM
Yeah, that Clone Trooper rock balance idea is a good one.

I tried using his scimitar-handled saber to counter-balance him, i was trying to get a scene to put next to my computer where he was chopping off Anakin's arm, while Obi-wan lies helpless. Maybe he needs both, but I put the green one away in my "community weapons box" as soon as I got it.

But I decided to balance him up against the side of my computer andnow I have a scene going with E1 Darth Sidious, Removable Helmet Vader, E1 Wave 1 Darth Maul and Dooku. The master, and all the apprentices. :)

DarthMushy
05-20-2002, 01:32 PM
My Dooku stands just fine. It just took a little fidgeting with the legs. Currently, he is fighting HD Anakin, who falls down and loses his arm whenever I bump the table (coincidence?)

Paul-Kenobi
05-20-2002, 08:51 PM
i still don't have a Dooku :(

PS i want Bespin LUKE! GRRRRR dang my town for not haveing anything!!!!!! grrrr

Forhekset
05-20-2002, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Paul-Kenobi
i still don't have a Dooku :(

PS i want Bespin LUKE! GRRRRR dang my town for not haveing anything!!!!!! grrrr

If you want to pay me cost + shipping I can get you several Dookus, they're becoming easy to find here.

Paul-Kenobi
05-31-2002, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Forhekset

If you want to pay me cost + shipping I can get you several Dookus, they're becoming easy to find here.

sorry i was runing though my e mail and found this

anyway i found Bespin Luke

and i'm ordering Dooku from a site that i found.

thanks anyway for your help though :)