PDA

View Full Version : Extra Track on TARGET Soundtrack

stillakid
05-20-2002, 01:05 AM
There is a sticker on the CD Soundtrack packaging for AOTC that says that there is an extra track on the TARGET Store copy. Is this true? What is the track? Do other chains have their own exclusive tracks? Should I wait for the "definitive" soundtrack?

2-1B
05-20-2002, 01:48 AM
Yes, it's true. :) It's a Target exclusive, believed to be from the droid foundry scene - but it is not listed on the back label.
Wal-Mart has an exclusive screensaver (I foolishly bought mine at WM :D) and I'm not sure if any other stores offer exclusives.

Oooh, I won't touch your question of the "definitive" soundtrack, I didn't bother with TPM's "ultimate" edition but I do know there were complaints regarding its . . . non-ultimateness. :D

Eternal Padawan
05-20-2002, 03:13 AM
I was under the impression the "bonus" soundtrack was on ALL the discs, despite Target's claim otherwise. My CA friend bought his at Best Buy and it has the bonus track, and another guy I know bought his at a smaller dealer (Sam Goody or someplace similar) and it also has the bonus track.

Target is full of it.

2-1B
05-20-2002, 03:21 AM
Best Buy? That's the first I heard of it. Might that copy also have the exclusive WM screensaver? Maybe that's on more copies than Wal-Mart realizes?

How lame would it be to put the track on every copy except for Wal-Mart's? I didn't even "need" to buy it right away, I just thought I would throw it in with my midnight madness haul.
Oh well. :rolleyes:

Mandalorian Candidat
05-20-2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by stillakid
Should I wait for the "definitive" soundtrack?

Isn't the definitive soundtrack already out? It's the same one as from EP1. Half the music in AOTC is directly from the last movie. If we get anything else, it'll just be new tracks intertwined with old ones.

pthfnder89
05-20-2002, 11:45 AM
Just for reference, the bonus track is titled "On the Conveyor Belt".

Hmm... I'm anxious to find out if it really is only att Target. I've been waiting to buy it and if another store has the bonus track copy, then I don't want to pay more from Target.

JEDIpartner
05-20-2002, 12:49 PM
I paid $13.99 for mine at Target. No big deal.

JediDan
05-21-2002, 06:08 PM
Walmarts soundtracks only have 13 songs. So the conveyor belt title makes it 14. Head over to Audiogalaxy and download the song that all of us missed who bought from Walmart.

stillakid
05-21-2002, 07:34 PM
I went ahead and bought mine at Target.