PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see Hasbro's ACTION FIGURE THEATER? New A New Hope!!! It's AWESOME!

Tycho
05-20-2002, 05:52 PM
I recommend everyone watch A New Hope recreated with your favorite action figures!

It blows away what they did for TPM!

ANH in 2 minutes! It's got the music and sound effects and everything! So cool!

MikeAndTheBots
05-20-2002, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
I recommend everyone watch A New Hope recreated with your favorite action figures!

It blows away what they did for TPM!

ANH in 2 minutes! It's got the music and sound effects and everything! So cool!
And where would I find this?

Beast
05-20-2002, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by MikeAndTheBots
And where would I find this?
Try the Hasbro Star Wars Website. There is a link to the Action Figure Theater on the main page. I'm getting ready to watch it now. Sadly you can't download it. But here is a direct link to the Action Figure Theater: http://starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/afiguretheater.cfm

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
05-20-2002, 07:04 PM
http://starwars.hasbro.com/

Click in the menus and choose Action Figure Theater.

There's even a scene with The Mouse Droid - but that's not the only reason I like it!

This is too awesome and makes me want to watch ANH again!

Let me know if you like it!

Amanamike
05-20-2002, 07:44 PM
I watched it this morning and was quite impressed by it. That is by far the best action figure sequence yet ...........damn I just found out my wife spilled coffee on my keyboard and now my numbers dont work

Rogue II
05-20-2002, 08:26 PM
That was WAY better than the Episode 1 they did. Interesting mixture of vintage and new figures. I was impressed with the number of characters they had in the cantina.

Anamanamike, a while back, a bunch of keys on my keyboard stopped working. I asked my wife if she spilled anything on it. She said "No." I asked again if she maybe dropped something on it. "Well, maybe...":rolleyes:

Forhekset
05-20-2002, 08:36 PM
Actually you can download it, if you're crafty like me :)

Here are the links:

Part 1: http://starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/aft/anh_pt1.mov

Part 2: http://starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/aft/anh_pt2.mov

It helps to use a program like GetRight, but you should just be able to right-click on my links and choose "Save As".

I thought the cantina scene was especially well done....

CooLJoE
05-20-2002, 11:29 PM
Or if you have Quicktime Pro you can just right click them and select "Save as Quicktime Movie".

That option is grayed out on non-pro versions.

Darth Yambag
05-20-2002, 11:35 PM
Brilliant, love the lightsaber illumination. Where is greedo NOT shooting first. Guess they didn't want to touch that one because Jorg Sacul would get upset, yet they knew it was a bad bad change.

Tycho
05-21-2002, 12:39 AM
Yes, I thought the cantina could've introduced Bo Shek and Han Solo about the same time. So the Greedo confrontation is a classic part of ANH.

But controversial or not, there was no reason (save for time) to not do Dr. Evazan and Ponda Baba messing with Luke and learning not to mess with Obi-Wan!

Other than that, it was awesome!

Hope they leave it up when they decide to do Empire, Return, something better for Phantom, and something new for Clones.

Can they do Clones yet? I think they got all the figures, but the bar scene will be a bit week unless they use Jabba's Dancers.

The could use pilot Padme before we even have her, (though I think making these takes a lot of time, so I wouldn't even expect Empire to come out too soon), and I also think Clones will have to wait until they make more of Padme's different outfits, maybe the Lars family, definitely an Obi-Wan for the rain battle. Otherwise, they could almost do it now. Oh - the Separatists could be made unless they want to use the old figure of Nute for the time being. But they have to do Poggle the Lesser. But darn, the Arena sequence could be awesome with their playset they have coming out!

But I think they will do Empire next! What should they do (to keep it short) ?

Probe Droid

Wampa / TaunTaun scene (can't do the belly slit unless they dig out Kenner's TaunTaun)

Probe Droid scene definitely...

Battle of Hoth would be awesome!
*cool that they showed all the Rebel pilots in ANH. For Hoth we have Wedge and Dak, and they could use the Y-wing pilot as Janson*

Asteroids would go OK - especially with a TIE Bomber now!

Mynock Hunt - check!

Dagobah will have to use the Kenner playset, or they will know they got to make it from scratch.

For Cloud City - I hope they don't use THEIR Freezing Chamber. Making it yourself it comes out so much better!

The Duel and Bespin Escape is pretty easy to make after we saw what they could do with the Death Star and Tantive IV.

Then the ship chase is fine - Ooops. It will require a custom Luke and Leia at the end, and THEY NEED TO MAKE LANDO!

Also, lack of Cloud Cars. "Cloned" Bespin Guards unless they use Kenner's.

But it will be cool to see Captain Piett in one of these movies. I was always so glad they made a figure of him.

Wasn't it great watching Tarkin and Motti in this one?

Ozzel and Needa are still lacking - AS IS REIKEEN - how could I miss that? (darn $#@&~!!! concept Sketchtrooper fans!!!)

But we have Bacta Luke and FX-7 now, and so on.

I could almost care less about Needa and Ozzel. They need Jerjerrod from ROTJ (not for this obviously) but they need a great, carded General Veers with a lot of Hoth accessories!

They should make the movie music go with Vader's theme and the upward tempo of Yoda's that they used on Cloud City. 2 themes at least for Empire! Yeah, if Hasbro made another action figure theater movie, it would rock!

And see "Lame-Os" why diorama builders wanted Reikeen's figure and not the sketchtrooper? $#$@!!! Jerks.....!!!!

(just a little grumpy here, but don't take it too personally) ;)

QLD
05-21-2002, 02:02 AM
I thought it was AWESOME BABY!!!!!!!!!

sunblind
05-21-2002, 08:55 AM
Does anyone have that saved that could send it to this thread? I can't save it from where its at now. Because of my work's firewall.

DarkArtist
06-02-2002, 09:27 AM
Just watched it now, Hope they do the same for the other movies as well. Especially ESB.

Jason B
06-02-2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Amanamike
I watched it this morning and was quite impressed by it. That is by far the best action figure sequence yet ...........damn I just found out my wife spilled coffee on my keyboard and now my numbers dont work

believe it or not, you can actually take a knife and pry the keys off. jute push another key down, set the knife on top of it, and put it under the ones you want to take out. then, just gently pry the key out.

Sidiously Darth
06-02-2002, 12:06 PM
I have to agree, that was awesome!!!

Forhekset, thanks for the links!:D

Sidiously Darth
06-02-2002, 12:11 PM
If you pause the scene where the Stormtroopers invade Tantive IV, you can see one of the fleet troopers sitting in the back drinking coffee, I think. You be the judge.

Here's a still:

derek
06-02-2002, 12:11 PM
that was too cool! but it's knd of wierd when hasbro's episode 4 has better saber effects than george's version.:confused:

Exhaust Port
06-02-2002, 01:01 PM
That was really fun to watch. So someone at Hasbro had the job of making those movies? Where do I sign up? :)