PDA

View Full Version : New Scences in DVD

VeryLaZ
05-20-2002, 07:16 PM
Who hopes they really do put in added scences to the classic trilogy when it comes out on DVD, contrary to what George Lucas said. If so, what would youl like to see?

I personally would like to see Boba Fett escaping from the sarlac pit somehow......

Vortex
05-20-2002, 07:21 PM
Its a hard call. There's so much filler in the Novels, creative ideas from the authors with the help of george...its a hard call.

I do wish they had something set up in the menue where you could select which version you wanted to watch. Like original theater release...special edition...full length w/ cut scenes...film prior to editing...stuff like that. Where we had a option as to what version we wanted to watch.

Beast
05-20-2002, 07:26 PM
Lucas seems to waffle alot on the issue, latest thing he stated, sounded like he is doing them. He's just not ready to really talk about it, and it is a few years off.

Boba will never escape the Sarlaac Pit in the movies, Lucas has stated that Boba is dead in the movies. He killed the charecter, and doesn't accept most of the EU stuff.

Check these threads for more on the Archival Editions:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4990

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6840

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4802

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=340

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7046

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Pendo
05-21-2002, 12:18 PM
I hope they do add in new and deleted scenes into the DVD version, as long as the originals are not lost. Look what the Special Editions did (Gredo shooting first :eek: )... With even more scenes added it could make it even crapier. So I wouldn't mind the new scenes if the originals are not forgotten.

PENDO!

Taichi
05-21-2002, 12:48 PM
Boba Fett is dead, George said so, and to put his survival on the DVD would be wrong, because he died......

why would he survive?

he died, he was an evil character, and paid for his being evil....he deserved it, and got just what he deserved.....

and the way he died was perfect....he went out with a whimper, rather than a bang......

Rogue II
05-21-2002, 01:56 PM
I heard that there was a scene after Boba Fett took off from Bespin. IG-88 supposedly sneaks on board of Slave I and Boba Fett ends up taking him out. I wonder if we will ever see that.

bigbarada
05-21-2002, 02:08 PM
I'd like to see the comical elements of the Endor battle removed and have some newly shot footage of the Ewoks attacking in a much more vicious manner added in. With GL no longer worried about merchandising tie-ins with the Ewoks, it's time to take off the kid gloves and see how the Battle of Endor was really won.

MichaelV103
05-21-2002, 03:07 PM
I just really hope they come out on DVD soon, my vhs tapes are wearing from beeing watched so much. I'm not sure about deleted scenes for the others, but I did see pictures of some scenes that were deleted from Empire Strikes Back. They were in Star Wars Insider magazine, it was a 25th anniversary celebration of ESB. There apparentlyl was a scene where the Wompa ice creatures attacked the base, that would be cool to see.

CaptainSolo1138
05-23-2002, 10:15 AM
They could at least include the scenes of Luke in his big, floppy hat. I'd much rather see that than some made-up EU junk. If Fett lives, than I also want the scene where Tessek gets on a swoop right before Jabba's sail barge explodes. I also want the scene where the Tonnika sisters intercept the Death Star laser en route to the Imperials. How about showing IG-88 become the 2nd Death Star. See how dumb these ideas are?! Fett's return fits in the same "DUMB" catagory. EU makes for good reading and that's all!!

scruffziller
05-25-2002, 01:03 AM
I want to see the Imperial Guards try to fight Luke in ROTJ scene.

Pendo
05-27-2002, 02:47 PM
Looks like there will be a new scene in Return of the Jedi involving Padmé. Portman has signed up. Click here (http://www.theforce.net/holonet/index.html#16850).

What do you think her role will be? Probably a flash back when Leia is telling Luke what she remembers about her mother.

PENDO!

Battle Droid
05-27-2002, 09:23 PM
Yeah, I guess it has to be a flash back unless she'll have on lots of make up to make her look old.

derek
05-27-2002, 11:39 PM
this is wierd(padme in ROTJ), but hopefully it will fit.

if they are doing this, should lucas go back and add a battle scarred hayden as the vader revealed and anakin spirit? that would be kewl!:cool:

Beast
05-27-2002, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by derek
lucas go back and add a battle scarred hayden as the vader revealed and anakin spirit? that would be kewl!:cool:
I think you just gave a bunch of OT purist fans an anurism with that. Nah, leave Sebastian Shaw, he was cool. There is a whole 20 years betweeen EIII and EIV, and then another 5 or so before Jedi. Anakin could definatly look like Shaw by then. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

sith_killer_99
05-28-2002, 02:28 AM
The whole idea of putting Nat in the OT is enough to give ME an anurism.:mad:

Please FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!! George do NOT do this.

If you have ANY respect for the OT DO NOT put Nat in it! :eek:

She almost destroyed AOTC IMO!!! If not for Ewan's performance it would have been a nightmare.

This would be the wost idea EVER!:eek:

Yes, even worse than Greedo shooting first and even...dare I say it...worse than having N'SYNC in AOTC!

BTW, Taichi...tell us how you relly feel about Boba Fett dying in the Sarlacc Pit.

WOW, it does look like the only thing for SURE GL will leave in the OT is that Boba Fett dies in the Pit!

Everything else seems open to HIS new vision!

Interview with GL 2008...

"Well, after we went back and re-did the first film it was so much fun that we said, Well gee, we should go back and do all three.

Then I decided to make the next 3 movies. Well, I decided that we should re-work the Jar-Jar character so then we decided to re-work the second three films.

After that, I decided that I wanted some more continuity to the six films. Since I never considered that while filming the second three films, we decided to go back and re-re-do the first three films, that's when I came up with the idea for Luke's evil twin brother, and made them all triplets! This works better because there are 3 films in each series.

Well, then we had to make a few corrections to the second three films."

At some point a famous filmmaker said "A truely great film is never completed, it's only abandoned".

But not so for George, he just keeps editing, re-editing, re-making and on and on and on and on.........

Please George, I beg you, keep Nat out of the OT!!!

JEDIpartner
05-28-2002, 09:26 AM
I don't have a problem with Natalie Portman being in ROTJ as long as it is handled properly.

Starfig873
05-28-2002, 09:37 PM
Boba Fett's dead? Nooooo! :p :rolleyes:

As odd as I do feel about George adding such scenes to the classic trilogy, I can't help but agree it would bring all the films together. I can't for the life of me figure out why Padme' needs to be ROTJ, but I guess we'll find out...

It's just one of those things, I understand what he's trying to accomplish. I just hope he does it carefully, and makes sure not to destroy what he's created. Think of a house of cards I guess. If that makes sense. :)

bigbarada
05-28-2002, 11:58 PM
Woo-Hoo, GL is working on Indy 4!!!

Oh wait, I read the wrong article.:)

Adding Natalie to ROTJ doesn't really bother me one bit. I really wonder where she will be. Wouldn't it be funny if she was digitally inserted over Mon Mothma? Or stuck in the background with those other Rebel females in maternity outfits? Kind of ironic that Luke and Leia's mother is right in the same room with them and they never know. Kind of opens things up for a third trilogy to resolve that. Unless she does show up in a flashback (which George hasn't used yet, I don't know why he'd start now). Or unless that rumor is completely false. In which case..... nevermind.:D

BTW, Sith_Killer_99, for the record I think she did an excellent job of playing an aloof priviledged girl whose entire world is being turned upside down. She was never intended to be a Princess Leia clone in terms of mannerisms. There was nothing wrong with her acting IMO.

jjreason
05-29-2002, 02:59 AM
My only hope is that the original version can be accessed on the DVD's. Do whatevery you want to your latest version, add, subtract, manipulate, etc. but the untarnished first verions of all 3 movies are getting scarce, and need to be preserved on DVD. I don't watch my old tapes anymore for fear of them getting eaten in the VCR. It's always SE for me, and that's too bad.

Eternal Padawan
05-29-2002, 08:41 AM
She will be added as a "ghost-like" figure that comes to take Anakin away.

Pendo
05-29-2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
She will be added as a "ghost-like" figure that comes to take Anakin away.

Maybe you're close there Eternal Padawan. Maybe she will appear as a spirit along side Anakin, Obi-Wan and Yoda at the end.

Even if you need Jedi powers to become a spirit, there are hints all over the place (and a cut scene in Episode II) that suggest Padmé has force powers but was never trained as a Jedi.

PENDO!

El Chuxter
05-29-2002, 01:11 PM
I can't wait to see Padme in ROTJ! Maybe Carrot Top can replace Jabba and the footage of Han running from Stormtroopers can be inserted in the Cantina to show that Greedo not only shot first, but Han ran around like a girly.

Can't wait. Can't wait.

If Lucas doesn't change his mind about never issuing the Classic Trilogy and the Padme rumor turns out to be true, I think I'll toss my entire collection out the window and use my books and comics as toilet paper.