PDA

View Full Version : Dislikes about AOTC

brentfett
05-20-2002, 12:39 PM
OK. I started this thread with the understanding that I loved AOTC! But all movies have some flaws. Here's a chance to vent a few.

Padme and Anakin- the love story element was written with horrible Soap Opera dialogue, but to make it worse, was delivered by both of these actors with extremely stiff performances. I thought I was listening to two battle droids converse!

The music- either John Williams (who is my all time favorite movie music composer) was rushed or has run out of ideas. SO MUCH of the music was ripped off from other movies! I like touching on familiar themes here and there, but CMON! The only good AND new music I though was the speeder chase music.

Not too many gripes. I thought the movie was absolutely incredible other than that!!!!!

DarthSetnom
05-20-2002, 02:04 PM
OK, I haven't seen the movie yet (it hasn't been released here in Mexico) but i know for a fact there are two things that I totally disliked:

1. Yoda is not a puppet anymore, but a CGI character... I mean I thought GL was so proud of how he was the best puppet ever made and all that. Even Samuel L Jackson said he love "working with Yoda" in Ep1. What's next, Jedi Shrek? Then he comes up with "you can hardly distinguish it's not a puppet"... I mean yeah sure if you were blind! The pupet was essential to me. I know some people may not share my feelings here but being a fan of the classic trilogy, i feel this new Yoda is sort of... cold, empty... it's just not him.

2. Yoda with a lightsaber... OK, this might just be prejudging but the figure looks ridiculous to me, I just don't see him fighting like that.

Beast
05-20-2002, 02:12 PM
Making Yoda totally digital wasn't originally Lucas' idea. Frank Oz is getting up there in years, and didn't want to have to fly to Australia, and elsewhere to do Yoda on set. He wanted to just come in for a recording session to do the voice. So, Lucas did it partially out of respect for Frank Oz. The difference isn't that noticable, and actually looks better then the younger Yoda puppet in TPM. :D

Yoda with a lightsaber looks totally kick arse, you will not be disapointed in the scene. Actually you might, in the fact that it doesn't last very long. But you can definatly finally see why Yoda is on the Jedi Council, and so highly respected. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

artdoesart
05-20-2002, 05:02 PM
My biggest dislike was the title...

ATTACK OF THE CLONES... where and when did the clones attack? didn't they defend/protect.... ???

MikeAndTheBots
05-20-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by brentfett

The music- either John Williams (who is my all time favorite movie music composer) was rushed or has run out of ideas. SO MUCH of the music was ripped off from other movies! I like touching on familiar themes here and there, but CMON! The only good AND new music I though was the speeder chase music.

Actually the music was what I thought was one of the best parts.

My only real dislike was that the force-lightning looked better in ROTJ.

DarthWu
05-20-2002, 06:10 PM
I dont think Hayden Christiansen did that great of an acting job. he was only any good when he was angry. but he sounds like such a moron when he goes into why Natalie Portman isnt like sand. i think GL could have come up with a better Anakin, but all in all i was still blown away. after TPM my expectations werent too high. i was amazed by this film.

JediDan
05-20-2002, 06:27 PM
I disliked that the Jedi very rarely used their force abilities. Like when they were surrounded in the arena. Why didn't they all just force jump outta there? Well, I suppose then they wouldn't need the Clone Troopers and thus the story wouldn't come together then. Oh well, I still would have loved to see more force "action" AND lightsaber fights. Still the movie rocked!! :D :D

Beast
05-20-2002, 06:34 PM
JediDan, it pretty much seems to take most of your concentration when you are using your lightsaber. Especially if you have to be deflecting numerous shots from multiple angles coming at you. If you'll notice Vader in ESB, he mostly just stands back when he's hurling stuff at Luke. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediDan
05-20-2002, 06:46 PM
Yes, you bring up a good point JarJar. Good way to put it. :)

Mandalorian Candidat
05-20-2002, 06:52 PM
I just didn't like the first half of the movie, other than the chase and Jango Fett fighting scenes. It was really choppy, not fluid at all. The love story part I didn't mind per se', but the way it was done and the dialogue was horrible. Also, Ani was too much of a whiner. I also didn't like how Padme doesn't recoil in horror after learning that Anakin murdered the Tuskens.

The Yoda fight scene was OK up to where he gets the lightsaber out. It was interesting to see him flipping around, but it would have been even better if he played some trippy mind games with Dooku or use the Force in some other way.

I would really like to see it in digital projection this time. I think the CGs are supposed to be much sharper than they were from the transfer-to-film process.

It wasn't a bad flick, but it should have/could have been much better, especially the first hour.

Darth Ovori
05-20-2002, 06:53 PM
Boba Fett... Hated the kids apperance, his voice, his acting, his lines, his laugh and that damn hairstyle...

Bel-Cam Jos
05-20-2002, 07:42 PM
Zam Wessell was over-hyped and under-used.
Yeah, Boba was annoying: "Dad? Taun We's here." "Get 'em, dad! Blast 'em!" "Yeah!" :frus:
Some of the one-liners were groaners.

MikeAndTheBots
05-20-2002, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Darth Ovori
Boba Fett... Hated the kids apperance, his voice, his acting, his lines, his laugh and that damn hairstyle...
Better than Jake Llyod. I'm still bitter.

notafinga
05-21-2002, 03:15 AM
"You'll always be that little boy I knew on Tattoine"

... ummm.... the boy who won your ticket off of that planet and was instrumental in saving yours?

hango fett
05-21-2002, 07:16 AM
i didn't like how they did the yoda fight. don't get me wrong but it was WAY to short. about 1 minute in time. make it about 5 minutes so we can all be happy!

icatch9
05-21-2002, 10:08 AM
Give young Boba a break, he's just a kid. I mean the actor. Plus, he didn't have much to say, so you can't expect Oscar calabir performance from him. It's not like the OT Boba Fett had great acting abilities either. He said something like 3 sentances in all the movies. I don't even thing he said anything in ROTJ other than that scream when he fell into the Sarlacc. So give the kid a break, he did his job well.

Pendo
05-21-2002, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by DarthSetnom
Yoda is not a puppet anymore, but a CGI character... I mean I thought GL was so proud of how he was the best puppet ever made and all that. Even Samuel L Jackson said he love "working with Yoda" in Ep1. What's next, Jedi Shrek? Then he comes up with "you can hardly distinguish it's not a puppet"... I mean yeah sure if you were blind! The pupet was essential to me. I know some people may not share my feelings here but being a fan of the classic trilogy, i feel this new Yoda is sort of... cold, empty... it's just not him.

I agree with you on that. I hated the CGI Yoda!!! Because we are used to seeing Yoda as the puppet in episodes 1, 5 and 6 we asociate that with what Yoda (and his species) looks like. So when the CGI Yoda comes on the screen in episode 2, it looks nothing like what he should. True, the movement and look is more realistic but it just isn't Yoda!

Another thing I disliked about AOTC was the C-3PO and Battle Droid heads confusion thing...What was the point? I admit that when it first happened it was comical but then it just gets anoying. Then when you see the scene again you realise that it's more like something that happens in a cartoon - 3PO's head just happened to land where the battle droid's head was, and 3PO's body coincidently walked over to where a battle droid body is, then stands still for about 5 seconds.
I also hate the CG 3PO when it is more flexible. It's not that it looks unrealistic, it's more of the fact that it's actually holding onto the edge. We KNOW that 3PO would never be able to hold on like that, not with them hands.

I also disliked the CG Anakin when riding the Shaak.

I think I'll shut up now before I change my opinion on the film...

PENDO!

jjreason
05-21-2002, 12:32 PM
I wasn't really happy with the love stuff either, but having read the book first I found it significantly shortened in the film. A very good thing. This part of the movie had to be in there. Not all of us would want everyone watching our first intimate moments with our spouses either, I remember that being an akward time. It was pretty accurately represented in the movie - but not as fun to watch as a battle or chase. That's why people are chastising it now.
Yoda's fight and Ani's acting are up for interpretation. Having studied martial arts for a number of years now, Im happy they've started making peoples' styles a little different and unique. I personally would have thought Yoda would have been a little more stationary, deflecting any and all of Dooku's advances with little difficulty and then defeating him by attacking with lightsaber and flying articles a la Vader in ESB to the point where Dooku couldnt' keep up. I think that would have suited him better. Now we know that the little green bugger has been playing possum! The nexu's out of the bag.....

brentfett
05-21-2002, 02:06 PM
Yeah, Anakin riding the Shaak was pretty bad looking. I thought I was watching The Golden Voyage of Sinbad for a second there....

DarthSetnom
05-22-2002, 12:54 AM
sorry it took this long, but Jar Jar, I think one of the reasons why Vader just stood there was because it would have been too complicated to perform a fight scene with props flying around.

And also, Vader is just beins cool, he does not need to make any unnecessary efforts, he is kicking some Luke Skywalker butt and loving it, so there's no need to hurry.

Jargo
05-22-2002, 03:18 PM
The edit on this movie is all over the place. Missing scenes are just cut out with no segue into the following scenes, it simply cuts straight there and seems blunt and crude and unfinished.
The music suffers from the cuts with musical cues hacked to pieces like the first kiss music just fading away so suddenly. That's not an end cue but a fudged attempt to cover something missing when John Williams' score was too long. Bad bad bad.
C-3PO was annoying in the extreme from the start. His dialogue was tetchy and too modern in delivery. 3PO should sound like an old school butler. What the hell was Anthony Daniels playing at? He forgot how to do the voice how to walk and then when he became digital 3PO I winced. His dialogue was cheap humour and not in the slightest bit funny. How convenient that R2 just happened to know where the control interface was to turn the molten metal pouring device off. Wh the hell did R2 push him off the ledge anyway? There was no point to it other than to make a cheap joke. Then he goes all cartoony and flips around like Goofy and just wanders into place on the conveyor belt in time to get a battle droid head and make some more unfunny remarks in the arena. There was absolutely no reason for 3PO to be on the journey at all because Lucas cut the exposition about how 3PO came to be in Anakin's posession. And how come Anakin got to keep 3PO when it's forbidden for a Jedi to own anything? Why the hell was 3PO with Anakin and Padme and R2? Why was R2 there with Padme and Anakin? What would peasants be doing with an astro droid anyway? How did having R2 go with them to Naboo help matters?
Anakin's scenes of emotion were just plonked in there as showcases of Hayden's emoting prowess. I kept thinking, Ah now we get another acting piece and then we cut back to action and then we get another boring bit and then we get another acting piece with Hayden. The dialogue throughout the movie stank as usual. Mace had some stinky lines, Yoda sounded more and more like Fozzy bear and his facial expressions looked stolen from Sam Jackson in episode one.
Jocasta Nu. What the hell was the point of her? She delivered her lines like she had to be somewhere else in a hurry. Nice Jedi costume but stinky performance.
Dexter seemed a little too pally to me. The voice didn't match the character. The scene seemed rushed.
Zam, crap bounty hunter. The only thing she got right was hitting the assasin droid with her rifle to knock Obi off.
Jango was better than I thought but seemed too like someone playing a video game in Slave-1. His fight with Obi on Kamno was great when he wasn't jetting off like a big wuss to hide behind the towers. His fight in the arena was pathetic. mace just sliced his head off without even a hint of a battle. big pathetic waste of time useless bounty hunter just like all the rest.
Boba was ****! his accent was so thick I could hardly tell that he said Taun wee. His laughter was badly fake. The only time I liked him was when he didn't say anything and watched Jango get beheaded then alone in the arena holding the helmet.
The Jedi looked really bad miming the deflections that ILM added in sloppily. I just didn't get any sense of the Jedi doing anything other than wave laser swords around aimlessly in the vain hope that they might deflect something. No sense of great skills at fighting at all. Sam jackson didn't really impress me like he claimed he would in interviews.
live actors interacting with CGI was terribly done. The Shaak riding and all the Reek and Orray riding was awful. That's ILM's fault not the actors. ILM made it look fake and sloppy and cartoony. Thae beasts were great but the getting onto and off the beasts was dire. Padme jumping twenty feet and landing on the Reek was bad but Padme getting on the Orray was worse. Worse still was Padme getting knocked off the Orray and defying gravity as she fell.
Loved the Acklay and the Reek but the Nexu was animated in such a way that it looked like it was floating above the ground in the same way that Jar Jar walks above the ground and never connects with it.
Speaking of which it annoyeed ne how Obi and Anakin looked above JJB's eyeline when they spoke to him.
Dooku's double was obvious in the hangar duel with Chris Lee's face pasted onto the double. The shadoww fight with the neon tubes all in close up was dreadful and just showed how uncreatively Lucas got round the fact that Chris Lee is too old for the stunt fighting. he tried to make it seem intense and show it all on their faces but it looked amateur. he'sd have done better to film the fight scenes from multiple angles and increase the footage length by splicing alternate angles into the fight at random points to make it look like a better fight.
The Yoda fight wasn't as bad as I thought it might be but then Yoda moved too fast to really see anything he did clearly. I know he did the cossack jump that maul did in TPM a couple of times, He bounced off the walls and grunted. Not terribly impressive really but then not terrible either.
How in God's name did Padme know where Dooku was headed to when she commanded the clonetrooper to get a ship because they had to reach the hangar? She fell out of the gunship and rolled down a dune so she couldn't see where the jedi went after Dooku. Dooku flew quite a way away from Padme before turning a corner and landing in his secret hangar. How the hell did Padme know where to go or what was where they went ?????
What was all that with Wat Tambor and the dial twiddling in the Geonosis conference room? It totally ruined the moment. Why did we not see the Geonosis control room before we did? It looked great and they should have used it more instead of using the conference room.
How come, Yoda gets the clones to Geonosis so soon? Where did the huge ships come from? where did the arsenal of AT-TE's and command pods come from? How did Mace and all those Jedi get there?

There's more but I need to stop now before you think i hate the movie completely. I don't hate it I just feel disappointed that so much was left unfinished because of such a terrible edit. Lucas killed the movie again. He's gotta stop listening to his goon McCallum and step aside. let someone else direct. Stick to the technical side George and let someone who knows how to direct do the final mountain of emotion episode. You dropped the ball on this one matey. Looks pretty but that's only the wrapper. The content is lousy.

DarthBrandon
05-22-2002, 03:40 PM
Look I will say this again this is a fantasy movie, and I loved every minute of it, sure there are always going to be things that P.O. some people, but the bottom line is that if it wasn't for George then we would not have all this to enjoy and watch over and over again. I don't know Emperor Jargo, I think maybe we are all getting too old to watch these movies, cause when we were kids we would never dream of cutting up these movies like we do. Bottom line is that he makes these movies to appeal to a much younger group of people than us older folks. It's a grown up cartoon for gods sake ! Anyways I'd had better stop before I say something stupid. I also found flaws, but if you look at the movie from a ( KIDS ) point of view and not as an adult you see the difference. Anyhu I said what I had to say, good luck at all the
bashing going on even though it really doesn't matter what you or I think cause George will always have the final say in how he does his movies.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-22-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
The edit on this movie is all over the place. Missing scenes are just cut out with no segue into the following scenes, it simply cuts straight there and seems blunt and crude and unfinished.
The music suffers from the cuts with musical cues hacked to pieces like the first kiss music just fading away so suddenly. That's not an end cue but a fudged attempt to cover something missing when John Williams' score was too long. Bad bad bad.

Sorry Jargo, I couldn't read your whole post cause there's only 24 hrs. in the day ;) but I have to say a loud AMEN to this first part. I thought the first half was poorly edited with the scene changes too fast. It seemed like GLu was taking cues from the Jerry Bruckheimer school of movie making. Even though the dialogue was shoddy, the movie would have been vastly improved with decent editing, giving it a smoother feel.

Darth Ovori
05-22-2002, 04:04 PM
O.K. then, the casting and directing of the kid was awfull...

Jargo
05-22-2002, 07:45 PM
Actually, I went into the movie to watch it like a twelve year old kid and be wowed but In that state of mind I just got totally confused by the choppy plot and lack of cohesion. Sure it was big and brash and colorful but I didn't have the faintest cue what was going on. And the love thing sucked.

Then I tried to refocus my mind to take a real look at the movie made for twelve year olds and that's what i based my last post on.

I'm coming back to this tomorrow cuz it's bedtime now and I need my sleep. Expect more of the same though. :)

notafinga
05-22-2002, 09:18 PM
Man, Jargo, you're just mean. Mean.:mad: Mean.:mad: Mean.:mad:

Did anyone else feel that the movie's action played out like a damn video game?

Face it boyos, Lucas ain't got much better. True, I am among the many who believe GL should surrender the reigns to someone with a little more skill and ability to move the story along at a more compelling pace, but.... it ain't happening.

AOTC at least deserves recognition for being better than TPM, & if you just ignore the swiss cheese style continuem and horrifying elements such as the 3PO head swap and the beast riding, using your imagination to fill the gaps, it'll bring you to a much more enjoyable place.

And perhaps.... just perhaps....you may one day open your eyes ...
"
and AOTC will replace ROTJ's spot upon your mantle, and somewhere in the faint distance, a child's delighted giggle will bring you home.

Amen.

Seriously, though, this film was alot better than ROTJ.
C'mon, Jargo, ya wanna ***** about crappy animation (as do I), look no further than the Rancor or the running Taun-Tauns in Empire.

To stay on topic, It bothers me how eeeeveeryyything Yoda says nowadays is in that chopped up backwards speach.
"Begun, The Clone War has." For a little more impact (especially in the movie trailer), he could have said this normally.
example from Empire:
"No, there is another", not "No, another there is"_

chewie
05-22-2002, 11:01 PM
In a previous thread I attempted to explain to myself and point out how Padme could possibly love Anakin. Then I thought about her character from E1. There is just no way that Padme willingly would fall for an angry whiny guy who slaughtered a large amount of semi-humanoid creatures. There has to be a jedi mind trick on the poor girl.

Darth Sinister
05-23-2002, 01:04 AM
LOL!!!!! Amazing, simply amazing!!!!!!!!

I'm sure since they've been secretly creating clones for 10 YEARS...they probably created a pretty good arsenal for them to fight with. War was there purpose.

Showing the Jedi getting into a spacecraft and taking off would have totally ruined the effect of them showing up in mass.

Now that you mentioned it.....I went to see it again the other night and I noticed one of the extras way in the back not acting to his full potential. Man that ticks me off....LOL!!!!!

I can't believe they don't ever show them peeing on screen....you know they have too. Maybe jedi can meditate and hold it back better. Who knows....I want answers..geesh!

Seriously, there were some things that I didn't really care for like the 3P0 cheese and jango's quick death but come on....please. I guess I'm glad I'm still a kid at heart....come with me, try it. Life is so much more laid back and enjoyable that way.

Eternal Padawan
05-23-2002, 01:22 AM
The WORST thing about AOTC:

Cleigg Lars saying good-bye to his wife instead of the end of the "I killed them all " scene. Who cares if you miss your wife you old coot. We, the audience, just met you four minutes ago and you had two lines. I would much rather see a scene play out between the two of the most pivotal characters in the trilogy (and the saga) than an unecessary eulogy delivered by you. You are officially the "Jira" of Episode II for me.

jedihunter25
05-23-2002, 02:44 AM
The only thing that bothers me is C3PO at Lar's homestead. I know that droid's memory can be erased, but not Owen and Beru. He was obveiously there for maybe a few years, and he even called Owen "master Owen". It just doesn't adds up when Owen buys him with the same name/number in ANH and doesn't reconize him.

Eternal Padawan
05-23-2002, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by jedihunter25
The only thing that bothers me is C3PO at Lar's homestead. I know that droid's memory can be erased, but not Owen and Beru. He was obveiously there for maybe a few years, and he even called Owen "master Owen". It just doesn't adds up when Owen buys him with the same name/number in ANH and doesn't reconize him.

Droids are tools in the SW galaxy. Like a toaster or a lawnmower. No one develops bonding relationships to their lawnmower and would think "Hey! This is the same lawnmower we had twenty years ago , except it's gold plated now!" Protocol droids that sould like Anthony Daniels are probably pretty common in the SW galaxy. Cybot Galactica "in a crazy scheme to make money" probably manufactured more than one...:rolleyes:

The real question is if Anakin programmed 3PO to know 6 million forms of communication, does that mean Anakin is fluent in 6 million forms, too?

Beast
05-23-2002, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
The real question is if Anakin programmed 3PO to know 6 million forms of communication, does that mean Anakin is fluent in 6 million forms, too?
Anakin didn't build C-3PO totally from scratch, he used spare parts from old junked droids that he rebuilt. He most likely just rebuilt an old Cybot Galactica droid brain, and it was already programmed with 6 million forms of communication. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
05-23-2002, 06:16 AM
People have a problem with me having a problem with a movie? How odd.

I said I didn't hate it. I enjoyed the movie as far as modern movies go. I just wanted to note down my thoughts while I had them fresh. This is a thread for dislikes not likes. One thing that struck me today is how things just happen. No warm up, they just happen. Like the battle at the end. The droids just spill out without any kind of command signal from Dooku that we can see. The Jedi battle them and then after the clonetroopers rescue the bunch the droids are just gone. Next thing there's millions of them racing across a plateau to battle the clones. It would have been nice to see the Geonosian control room with Poggle and Dooku giving the command to send in the droids. I just felt that the movie was empty of 'moments'. I'm hard pushed to remember anything specific about the movie. It was just a big blur of action and not much else besides Hayden's emoting showcase scenes.
I was impresed with one scene that I wasn't expecting - Yoda standing there watching JarJar address the senate was great. Mace walks into the scene and we get to see the outsideof the royunda and then we see the senate from the pod entrance with Mace and Yoda just hanging around there. That was a nice touch.
Sadly there wasn't more of that.
Natalie only came alive for me when I saw here emote in the execution cart. Her acting was spotty to say the least and she did that vacant staring thing again throughout most of the movie. Whenever she has no lines she just stares like a china doll with no expression and no emotion at all. You never get any sense of a superior intellect in that head of hers like we're supposed to believe with Padme. There's nothing in the eyes.
She had some fine moments of life during the movie but just not terribly convincing. Which is a shame because it was clear that in the scenes where she does come alive she can act.
Did someone say that there's a further hour or so of footage to this movie that was trimmed off? Obviously that's where all the human emotion went. Where all the dialogue that made sense went, where all the scenes that link everything together went.
My partner and I sat together watching the movie and both had the same thoughts about it all. My partner is just a moviegoer not a fan in any way. I expected that I would dissect the movie into likes and dislikes but I didn't think my partner wuld agree and offer up a critique too. If a non fan thinks the same way then something isn't right.

Eternal Padawan
05-23-2002, 10:56 AM
The "moment" I missed was when Anakin blocks Dooku's killing blow of Obi Wan. In the book his blade flashes to life right before Dooku does the deed. There is no forewarning the Ani has even recovered. I thought "Man. That's gonna be a cool beat in the action." But instead they put in the silly CGI Anakin jumping (and bending his body the way no person has a right to) to block the shot. I was a wee letdown right there.

notafinga
05-23-2002, 08:11 PM
Oh, Jargo...

You'll always be that little boy I knew in the 'Other' Cards Trading Section!
:happy:

SuperBattleDroid88
05-23-2002, 08:18 PM
The lightsaber battles were TOO short!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SuperBattleDroid88
05-23-2002, 08:19 PM
:frus:

Jargo
05-24-2002, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by notafinga
Oh, Jargo...

You'll always be that little boy I knew in the 'Other' Cards Trading Section!
:happy:

notafinga, I just nearly wet myself laughing :D hehehe :evil:

derek
05-25-2002, 10:08 AM
wait a minute, jargo and i both were kinda disapointed with episode 2 and both of us think natalie can act?
:confused:

Jargo
05-25-2002, 01:39 PM
Let's not go there. Jargo, Grand Moff Jargo and I are all agreed that this film is a disappointment on various levels. We don't need a fourth persona confusing the issue thank you. ;)

We are Jargo, we are legion. You will be dessicated...... :crazed:

Dooku Fett
05-25-2002, 11:14 PM
Biggest upset:
Jar Jar's in the movie.

Dar' Argol
05-26-2002, 04:59 PM
Most of the stuff I see being complained about in here (not that you do not have the right) is explained in the book. Cleigg Lars has a much bigger part in the book, the love intrest on Padme's part is explained when they visit her family, the Jango and Yoda fights are much longer. If it was filmed how it was written it would be over 4hrs long. Not that most of use would mind that but I don't think its feasable.

The things I have problems with is the fact that they cut out some very important scenes. Like the "Lost Twenty" speach which would have explained Dooku's character a little more. And the Padme family visit which would have made the intrest and first kiss make more sense! Oh well, its done, and thee is nothing we can do but complain :rolleyes: he he he.

I do hope that a lot of the scenes that were cut end up on the DVD though, and made so you could stick them back into the movie. That would end my complaining.

Buffer72
05-26-2002, 05:27 PM
I finally got to see this movie last night. (I am a bit slow) And- first of all- I loved the movie.

My biggest complaint was-- this was obviously a 3 hour+ movie which was reduced down to 2hours 20 minutes. There was simply too much movie there for it to be otherwise. Sure, some of the CGI scenes looked bad. The scene with Yoda fighting was... well.. it was good but funny at the same time. Him spinning like Jet Li just was a bit strange. I think I would have liked it more if Yoda had just stood there and blocked every single shot Dooku threw his way- but the dancing and flipping- just seemed a bit much. Go ahead and show the WHOLE movie. Who cares if it lasts 3 hours!!! People want to know what the hell is going on.

My second biggest complaint--- The lightsaver scenes were WAY TOO short! Remember ESB where the Vader/Luke saber duel seemed to last 20 minutes? The best lightsaber duel in the movie- Dooku/Obiwan/Anakin/Yoda- lasted less than 5 minutes. And that was with FOUR people. I was a bit disappointed in that.

I am probably a bit of an oddball but I thought Hayden Christiansen played Anakin PERFECTLY. The tusken raider scene and his subsequent confession to Padme were absolutely perfect.

I loved the movie-- looking forward to going to see it again soon.