PDA

View Full Version : New Battle Droids...

Lman316
05-20-2002, 04:48 PM
I'd really like some new battle droids here - and I'm not even talking about re-making them with better plastic and heads that will actually stay on (no, that's for another time :) ).
But what I would like are just normal, non-sliced or slashed battle droids that can hold their weapons with both hands.
When I first saw the battle droids for AOTC, I said, "Well, I can just buy some of these for my Episode 1 displays. They seem like they'll be okay." But what I found out was that they've got slash marks on them and the color isn't really right for EP1 anyway.
So, Hasbro, make us some more army builders. Just normal, clean battle droids that can hold their blasters with both hands.
That's all I ask....and well, maybe a Sith Infiltrator...and a new Millenium Falcon....and a new, better Jedi Luke....and an Ultimate Vader.....and......:D

Beast
05-20-2002, 04:58 PM
Lman316, you have a variety of choices for Battle Droids to use in your E1 dioramas. The AOTC's one is perfect, is the more correct cream color, and what are a few slashes? If they really bother ya, get some paint and repaint over them. Though, if you want them more white, the best E1 type of Battle Droid, is the Boomer Damage Battle Droid. And he does hold his gun with both hands. That one, after you take off the boomer damage is about what you are asking for. :D

A new OOM-9 is definatly in order though, as there hasn't been a good version of that one produced. As well as Pilot Battle droids, since they appear in both E1 and AOTC's, lets hope they see production sooner or later. They can even make collector's happy, by doing a running change on the Command droid, cream colored for E1, and Red/Brown for E2. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lman316
05-20-2002, 05:06 PM
Yeah, the OOM-9 was bad. I could never get him to stand, not on a bet, so I just have him "dead" hanging over the railing on my Theed Hanger playset.
I guess I could just paint over the slashes, but I've always been a little weary of that. I guess I figure that if I do it, it'll look like crap, so I just wait until Hasbro can make a new one. That happened with Endor Han. I was going to take the POTF2 version (of the regular Han - because I wanted an Endor Han w/o the coat) and paint the pants brown. But Hasbro made a new one for me. So, I guess I thought I could get lucky twice in a row :D.

DarthMaulSithLord
05-21-2002, 05:11 PM
I also want a new Battle Droid, but it better be able to "fold".

:)

187-Maul
05-22-2002, 08:50 AM
I definetly need some more BD's for my E1 hangar diorama
oesn't mater if they have slices or not as long as they stand on their own it's fine
I would die to see some boomer damage or security droids in my toysrus for clearance
but some new ones would have more chance to be released in europe too (I want the E2 droid too!)

chenlembec
05-22-2002, 11:48 PM
nail polish remover will take off the slash marks. I would suggest trying non-acetone nail polish remover with a q-tip and it will wipe the slashes away.

DarthMaulSithLord
05-23-2002, 07:29 PM
Some of that crap is really aggressive and could burn right though the plastic.

MichaelV103
05-23-2002, 09:35 PM
I dont know about battle droids, but I would love to see a new destroyer droid (Droidekas). Something with thier energy shields would be awesome!

Beast
05-23-2002, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by MichaelV103
I dont know about battle droids, but I would love to see a new destroyer droid (Droidekas). Something with thier energy shields would be awesome!
There is supposed to be a Deluxe Destroyer Droid coming this year, what exactly it will do is anyones guess at the moment. Hopefully they use the mold from the Jar Jar vs. Destroyer Droid 2-pack that was cancelled. It was the only one so far that actually had the eyes extended on it. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

187-Maul
05-24-2002, 08:42 AM
When is the deluxe droideka due to be out? July? I too hope it'll be the one from the 2-pack so we finally have some good looking droideka (the old ones look cool too but not like in the movie)

Beast
05-24-2002, 09:45 AM
Probably August/September 187-Maul. The July Deluxe figures are C-3PO and Battle Droid, and Yoda. I find it weird we haven't seen pictures of the Yoda set yet. Though the base and pillar have appeared in a picture or two. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthMaulSithLord
05-24-2002, 06:01 PM
I hope they don't include another Anakin with that Droideka. Hasbro should just make it a standalone figure packed with accessories:

- Electronic "wheel" and laser sounds.
- 15 points of articulation.
- Converts to wheel mode.
- Shield Globe included.
- 8 different blast effects to snap on lasers.
- 4 different laser deflect effects (can attach to body of droid or shield).

This would definately rule! I'd gladly buy 4 of these!