PDA

View Full Version : Cheese!

Brave Sir Robin
05-19-2002, 07:42 PM
I love cheesy movies! What's everyone's favorite?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Movie
Batman (1966)
Evil Dead (the first one, at least)
Howard the Duck
Star Trek: The Voyage Home
Beetlejuice

bigbarada
05-19-2002, 09:49 PM
How do you determine if a movie is "cheesy?" Is there some sort of checklist?

Eternal Padawan
05-20-2002, 12:29 AM
"Cheese" movies are movies whose plotline revolves around cheese in some fashion or another. Let's take a look at BSR's list. Sometimes the cheese connection is obscure and insidiously clever...

TMNT: Cheese pizza. If the evil Shredder gang takes over New York, hundreds of independent pizzerias run by honest, hardworking Italians will be forced to close. The turtles must use all their skills to prevent this catastrophe.

Batman: Although never stated outright in the film, it's implied that after teaming up to destroy Batmen, the super villains will go on to put a strangle hold on the cheese production capabilities of the entire world. Destroying Batman is simply phase one of their fiendish plan...

Evil Dead: Of course, the incantations in the Necronomicon, when read from cover to cover, would make the very concept of cheese cease to exist. Ash must prevent this unthinkable tragedy from ever occuring...

Howard The Duck: George was going for a metaphorical "cheese as life" parable that clearly went over the heads of simple movie goers who panned this brilliant film, thus destroying any chance of seeing the other two films in the trilogy (George only does trilogies, after all) which would have made everything staggeringly clear in the end.

Star Trek: Clearly the whales were brough back from the past strictly to cultivate their milk and make a rare Whale Cheese which was intended to placate the advancing alien probe. Somehow all of this was left on the cutting room floor...

Beetlejuice: Lord knows what was (and is) going through Tim Burton's head, but the man is a huge fan of all types of cheese. This movie above all others (except perhaps Ed Wood) is an homage to cheese.

2-1B
05-20-2002, 03:14 AM
Masters of the Universe was pretty cheesy, I liked that as a kid.
What am I doing with a DVD copy? :eek:

Garbage Pail Kids The Movie was pretty cheesy, is that available on DVD?
I'd like to see it again. :D

Beast
05-20-2002, 03:40 AM
Sorry Caesar, no GPK: The Movie yet on DVD. Infact I don't even think it's avaliable on VHS anymore. Same thing that happened with the cards, they noticed a similarity in the charecters with some of the kids buddy type dolls, and made a stink. Good trivia question for ya, what was the A and B names, for the R2-D2 like Garbage Pail Kid card? :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

QLD
05-20-2002, 04:39 AM
I enjoy a good cheesy movie.

Some of my favorites:

Evil Dead 2
Army of Darkness
Serial Mom
Tank Girl
No Holds Barred
Fear of a Black Hat
Toxic Avenger
Beast Master
Breakin 2 Electric Boogaloo
The Human Tornado
Night of the Lepus
Food of the Gods
C.H.U.D 2 : Bud the C.H.U.D.
Tuff Turf

I could probably go on all night.....but I won't :D

I usually define a cheesy movie as one that is low budget/bad, and you enjoy the movie despite/because of it.

Starfig873
05-20-2002, 10:06 AM
Aww....and here I thought we were going to discuss cheese :cry:

*shrugs* I have many cheesy movies that I like.
All the Evil Dead movies, Cannibal! The Musical, TMNT, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, Return of the Killer Tomatoes, The Killer Tomatoes Eat France, etc. :)

Jargo
05-20-2002, 04:30 PM
They made sequels to the killer tomato movie? Oh dear Lord......! That's too cheesy to contemplate.

Jonny Mnemonic is preeeeetty cheesy. home alone and it's terrible sequels. Beethoven. Turner and hooch. K9. In fact any movie centered around kids or animals. With the exeption of ET.
Gremlins II is extremely cheesy.
I can think of plenty of cheesy movies but just... not right now..... :)

Brave Sir Robin
05-20-2002, 04:37 PM
OOO! How could I forget the Gremlins films? And Mars Attacks.

Jargo
05-20-2002, 10:13 PM
Hairspray. Or any John Waters film.
Stop or my Mom will shoot
kindergarten cop
Mr. nanny
Fantastic voyage
Benji
The shaggy DA
Freaky friday
Digby the worlds biggest dog
Bugsy Malone
The Flintstones

There's so many to choose from I can't even begin. I'm kinda loped o these kids and animals movies right now. :p

Fulit
05-20-2002, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO

Gremlins II is extremely cheesy.

Know who's in Gremlins 2? Count Dooku.

Brave Sir Robin
05-21-2002, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
How do you determine if a movie is "cheesy?" Is there some sort of checklist?

Well, the truth is, only you can tell! There are movies that are bad, in a BAD way, like, for example, Batman and Robin or Wild Wild West. Then there are movies that are cheesy! Those are bad in a GOOD way!

Mike Troxell
05-21-2002, 09:39 PM
Two words....Bad Taste