PDA

View Full Version : Plo Kloon

MikeAndTheBots
05-20-2002, 09:23 PM
Is the saga Plo Kloon any good? I'm thinking of buying him but I want to know if he's a statue or if he's a good buy.

Forhekset
05-20-2002, 09:27 PM
He's a statue, though he's not quite as much of one as say, Nikto. He pretty much can only stand up sort of raring back like he's caught in a gust of wind. I think he's cool though. Lots of people here seem to like the POTJ Plo Koon better, though. I don't have the POTJ Plo Koon so I can't say which I like more.

Darth Yambag
05-20-2002, 11:00 PM
I have both the Saga and POTJ and I believe Saga is much better. Great lightsaber sculpt (mace's ep 1 handle) and his arms articulate at the elbow. Lots of good poses. Much better that Nikto. One of the better figures. Plus, if you choose to, you can put his force lightning in Sidious hands. Go buy Plo, its 5.99. He' s better than Mace Geo rescue.

DarthBrandon
05-20-2002, 11:18 PM
I agree with Darth Yambag, Ive got both as well and I like my Saga one better.

Obi-Don
05-20-2002, 11:21 PM
He is good,but I like the other better. I would say buy him though.

yukface27
05-21-2002, 12:44 AM
My main quest in collecting EPII figs is to get all the Jedis. So far I got: Saesee Tinn, Luminara Unduli (is that the right spelling?), Plo Kloon, Shaaka Ti, and Kit Fisto. I'm waiting for a better Mace, Anakin, and Obi-Wan (even though I'll prbably buy the speeder chase Obi). I'm still looking for the Nikto Jedi.
I would have to say the Plo Kloon is one of the less "sculpture" figures. I mean, he's not super-posable, but he is a great figure. His force power attachment is one of the better ones, and his head sculpt is great. I would recommend picking him up.
My one complaint (mainly with the Jedis), is their lack of grip on their sabers. I know that if you leave the little bands around their hand the sabers will hold well, but it looks lame. I wish Hasbro would have made the hand grips a bit tighter on their figs.

sunblind
05-21-2002, 08:36 AM
The POTJ line has him with a Yellow Light saber I think. Why does he have a blue one for Episode 2? I thought they where expanding the idea of different colored sabers now. Well now that Mace got his purple one. .....hmmm...is he the only one who gets to be different?

Casual George
05-21-2002, 08:58 AM
The POTJ line has him with a Yellow Light saber I think. Why does he have a blue one for Episode 2? I thought they where expanding the idea of different colored sabers now. Well now that Mace got his purple one. .....hmmm...is he the only one who gets to be different?

George Lucas set the sabers colors to green and blue for the Jedi and red for the Sith. He made that official with this film. Mace got a purple saber because Sam Jackson asked George for it, he wanted to standout amongst the other Jedi.:cool:

Taichi
05-21-2002, 09:37 AM
Well, if you put it that way, it makes Sam Jackson sound like an arrogant jerk.....

he requested it, and George granted it.....

the Jedi Colors and the Sith Colors are NOT official.....Rick McCallum is the one who made the "Three Colors" rule, NOT George, who can change that at any time.......which he did.....

as for Plo Koon, I have the POTJ version, and while I like it, the robes kinda get in the way.....

I would get the Episode II version, AND the POTJ version, and decide for myself, if I were you......

Nataku
05-21-2002, 12:45 PM
I have both...

If you are looking for a Plo Koon to just stand with your Jedi Council, get the PotJ version.

If you don't mind the super-posed figures though, I'd go with the Saga version. I am a little partial to him because he can do more than just stand in the council and look good!

Nataku

jedi_uk73
05-21-2002, 12:51 PM
YUK!! the saga version is horrible. The POTJ version has a better head sculpt.

bigbarada
05-21-2002, 01:15 PM
I prefer the Saga version, he just looks much cooler while standing around. I also like the blue saber blade better since I was a little wary of the urine yellow blade on the POTJ figure.

pthfnder89
05-21-2002, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Taichi
Well, if you put it that way, it makes Sam Jackson sound like an arrogant jerk.....

he requested it, and George granted it.....

the Jedi Colors and the Sith Colors are NOT official.....Rick McCallum is the one who made the "Three Colors" rule, NOT George, who can change that at any time.......which he did.....

Actually it WAS George who settled on only three colors. You can actually see in one of the online docutmentaries on starwars.com, George Lucas is talking with Samuel L Jackson on the set, and explaining to him that good Jedi wield either green or blue lightsabers, and evil Jedi wield red, and that is simply the way he wants it. After that Jackson asks if maybe having a purple one would be possible and George says that's probably ok.

So it IS official, although, like you said he obviously is willing to bend the rules like he did for Jackson, so there is always the possiblility of certain Jedi having a different color. But unless Lucas decides to make an exception, then the only colors are the main three. :)

I think I like it like that. Having all sorts of colored lightsabers looks really cool, but I like the idea of the color being symbolic.

I like both versions of Plo, but I'm mostly using the POTJ version, as it's still one of my favorite figs. I just swapped out the lightsabers with my Saga figure. Plus, the idea of Plo and the other Jedi stripping off there outer robes to fight was apparently dropped or edited out, so for Arena dioramas, the POTJ version is actually the accurate one. His head and hands are MUCH more detailed as well.:)

mylow thehutt
05-21-2002, 02:22 PM
He is the best,#1

Darth Evil
05-21-2002, 02:26 PM
As much as I like the Saga one, I prefer the POTJ one because it is in a neutral pose and I like the yellow lightsaber.

MikeAndTheBots
05-21-2002, 02:45 PM
Thanks guys. Since I'm getting the POTJ one too I'll get both. Plo kicks *** :D