PDA

View Full Version : Lucas revealed too much.

scruffziller
05-20-2002, 06:07 PM
It seemed to me that (even though we were thoroughly enjoying it when we watched them) the trailers showed the many high points of the movie and somewhat ruined it when we watched it and didn't seem like there was much inbetween those trailer scenes,because it seemed that the suprise element was taken away. Because I watched the heck out of the trailers. I think we pressure Lucas too much, we should stop for our own good.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-20-2002, 06:45 PM
I kind of agree with you. I was surprised that we got 4 trailers. We only had to wait 3 years for this one and 16 for EP1 and we only got 2 for that one. IMO, if he just would have put out the Breathless and either the Clone War or the Mystery one I would have been satisfied. But if that's how he wants to market it...:rolleyes:

2-1B
05-21-2002, 01:30 AM
I hate it when they cut scenes that were originally shown in the trailer.

Jargo
05-21-2002, 08:48 AM
Lucas was teaching the fanboys a lesson methinks. So many people leaking information and pictures that he decided that if that's what people want - to be spoiled, then he would go ahead and spoil it for them. I don't think you can expect the same amount of material to show up for episode three. Security will be tighter than a nuns wotsit on that movie. Actually a lot of the leaked information on AOTC seems to have come from LFL themselves. To hype the movie and try to get more people interested after the disaster of TPM. Showing all the arena and Kamino battles is a way of piqueing people's interest. Having Chris Lee involved was another surefire way to get fans interested. Having Natalie wear revealing outfits is another.
Lucasfilm was desperate for this movie to be a success, they tried every cheap ploy in the book.

Episode three will either be exactly the same or worse, or just a dark void of nothing for three years. I'm hoping it's the latter. I want to be surprised by the events of episode three and not have had it all laid out before me in the preceding years. I don't want to see any pictures until two months before the movie opens. And then I only want to see non costumed pics of the stars and the rest of the cast. I don't want to know what the opening scroll is until I see the movie. I don't want to see any trailers, or selct pics or interviews with the designers illustrated with pics from the set. In fact I don't want to know a damn thing until I sit my arse down in the cinema to watch the movie.

I'll be disconnecting my internet connection the day I hear they start filming episode three.

yeah right..... :rolleyes: