PDA

View Full Version : tragic events in the u.s.a.

darthlee
09-15-2001, 08:31 PM
hi,
i am from england in the u.k.and would like to offer my condolences to not only the familys of the victims of this outrage but to all you americans out there.
i work night shifts and was sleeping when my wife called me and told me to come to see the incidents unfolding on t.v. at 2.00 pm our time.i was horrified by what i saw i never actually saw the impacts as they were being beamed live, but i saw the suffering of many of your fellow citizens.my wife was crying her eyes out at what we were seeing and i an not ashamed to admit that i shed many tears aswell.
i have 2 small children and sometimes wonder what this world will be like when they are older,hopefully they will have the same
freedom as we have all had.my wife even said to me the other day that if this had happened before our children were born,that we wouldn,t of had any children because of the way the world was turning out.

hopefully your president(whom i have growing admiration for)and his allies will make this world a safer place where our children can have the freedom to grow up in a peaceful world.

so to all you at sirstevesguide and all other americans,keep those stars and stripes aloft and keep your held high as you have done so over the last few days.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

darthlee

bigbarada
09-15-2001, 08:54 PM
Thank you, for your concern and support. I've been very surprised and happy at the way the whole civilized world has rallied together in America's time of tragedy. It gives me a great level of faith in humanity!!

Rollo Tomassi
09-15-2001, 11:30 PM
Thank you darthlee. God bless the U.K. as well, for their children were in the building, too. I cannot help but wonder if there were any people of Arab descent or of the Muslim faith caight in the disaster and the bitter irony that they perished because of a harsh ruination of their faith by a few madmen...

2-1B
09-16-2001, 12:28 AM
Well stated Rollo - I am sure most faiths are represented in the victims. I am not a Muslim, but as a person of faith I nevertheless mourn the continual bastardization of a great religion (Islam) by terrorists who disguise their crimes in the appearance of religion.

TeeEye7
09-16-2001, 05:22 AM
darthlee:

Your thoughts are appreciated more than you can possibly realize!

I've been absolutey in awe over the concern expressed by the international community over this tragic event. The images of the changing of the guard playing the 'Star Spangled Banner' will forever remain with me. As will the dozens of citizens from Russia, France, Canada, the Netherlands....so many others to mention...laying flowers at make-shift memorials.

This occured here in the US, but the international community was attacked. People from all over the world and of all faiths lost their lives in the WTC. Not just Americans. I think that point gets lost all too easily in the media reports. I grieve for them all. Not just my countrymen.

The world must stand together and say 'enough!' to this evil.

GNT
09-16-2001, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by TeeEye7
This occured here in the US, but the international community was attacked. People from all over the world and of all faiths lost their lives in the WTC. Not just Americans. I think that point gets lost all too easily in the media reports. I grieve for them all. Not just my countrymen.

Not only the people in the WTC but also those aboard the Planes, It brings tears to my eyes :(

Many Australians died which makes me :mad:

Obi-Don
09-16-2001, 08:40 AM
Darthlee,Thank you.The people is the most heratbreaking aspect of this whole thing.Planes and buildings can be rebuilt but the lives lost[no words]

El Chuxter
09-17-2001, 11:18 AM
Thank you, darthlee. The show of support from around the globe is as uplifting as the attacks are devastating. I cried when I first saw the Changing of the Guard/Star-Spangled Banner, but for a completely different reason than last Tuesday. Perhaps one good thing will come out of this all--world peace.

Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
I cannot help but wonder if there were any people of Arab descent or of the Muslim faith caight in the disaster and the bitter irony that they perished because of a harsh ruination of their faith by a few madmen...

Yes. I saw on a local (LA) news broadcast last night that at least one of the passengers from Southern California was Muslim.