PDA

View Full Version : Is Mace a bad guy?

Tycho
05-19-2002, 05:58 PM
This is discussed in the later posts in the Revenge of the Sith thread.

Just wanted people to know so if they are thinking what I am thinking, than they will know where to go look for it.

chewie
05-19-2002, 10:23 PM
I don't think Mace will. After all, there's never been any mention of any other jedi betraying in the OT, only Anakin's betrayal. Granted, with Mace dead by the time of the OT, Obi-Wan may have had little reason to tell Luke about that, but that would still be a fairly big point to bring across to Luke when Obi-Wan was telling him that big long story.

If Mace does wind up betraying the jedi, it will be an incredibly well kept secret with absolutely no slight clues given through TPM or AOTC.

DeadEye
05-20-2002, 08:10 PM
Well, Mace is up to something. I can just tell. Even if he's not the one who erased Kamino from the archives, he's definitely hiding something.

DarthBrandon
05-20-2002, 08:11 PM
Doubt it very much Mace does not seem at all interested in betraying the Jedi but preserving them.

Darth Ovori
05-21-2002, 01:39 PM
To Believe that, Mace wants us...

chris
05-21-2002, 08:34 PM
I thought about this before. But i'm not sure if it will happen or not, then again it all depends on E3s story, it would either work well, or it wouldnt.

Tycho
05-21-2002, 08:46 PM
Yeah, I'm having doubts about that already. In writing my E3 plotline (this forum) I kept Mace a good guy.

There could be a side trip with him trying to locate the Loyalists so he could take care of them (in my story) but Boba Fett interferes because he doesn't understand they are on the same side and he has this grudge to pay. Whatever, either way, Mace's demise works to Padme's escape.

I like it better than Qui-Gon's voice tells them that there is life in the Force while their is imbalance. Then Mace, Yoda, and Obi-Wan begin to learn about this because it affects Obi-Wan's apprentice (the darkness that disturbs Qui-Gon from beyond the grave).

So Mace vanishing proves it can be done, so Yoda and Obi-Wan know how to do this later.

Then Mace is a Great Hero and also responsible for the training of Luke Skywalker to be able to continue because Obi-Wan can talk to him.

I'm liking that even better.

darthvader92
05-21-2002, 09:59 PM
I don't know Tycho.I'm starting to believe Mace will be the sith lord.Notice how he is always wanting to know what Yoda is doing.And in AOTC he wants to tell the Senate that they no longer have the power of the force.Dooku is trying to destroy the sith within.I believe Mace erased the achives and Palp is Spho-Dias.Thoughts.............

Jedi Clint
05-21-2002, 10:32 PM
No and No

Wolfwood319
05-22-2002, 12:27 AM
From the scene where he's talking to Yoda, and they are discussing "their inability to use the Force as much, maybe it is time to tell the senate, etc." it seems that Mace is more of a "Right-winger" in that he'll do all in his power to preserve the way of the Jedi Order, no matter what the costs.

So no, I don't think he'll betray them.

Beast
05-22-2002, 12:36 AM
Nah, I don't think we will see a major villian on par to a Sith Lord, and definatly not Mace. It would be to overwhelming storywise to try to stuff all that into a movie around 2 hours plus. They have Dooku to deal with in E3, it would be to much to then have someone like Mace turning bad, not to mention Anakin. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
05-22-2002, 12:47 AM
Unless we learn more about Sypho-Dias I don't care to speculate anything about him.

One thing for sure is that he was said to have died. If he was once a famous Jedi Council Member, or at least a known enough Jedi that Obi-Wan has heard of him specifically out of 10,000 Jedi, than they must know what he looks like.

He can't look like Palpatine, Mace, or Dooku. Nor can any of them be a clone of Sypho-Dias or have a clone of themselves working for the Sith. That's for the obvious reason that they are too easy to recognize. Sypho-Dias might be a human or he might be an Arcona for all we know. But if he's human, he doesn't look like anyone we've seen amongst the humans before.

JarJar: go look in either the E3 spoiler section or the E3 non-spoiler section. ;)

I think you and some others here will find a thread they want to participate in on some of these specific plot points.

2-1B
05-22-2002, 02:02 AM
No, Mace will not betray the council.

Tycho, why would Dooku have to look like Sifo-Dyas?
The Kaminoans wouldn't know what the real Sifo-Dyas looked like, so it does not matter.

Tycho
05-22-2002, 03:27 AM
The Jedi know what Sifo-Dyas looked like.

They would know if Sifo-Dyas was Mace, Yoda, or Dooku or Palpatine for that matter.

2-1B
05-22-2002, 03:55 AM
Sorry Tycho, my bad. :(

I was approaching it from the point of "who was impersonating Sifo-Dyas" while you were laying out the known facts. Yes, I agree with you that Sifo-Dyas could not literally be any of those you mentioned. :)

evenflow
05-23-2002, 09:26 AM
I brought this up a long time ago, when Episode I first came out. I still think he is goign to betray the Jedi.

A'Sharad Hett
05-27-2002, 01:27 AM
I noticed in the EP2 book, when Obi-wan says he thought Sifo-Dyas was deadb etc. and he asks if someone else could have given the order to create a Clone Army, and it says the almost before obi-wan can finish Mace says "No, etc etc." I found it kinda weird that he answered so quickly, I saw the movie again tonight and watched Mace during that and other scenes alot. There is a thought in my mind that he may be bad. But I can't decide yes or no. Well just have to wait and see.

corporal AMF
07-08-2002, 06:52 PM
After reading a pair of post I decided to share this idea, maybe uncle George has something hidden for us. I believe that Master Windu has more to reveal to us than he had before.......

Originally posted by Amanamike
Mace Windu is definitely a bad guy. Just loom at him in every scene in the movie the way he looks nervous or guilty. And besides George Lucas had him in his original plans for the Prequels when he first thoughtup the idea of Star Wars and his Mace back then turned bad. So I am totally in the Mace=Sith mind set. here are some examples of what I saw.

- His look of "uh oh hes catching on to something" everytime yoda talks to him.

-His purple lightsaber. When you mix a blue lightsaber(jedi) with a red lightsaber(sith) you get purple.

- When Mace is around Yoda, Yoda always has clouded vision. He saw more when he was meditating alone until Mace walked in and it was cut off. When Yoda fought Dooku when Mace wasnt around he sensed the dark side in him. But when Maced is around he cant sense anything. Mace wanted to tell the senate that their vision is of no use right now. Why?? like Yoda said, "Give them the advantage that will"

- Mace knew that Yoda wanted Jango captured and brought before the coucil for questioning. So i believe this is why he wanted to kill him so bad in the arena. I know it looked like it was cause Jango tried to roast him, but that was just a ruse. Mace was hell bent on killing Jango...revenge??? Isnt that a sith trait to go after someone?? That looked like he wanted to kick his ***,he was relentless.

- Mace is the closest thing to Yoda and on the council has the second most power. Anakin said it himself. Who else could cloud Yodas vision. When Mace talks to Yoda, he always asks him, "what is it??" like he cant sense it too.

I know it may sound silly, but if you remember : 'I am your father', nothing can be silly:crazed:

evenflow
07-08-2002, 07:08 PM
You know i had posted something like this along tiome ago in the old forums right after Episode I. I think that he will turn on the Council and mureder them all. Thats what i think.

DeadEye
07-08-2002, 07:11 PM
It's entirely possible. There is a mole on the Council. He's probably the one that deleted Kamino from the archive memory.

evenflow
07-08-2002, 07:14 PM
That could be, I just assumed that Palpatine deleted it. He is the boss, he probably has access. Or Dooku deleted it before leaving the order, meaning that this whole thing is a giant master plan that has been in the works for years, obviously the same as how the death star was.

DeadEye
07-08-2002, 07:24 PM
Maybe. But that seems too obvious. Wouldn't Jocasta Nu in all those years see that her computers were tampered with? I imagine it had been done recently.

morecow299
07-08-2002, 08:11 PM
this is very interesting
take into consideration this i must

DeadEye
07-08-2002, 08:33 PM
We have three years to go. That's plenty of time for consideration!

We all want to see this movie badly, I'd bet. But wallowing in our own predictions will only make us all the more disappointed when we see the real script. :D

BillyJAck
07-08-2002, 10:25 PM
So true. ...guys you have to remember that GL is just going to do the most predictable thing. Sure he shocked the crap outta me with the I AM you FATHER line....I pray he can pull something like that off in 3....something SHOCKING....but it will probably not be much....o well...I want there to be a secret sith badly but it just dooku and palpy...lol

DarthSetnom
07-09-2002, 01:33 AM
I remember that old thread wvenflow mentioned.... I said there and I still believe he is not a Sith. Just as I don't buy the "lightsaber color decides which side you're fighting for".

Maybe it's just that i want him to become a hero and all. But also, I still haven't heard any solid arguments for the "traitor" theory.

The look on his face is somewhat an accident. What if some other actor played him?

Again, the lightsaber color is too weak an argument.

Yoda's vision is clouded because the dark side is growing strong. Palpatine is finally starting to reveal his presence. Even Obi-Wan as a Padawan learner felt it. Palpatine is in the same planet and at times in the same room as Yoda when his vision is clouded.

Why would Mace Windu wait if he could have destroyed or at the very least inflict some heavy damage to the Jedi Order by fighting Yoda. If he is supposed to be as strong as him then the fight shouldn't really be a problem. He could at least have murdered some other members of the Council.

The files could have been deleted by Count Dooku before he left, or maybe during a short visit. Also, nobody said the maps were constantly used, and Jocasta Nu, just like the rest of the Jedi, is losing concentration, which would probably explain why she didn't even notice.

What use would Jango Fett have anymore? They were all convinced that Dooku was the one behind the entire rebellion. Jango was only a pawn in the game. A dangerous one for that matter and he WAS trying to kill Master Windu. What, he's supposed to just stand there and take the shots so no one thinks of him as a bad guy? If those actions mean you're a Sith, then where does that leave Obi-Wan after he goes berserk on Darth Maul and chops him in half?

Yoda may be old but he is not senile. At least not yet. It makes VERY little sense that he would allow a Dark Warrior become Head of the Council along with him.

Mace Windu is known for his heroic actions, according (again) to the official site and even though he does seem like a good candidate to reveal himself as a Sith Lord, he is also on top of the list for a sublime and tragic sacrifice in order to save the Skywalker kids from death. Or at least one of them.

DeadEye
07-09-2002, 09:12 AM
Good or evil, Mace dies in Episode 3. That much is certain.

pthfnder89
07-09-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by DeadEye
Maybe. But that seems too obvious. Wouldn't Jocasta Nu in all those years see that her computers were tampered with? I imagine it had been done recently.

I'm with evenflow. I think Dooku deleted it before leaving the Jedi Order.

Consider : If deleting Kamino was the only thing he did it might go unnoticed forever. Jocasta Nu didn't remember ever hearing the name of the planet, since it is remote and the Kaminoans keep to themselves.

As far as Mace killing Jango - if he really wanted him dead, he would have simply killed him on the balcony when he had the chance. He didn't kill Jango until Jango came down to the Arena and tried to attack him. Mace took time out to kill him because at that point Jango was the most dangerous opponent in the arena, much moreso than the battle droids.

Also, if Mace was a traitor, then why would the scene on the balcony even take place? If he was in league wiuth Sidious, he and Dooku would have to know they were on the same side. There aren't any Jedi around on the balcony to overhear his conversation with Dooku so it couldn't have been staged for their benefit. If he was in league wiuth Sidious, he and Dooku would have to know they were on the same side. Palpatine just isn't smart enough to keep two Jedi Masters under him without them realizing it.

I don't buy the "Mace is a traitor thing" at all.

DeadEye
07-09-2002, 12:09 PM
Maybe Mace just killed Jango because he presented the greatest thread to all the Jedi.

Tycho
07-09-2002, 03:07 PM
I'm on the fence on the whole Mace issue.

But Palpatine is the smartest character in all the Star Wars universe. Or the most "clever," as there is a difference between being that and being smart or wise.

But everything that happens in a Star Wars PREQUEL happens because Palpatine wants it to. The only one he can't really predict is Padme.

But then nobody understands a woman....:rolleyes:

evenflow
07-09-2002, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
I'm on the fence on the whole Mace issue.

But Palpatine is the smartest character in all the Star Wars universe. Or the most "clever," as there is a difference between being that and being smart or wise.

But everything that happens in a Star Wars PREQUEL happens because Palpatine wants it to. The only one he can't really predict is Padme.

But then nobody understands a woman....:rolleyes:

True, Palpatine doe shave his hand in everything. It woul dbe easy for him and Mace to be in on something together.

Oh, and i feel what you are saying about the women. :p

Toad
07-10-2002, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye

She may be a great Jedi and an even better librarian, but since she'd never heard of Kamino, and thought Obi-Wan was a fool for suggesting there was once something there, I don't think she would realize it at all. 10 years or not -- she simply wouldn't know.

I for one don't think there is any value whatsoever in having Mace be bad. What is the point? So there's a mole? Well, not necessarily right NOW -- but sometime in the past.

There's too much to do in Ep. III than to worry about another HUGE storyline. Kiss this one goodbye, my Jedi friends! ;)

Tycho
07-10-2002, 04:19 PM
A mole you say? I've got it! DROOPY MC COOL was once a Jedi!

Yes folks, he's been hiding in the Max Rebo Band all this time, but Droopy is really Sifo-Dyas!

My oh my! Luke couldn't possibly have known the danger he was in!

Toad
07-10-2002, 04:22 PM
LOL. Makes as much sense to me as this whole "Mace Windu" thing! ;)

Jedi Clint
07-10-2002, 06:57 PM
Hey is that one of those new bong sabers I saw in J&SBSB ;)

Tycho
07-11-2002, 03:55 AM
That was good J.C. - you made me honestly laugh!

Jedi Clint
07-11-2002, 11:04 AM
:) Can we get a reverse of that pic Tycho? I want to see if the power of the bong blew his mind!?

Tycho
07-11-2002, 11:29 AM
Warning: this image is very graphic!

Jedi Clint
07-11-2002, 12:25 PM
That'll teach him to turn the thing off before he uses it for recreational purposes ;) ......or maybe.....it's too late....for that.

DeadEye
07-11-2002, 01:31 PM
BTW Tycho, that's beyond a PG-level of violence right there. Are you sure it's kosher for a family site? ;)

hango fett
07-15-2002, 01:50 PM
i don't care as long as it looks and feels good.

hango fett
07-15-2002, 01:51 PM
BTW, nice pic tycho! LOL!

DarthSetnom
07-16-2002, 02:39 AM
so anyway... does anybody still believe MW will reveal himself a disciple of the Dark Lord Sidious?

Tycho
07-16-2002, 05:42 AM
I don't think so. But I think Mace is playing a tricky game, possibly conspiring with Dooku to infiltrate the Sith, and he's operating without Yoda's permission or the Council's knowledge.

Something's not right about Mace. Something's different. Right now I have to wait 3 years to see how it will play out.

The Overlord Returns
07-17-2002, 11:35 AM
I don't see how there's the slightest bit of filmic evidence to support this "Mace is evil" theory. His facial expressions seem like more of a "worried" thing ....ya know....state of the republic in jeopardy type thing.

Toad
07-17-2002, 03:27 PM
Yup -- no evidence whatsoever. What is being misconstrued as strange looks, etc. can just as easily be worry.

If Mace Windu turns out to be bad, I'm afraid Lucas is stetching things a bit too much. Of course, maybe he'll also be Lando's biological father, and he'll have a hand in raising Han. THAT would make sense...;)

Jonna
07-17-2002, 03:28 PM
People start threads about the oddest ideas.

Jacen Solo
07-17-2002, 05:43 PM
Everbody knows that Palpatine had Jedi (i.e. Kam Solusar) that turned to the dark side and hunted the Jedi. Maybe Mace is one of those who turns, I personally think that Adi Gallia is the one to turn, she is said to be the one who takes info back and forth to Plapatine. Maybe there are Jedi that are on the council that are evil, that would explain how the presence of the sith isn't noticed.

Darth Vellner
07-21-2002, 07:58 PM
If mace follows the council and the council is controlled by the senete and the senete is controlled by palpy who is a sith lord.....dunt dunt Daaaaa!!!!
jedi will fight each other some protecting the republic (mace-anakin-??) and helping the sith unknowingle
and some see the corruption in the republic (dooku-obi-wan-??) and try to stop it

DarthSetnom
07-22-2002, 12:37 AM
I insist... it's not just the physical presence of the sith that clouds everything it's the fact that Palpatine is so attuned to the Dark Side of the Force that he manages to break the balance thus making it hard even for Master Yoda and Mace Windu to figure out the events.

DarthSetnom
08-21-2002, 12:49 PM
Back on the "Mace Windu will betray the Jedi" theory... this just came to my mind. Mace Windu might reveal himself as a very powerful enemy. One who knows just how to destroy the Jedi and helps both The Emperor and Darth Vader get rid of these enemies of order.

Now it seems weird that Obi-Wan managed to beat Anakin on his own, so why not have Mace Windu sacrifice and die to get rid of Vader? He would redeem himself in doing this. But also his heroics would prove to be useless as Vader would survive the injuries MW and Obi Wan inflicted him.

Beast
08-21-2002, 12:55 PM
"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice" ;) :D

Currently the two are Darth Sidious and Darth Tyranus. Sometime in E2 Anakin will likely kill Tyranus, then will later take his place as the new protegee to Darth Sidious. Thinking Mace might be in league with Sidious, would be like thinking Yoda was. :crazed:

I don't get this whole, Mace as a traitor thing. It makes no sense. He will likely end up battling Anakin/Vader and then Boba Fett will cheap shot Mace, likely with a thermal detenator or other kind of disintigration weapon. That will explain Vader's nod to Boba in Empire, when he tells him: "No disintigrations". :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthSetnom
08-21-2002, 01:17 PM
Yeah don't get me wrong I don't believe in this theory at all, it's just a hypothetic scenario in case Mace Windu turned out to be evil

The Overlord Returns
08-21-2002, 04:10 PM
I get the feeling most of this Mace is evil propaganda might come from the fact that Sam Jackson is playing him, and folks can't get past the "Bad Mutha" thing....

I also don't see why it's wierd that Obi wan would defeat Anakin.....he's got 10 years or so on him in experience....and he's far more controlled.

DarthSetnom
08-22-2002, 12:41 PM
believe it or not, some folks even believe this is likely to happen because his lightsaber is purple (blue and red together)...

Beast
08-22-2002, 12:50 PM
Yeah, that's one of the silliest reasons I have ever heard. Just because his Lightsaber is purple, doesn't make him a traitor. Purple can be considered a variation of the color blue also, so it doesn't have to be a blue/red combination. Besides, he only has a purple lightsaber because Sam Jackson's favorite color is purple. See the movie Unbreakable for proof of that, all his purple outfits were his idea. So he asked Lucas if he could have one, and Lucas said sure. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mini-rock
08-29-2002, 01:06 AM
Just read this whole thread. I honestly have to say that I can't se why Mace would turn to the dark side. He may however become sort of a "rogue" Jedi, but I also think many Jedi will be on opposite sides. Would be interesting.

I agree with what The Overlord Returns said. It's Sam Jackson = Bad Mutha = I'll whoop your butt.

A friend of mine also said I was blind because it basically says in the AOTC visual dictionary that Mace is bad. This is what it says:

"A Form VII instructor, Mace Windu is one of the best living lighsaber fighters in the Jedi Order. Only high-level masters of multiple forms can achieve and control Form VIII. This dangerous regimen cuts perilously close to the Sith focus on physical combat ability."
I think thats stretching it a bit, but I guess we will not know for sure until May 2005.

JJB, I think Boba will use Slave 1 to finish Mace too.

The Overlord Returns
11-18-2002, 01:22 PM
Caught this in a thread over at RTM.

Apparently a guy was saying randon things at his r2....when he said "r2, do you remember....mace windu" the r2 unit made it's scared noise, the same reaction it has when you ask him about Boba Fett...

Is this just an odd mistake...or an indication that there is more to Mace than meets the eye?

Discuss.

TheDarthVader
12-05-2002, 10:01 PM
People...listen to George when he talks about "reoccuring themes". Don't you understand that?

First of all, Mace is not or will not be a bad guy.

Second...REOCURRING THEMES...REOCCURING THEMES

Third...since you are thinking about reocurring themes... how about this scenario... Anakin is fighting Mace Windu... for some reason Kenobi can not fight Anakin at the same time or is not there while they are fighting...but when Anakin kills Mace... Kenobi sees this just like in Episode One...once again, he screams noooooo! Now he is mad again and beats Anakin thus Anakin becomes Vader. oh good thought coming on!! very intelligent thought!!!!----

FOURTH: I HAVE FIGURED OUT THE WAY A JEDI CAN APPEAR AS A GHOST.
The WAY THAT A JEDI CAN APPEAR AS A GHOST IS IF HE IS KILLED BY A SITH OR IF HE IS TAKEN NATURALLY BY THE FORCE!!! THUS QUI-GON CAN BECAUSE MAUL KILLED HIM, THUS MACE CAN BECAUSE ANAKIN KILLS HIM (AS SITH), THUS KENOBI CAN IN ESB BECAUSE VADER KILLS HIM(HE WANTED TO DIE BY VADER SO HE COULD HELP LUKE BECAUSE OTHERWISE HE WOULD HAVE LIVED A LONG TIME NATURALLY)!!! THUS YODA CAN BECAUSE HE DIES NATURALLY. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THAT ?? :)

evenflow
12-06-2002, 07:48 AM
I think he is evil. Just my vibe from him.

TheDarthVader
12-06-2002, 12:01 PM
Oh! And thus Anakin can become a ghost because technically, Emperor Palpatine kills him!
:)

Chewtobacco
12-06-2002, 05:13 PM
Well, TheDarthVader, I think you have a good point. I don't have a vibe or a feeling that Mace is evil. I think Mace will be a good guy till the end.

When someone turns to a jedi "ghost", is there some time where they stop coming around? and do they only appear to ONE or TWO people?

The reason why I ask these questions is because many many years before, there were jedi killed by sith. Why didn't they become ghosts? That information would certainly be in the jedi library.

Plus, with the possibility of Mace being taken down by Anikin, why doesn't Mace & Qui Gon appear as ghosts during Ep 4 to help Obi Wan and Luke?

TheDarthVader
12-06-2002, 11:39 PM
sorry to get this topic a little on the "ghost" thing but I had that thought while I was writing about Mace.

I do not have answers for that question. I am sure there are "rules" (??) I am not sure. Why didn't Yoda ever appear to Luke as a ghost to help him? hmmmm interesting

Darth Shifty
12-09-2002, 12:47 PM
Just read the final installment of the Star Wars: Infinites - Empire Strikes Back comic at the grocery store yesterday. I know these EU stories don't always flow with the continuity of the movie storylines, but I thought I'd chip in on this discussion anyway. Mace Windu comes back as a ghost in this story, along with the ghosts of Ben and Qui Gonn, and he was a purely benevolent character. Nothing was inferred that he was an evil character in any way.

By the way, the ESB Infinities comics were nowhere near as entertaining as the ANH storyline.

TheDarthVader
12-10-2002, 09:31 PM
Oh...And another thing...on the lightsaber being purple...if you listen to Samuel Jackson he will tell you that Lucas let him have a purple one because it was his favorite color. I think the idea of it being he favorite color is true as he is wearing an all purple hat when talking in the bonus features of AOTC DVD. So...no it is not that he is bad with a mix of red and blue...just SJ favorite color.
LOL... :)

Brian

mini-rock
12-11-2002, 01:10 AM
Now that I have seen AOTC on DVD a bunch now, I have no doubt in my mind Mace is a good guy. I know before I had a little doubt, but that's gone now.:)

TheDarthVader
12-24-2002, 03:28 PM
Regarding your interactive R2D2 being fearful at the sound of Mace Windu...I have an answer to that. The little droid is getting it confused because it sounds like COUNT DOOKU. So, I am afraid he is not giving us a sneak peak insight. But there is your answer.

JediElf
01-10-2003, 07:44 AM
I Think Mace is a total bad guy there are some bits in episodeII that left me wondering what he has up his sleve. That part where Yoda was telling him that he could feel pain and suffering when Anikin was killing all those sand people and Mace just could not feel it like he wasn't even a jedi. Or why didn't Mace kill Duku when he had the chance and all the strange expressions on his face. I don't know, but I've got a bad feeling about this.:D :D :stupid:

TheDarthVader
01-12-2003, 08:43 PM
Mace didn't kill Dooku because he was busy with Jango Fett.

mini-rock
01-13-2003, 01:13 AM
As Mace was walking down the corridor he saw only 2 threats, Dooku and Jango. Dooku being a former Jedi I'm sure Mace expected Dooku to surrender or thought he would with the massive number of Jedi, but Dooku was prepaired.

SithMace
01-22-2003, 12:33 AM
YOUR DAMN RIGHTS there were clues to Mce being a bad guy in the first 2 movies and also because he ahs a purple lightsaber. Im willing to bet my life on it that hell be a badass. Where to begin on what he has done. When the head jedi were called to Palpatine to discuss what happened on the platform in ep2, Mace said we are protectors of the peace not soldiers. Well wasnt Padme on her way to stop the military creation act?? And if she was then why is Mace implying they need something more than Jedi to fight their battles. Also he said Dooku couldnt be the reason behind all of the problems, hes just not like that he said. Also everytime Yoda is trying to see with his force vision, he has a hard time cause the dark side is clouding everything. Well how can it cloud him unless something is around to help that with a jedi master as strong as Yoda he should be able to see past. He was doing a great job meditating until Mace came in and it was clouded agian. Also watch Yodas eyes how he looks at Mace when he is talking, they look suspicious, im not kidding watch him. I believe Mace wiped the records too. Dooku was already out fo the jedi order, so I believe it had to be MAce. I also believe he ordered the clones. I think Sidious had Dooku be used as a pawn and lead up with the Battle droid army, while not telling him that Mace was getting the clone army. I also believe this is why Mace had to kill Jango cause jango knew of both of them and it had to be kept a secret cause if the Jedi caught Jango he woulda been up shyte creek. he went medieval after Jango not like a jedi who only uses his power for defense but a sith with aggression. Also Dooku said this cant be when he saw the clones arrive and siad his master would not put up with such TRECHORY. Like he didnt know or expect to be fighting a clone army but just to wipe out the jedi in the arena. And the way Mace walked up to Dooku and jango like he knew where theyd be and he tried to be calm. With his purple lightsaber I know he said he wanted one and Lucas gave him one for that reason, but Lucas also said he does everything for a reason so I cant see this be something just for fun. Also red and blue make purple. And also in the first one when OB1 and Qui gonn came to him about Maul he said he must be caught right away before he consoled with yoda and his fake way of "Bring him before us" then while his hand waves in the air whjen they asked to bring Anakin in to be tested, that was an act within an act. Its all there guys. He is the sith youll see. Anakin will be replacing him at the emperors side. Its gonna happen. Also take anything that is in comics and expanded universe with a grain of salt that dont mean squat.

Wookiee
01-22-2003, 03:09 PM
I'm not sure how continuous it is with the story so far, but I like the idea of Mace turning bad. For that matter, I like the idea of several Jedi turning to the dark side. If the Dark Side is so powerful, then it might make sense to see some Jedi's being lured away. This would cause a rift in the order that could destroy them all.

Otherwise, how is one bad Sith and one Apprentice going to destroy the entire Jedi order? with the help of droids or clones? Lame. I'd hate to see a group as powerful as the Jedi destroyed by a conventional army. the Jedi should be the most powerful force of good in the Universe, and the Sith & the Dark Side should be by far the most powerful force of Evil.

I think that in Ep 3 we should see just how powerful the Dark Side is as we watch the weaker Jedi lose their faith in the Force and be turned to evil. There were times in the original trilogy when Luke questioned which side was stronger, and times when Vader made it seem the Dark Side was indeed stronger. Also- if some of the Jedi are turned to evil, then it will make the Characters of Luke, Yoda, and Obi-Wan that much stronger, that they could resist when some like Anakin, (and maybe other Jedi)could not.

mabudonicus
01-22-2003, 05:32 PM
Mace is evil... I will bump this thread up for the next 2 years so you can all see I'm right:):):)
Seriously, SithMace's argument is pretty much exactly the same as mine, I won't repeat it, it just works, so this way, dooku can join with anakin, mace will join with palps and yoda and ben join up to have a three way, black white and grey final confrontation... obi wan will kill dooku (thereby finally killing his last true family), anakin will freak and they will have it out, anakin will lose due to being totally un-focussed...
it just works...
Besides, there's no way to say either way, since Mace Windu is barely even sketched in the film, never mind actually developed, he could be anything, and nothing in either prequel is good enough to prove or disprove this.

Beast
01-22-2003, 05:39 PM
Why do people keep forgetting the "L" in this discussion. Mace is "bald" not bad. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SithMace
01-22-2003, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence Mabudon, well be the few in the end who will be right, they will see..They will all see. the truth. Lucas is well known for his suprise plot twists. Anyway Jackson aint no good guy in any movie really, hes a BAD BALD ***

Beast
01-22-2003, 07:39 PM
"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"

You can't judge him by previous roles. The purple is just due to it being Samuel L. Jackson's favorite color. He likes to get somthing purple on his charecters in each more. That's why Mr. Glass in Unbreakable wears mostly purple. So he asked Lucas about the purple lightsaber, and Lucas said sure. :)

Where is it once even hinted that Mace Windu is a bad guy? Seriously, he risks his butt on Geonosis when he could have easily been shot by a droid, just like any other Jedi. He's not appearing to hide anything either. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mabudonicus
01-27-2003, 12:47 PM
JJB- this may be repetition, but here goes, just ONE inference as to Mace's true disposition..
When the tusken massacre is occuring, and yoda is "entranced" or whatever (the bit where mace walks in on him)..
Mace asks what the problem is, yoda saya the suffering bit, and mace says something to the effect (sorry, haven't seen it enough to know it all prefect) of "I don't feel anything"....
RIGHT THERE... mace should at least feel SOMETHING, he's powerful enough... either his force use is more diminished than Yoda's (valid arguement) OR he is evil and is not adversely affected by Suffering (you must admit, equally valid possibility)
I'm under the impression that, since the Jedi are the "good" guys, they would notice suffering so as to react to it, or at least be aware of such injustices as a whole planet being wiped out so as to better know where the "need" for them is) and be adversely affected by it in proportion to the enormity of the act.....
The sith CAUSE so much suffering, and so to me it would make sense that it would not "hurt" them like it would the Jedi...
So, whaddya think JJB... ANY credence to this??? :):):)

Beast
01-27-2003, 06:01 PM
Yoda was meditating that the time also. So he was more in tune with the force. He's also older and likely more powerful then Mace Windu anyway. I think everyone is just considering his other roles and his purple lightsaber when they tag him as a bad guy. We'll find out in 2005 though, for sure. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mabudonicus
01-28-2003, 09:25 AM
Yeah, 2005 will tell... I honestly don't watch really any movies, though, and am basing my "evil mace" solely on the SW films.. doesn't mean I'm any more wrong or right than the next guy, just wanted to point out that my arguements (and my reason for thinking it in the first place) has nothing to do with other films or the colour of his sword....
And just to respond/attempt to refute:p what you posted JJB- all's I can point out is, if Mace isn't force-tuned enough to feel the event which is basically the beginning of the end (Anakin's turning, you remember the music in that scene), even after yoda basically told him where to look, then what good is he anyway??
I dunno, it just strikes me as odd, especially when coupled with other things... why f'rinstance, would he even consider letting others in on their diminished powers?? It seemed like he was feeling yoda out, trying to find out how much he was actually aware of concerning the whole situation....
Ahh, forget it, we're both right untill 2005!!!!!

El Chuxter
03-03-2007, 12:57 AM
Mace is bad like Michael Jackson!

Anyone with such an obsession with purple is all right in my book. Hopefully he'll be willing to cut off Batman's head so that I can steal the rare pterodactyl eggs from the Gotham Natural History Museum!!

By the way, "ducks," you broke your promise.

Mace is evil... I will bump this thread up for the next 2 years so you can all see I'm right:):):)

THIS I COMMAND!!

2-1B
03-03-2007, 03:20 PM
Yeah, 2005 will tell... I honestly don't watch really any movies, though, and am basing my "evil mace" solely on the SW films.. doesn't mean I'm any more wrong or right than the next guy, just wanted to point out that my arguements (and my reason for thinking it in the first place) has nothing to do with other films or the colour of his sword....
And just to respond/attempt to refute:p what you posted JJB- all's I can point out is, if Mace isn't force-tuned enough to feel the event which is basically the beginning of the end (Anakin's turning, you remember the music in that scene), even after yoda basically told him where to look, then what good is he anyway??
I dunno, it just strikes me as odd, especially when coupled with other things... why f'rinstance, would he even consider letting others in on their diminished powers?? It seemed like he was feeling yoda out, trying to find out how much he was actually aware of concerning the whole situation....
Ahh, forget it, we're both right untill 2005!!!!!

And since JJB isn't here to continue the debate....the winner is \m/ Mabs \m/ !

Tycho
03-09-2007, 07:40 AM
Where is JarJarBinks? Where did he go? Why isn't he here?

mabudonicus
03-09-2007, 08:26 AM
Okay, Louie, I'll get back on that starting today :ducks:

And thanks Caesar- too bad I had to win it that way, but 2 more points in the "W" column is all good- and who knows, when George remakes the PT, maybe he'll take my ideas to heart :beard:Isobaws&