PDA

View Full Version : Figures you wish they'd do a resculpt of..list em here

BillyJAck
05-20-2002, 10:34 PM
I don't know if hasbro takes suggestions or anything like that but they badly need to do a resculpt of the following figures or need to make them in the first place

Han Solo Hoth gear(I want a rescuplt of this figure more than any other)
Luke Hoth Gear
Luke Jedi(from the final duel on the 2nd deathstar
Denger
4Lom
Zuckass
Bossk
Barada
More people from the skiffs
They need to do more hoth figure and ESB figure resculpts in my opinion

thats all i can think of now.. But I'd love a good looking Han Solo Hoth Gear with all the accessories for sure. What would you like to see?

BillyJAcK

DarthBrandon
05-20-2002, 11:15 PM
I think they need to make figures that represent the characters a little better other than twenty different Lukes, Hans etc. Maybe each figure should be done like (example Han with open holster for his gun, bendable arms, legs etc. Get the picture, ones that have good articulation, not ones that need to be retooled again and again. Hasbro should get it right the first time. That's just my opinion.

bigbarada
05-20-2002, 11:20 PM
I've posted tons of these lists before; but i will touch on the highlights again:

Han Hoth (his coat in the movie is clearly blue, why they keep making it brown is beyond me)
Luke Jedi (final duel version)
Vader Removable Helmet (can't list him enough, the POTF2 one was good but could be so much better)
Barada or Kithaba (if they don't think Barada is worth a rescupt)
Gamorrean Guard (less cartoonish, more accurate)
TIE Fighter Pilot (less heroically proportioned, more detailed and accurate, removable helmet would be a nice touch)
Wooof (still hasn't been resculpted from the vintage line)
Hoth Rebel Soldier (make more than one version like they are doing for the new Endor Rebel Soldier)
Han Stormtrooper
Luke Stormtrooper
Grand Moff Tarkin
ANH Chewie (correctly scaled, neutral pose, loads of articulation, slicked back hair, BOWCASTER!, Imperial Blaster rifle, binders)

Darth Yambag
05-20-2002, 11:26 PM
They need articulation like the old GI Joe figures. Knees that bend like the Red Clone Trooper and arms like Saesee Tinn with extra articulation. They can do it, they just don't

Hoth Han...and therefore Luke would be very good.
Anakin E2 with Cloak
ROTJ Lando falcon pilot and Jabba Disquise
Boush
TARKIN..electronic with "evacuate now...in our moment of Triumph" and then the sound of the Death star blowing up.
And Uncle Owen with blue milk accessory

HAK
05-20-2002, 11:27 PM
well personally i think all figures from now on should have articulation similar to the new clone trooper- a little posability never hurt anyone. also i really want to see a resculpt of luminara unduli- the one that is out is ok but they really screwed the face up from the early production example- the nose is WAY too big and i spot many of them with the diamond tatto on the side of her face- besides her though i havent noticed any gleaming candidates :)

Darth Yambag
05-20-2002, 11:28 PM
Yes! Chewie with Bowcaster, binders and articulation

Beast
05-20-2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Han Hoth (his coat in the movie is clearly blue, why they keep making it brown is beyond me)
I agree with everyone of the ones you mentioned, except this one. The coat is acually almost the correct color on the figure, infact it should be a little darker brown. The reason it appears blue on film, is because of the lighting and the blue filters used on the cameras for the hoth filming. It looks really blue inside echo base, but in the shots of it where he's rescuing Luke it's brown. The prop in the Lucasfilm archives is also brown, it's just a case of lighting causing it to look different on film. Luke's Bespin Fatigues are also khaki color, and not light tan. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jeffonthego
05-21-2002, 03:58 AM
Luminara...she's got a cool pose for battle, but you want a regular one of her to stand with other Jedi in regular pose.

lunchymeatball
05-21-2002, 04:41 AM
Bib Fortuna and a proper Jabba and while we are at it how about a salacious that stands properly or just do him sitting.

kadamontaga
05-21-2002, 06:32 AM
A Leia that doesn't look like a bloke or a monkey.

JEDIpartner
05-21-2002, 07:42 AM
-Padme Arena WITHOUT the pose or the Gimmicks!
-a good Obi-Wan WITHOUT the headgear!
-The Hoth versions of ALL the main characters
-Luminara Unduli WITHOUT the whacky pose!
-Luke in Jedi Gear
-The white Clone Trooper
-Uncle Owen

lunchymeatball
05-21-2002, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
[B
-The white Clone Trooper
[/B]

Do we know when we will be getting plain clone troopers seeing as nowhere now has the sneak preview ones anymore.

I thought seeing as sneak previews from Ep 1 are still being sold cheap the Ep 2 previews weren't all that important to snap up.

How wrong was I:(

JEDIpartner
05-21-2002, 08:10 AM
Hasbro learnt from their mistakes of overproducing... apparently.

lunchymeatball
05-21-2002, 08:15 AM
Which is why my local shop is full of tusken mothers, a split second figure and has no clone troopers which there were approx 200,000 of on screen for a little longer than said mother.

Brett3xmvpfavre
05-21-2002, 08:39 AM
i Just want another death star gunner, and ewoks

yngadult
05-21-2002, 10:21 AM
Since ESB was the favourite of many fans, I hope Hasbro improves on the figures from this episode, especially the following:
1. Han (Hoth)
2. Luke (Hoth)
3. Hoth Rebel Soldier - the legs on POTF2 look like Bend Ems.

The POTF2 Snowtrooper looks cool as is - very tough looking.

eliwankenobi
05-21-2002, 11:01 AM
I have to agree with most everyone in saying that we are long overdue for some Hoth character resculpts:
Han
Luke
Leia
Rebel Troops

And I'd also like to see:
Gen. Reeiken
Maj. Derlin
Gen. Veers
Ion Gunner Officer (female)
Snowtrooper w/ more articulation

CaptainSolo1138
05-21-2002, 11:32 AM
I just do not understand Hasbro (and it's obvious I'm not the only one!). So far in this thread, I've seen about three waves of quality figures (all the Hoth heros, etc.). Hasbro, I'm sure, would pass on everyone of them if it were to take the place of another Darth Maul EU piece of junk. And forchristsake, how come boring, one-frame jerks like Yak Face get a figure yet people with actual lines aren't even being thought of? General Dodonna? Crix Madine? Lando as Falcon Pilot? And even with General Riekan losing the fan poll, couldn't Hasbro go ahead and make him anyway? It sucks that we sit here with good ideas and they get rich off of another Luke.

rherk
05-21-2002, 03:08 PM
Luke jedi from Jabbas palace w/brown cloak
Luke and Han Stormtrooper
Bib Fortuna
Han and Luke Hoth

JediIan
05-21-2002, 04:19 PM
DUDE, I can't believe this thread exists, oh man.... resculpts are EVERYTHING that is wrong with Hasbro, just because this thread exists I have less of a chance of getting Orn Free Taa's female Twi ' Lek companions, come now, go and start a petition for Taa's ladies, not resculpts.... be sensible!

Darth Ovori
05-21-2002, 04:33 PM
Arena Padme without wounds or pose...
Snowtrooper from Hoth without pose...
Kamino escape Obi-Wan with wet hair & without pose...
Count Dooku without gmmick and can stand...

And finally I do think it's time we see resculpts of the AT-AT and AT-ST...

BillyJAck
05-21-2002, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by JediIan
DUDE, I can't believe this thread exists, oh man.... resculpts are EVERYTHING that is wrong with Hasbro, just because this thread exists I have less of a chance of getting Orn Free Taa's female Twi ' Lek companions, come now, go and start a petition for Taa's ladies, not resculpts.... be sensible!

No I really don't care about that figure getting made. I want ESB figures and ANH figures, I loved the newer version they did of IG88, Lando, Boba 300th edition, Bespin Guard.and the Rebel troop they did from the beginning of anh

Now I want to see
Han Solo Hoth gear
More people from cloud city
Luke Hoth
Han Solo Carbonite this figure could have been so much better. I like the Vintage one 100 times better
Dengar needs to be redone badly
Zuckass could be alot better
4Lom could be alot better
Bossk could be alot better
A spirit of Ben figure that not blue but actually looks like Alec G and stay true to the colors but remains translucet looking
a Dagobah R2D2 with mud and muck all over him with charger.
More people from Hoth like the General, girl at the Ion cannon control
Better Hoth Snowtrooper/stormtrooper

anh
a better looking luke stormtrooper
a new han stormtrooper
more death star droids
more of the imperials from the death saw
better stormtrooper
better Gunners
better troopers(death star trooper or whatever they are called)

as far as ROTJ

I only want

Imperial Dignintaries all 3 or em
a better royal guard with cloth capes and not both arms showing do it like they are in the movie!

Sith Vicious
05-21-2002, 05:38 PM
Dr. Evazan. That's it. I hate resculpts.

Jmacq
05-23-2002, 03:25 PM
I don't mind resculpts at all when they're warranted, and in certain cases, I think they -definitely- are. And since this is a 'which -resculpts- do you want' thread, here's my choices:

Luke Jedi - 'Ultimate' version with good articulation, metal saber with removable blade, and cloak. I'd -prefer- a 'final duel' version, but a Jabba's Palace would work for me, too.

Episode II Anakin Skywalker with cloak, and good articulation.

Count Dooku without 'gimmicks', just good articulation and a cape that stays on. (A metal saber with removeable blade would be nice, but to be honest, the detailing on the plastic sabers is better) Unfortunately, I think Hasbro is afraid of putting out a figure of an 'old guy' without some kind of enticement for the kiddies.

Darth Maul with -good- articulation, the outfit from the final duel in Episode I, and an -accurate- saber (ie the blades are as long as they're -supposed- to be).

A good Episode II Obi-Wan without funky headgear or stupid pre-posing.

For the love of George, a -good- Ep II Mace Windu! Preferably without, 'cheesy Jedi smile' action or 'kidney stone passing' expression. Just some good articulation that -isn't- pre-posed and a likeness that isn't just plain silly.

On a side note, I have to say that aside from the magnetic hands, I've found the 'gimmicks' to be universally annoying. I understand that Hasbro is doing it to try to up the 'kid quotient' of the figures, so yeah, we probably will have to deal with these things for at -least- another year, until they hit a between-movie lull when collectors are once again the only thing keeping the line going. Of course, that's also when they start massively underproducing the figures, so.... :crazed:

LTBasker
05-23-2002, 03:40 PM
Well mainly E2 stuff:

Jango Fett (Slave 1 Pilot)
Jango Fett (Geonosis Spectator) - Basically a version of Kamino Escape Jango in a neutral stance and still with the removeable helmet, no grapple hook either.
White CloneTrooper (need a version along the lines but better than the Red one)
Boba Fett (with another Clone Kid, and training helmets (Boba must've done some training stuff, since he did also have the uniform on)
Obi-Wan (need a normal version, no gimmicks, more neutral than Pilot Obi and without the hippy headband)
Holo Obi-Wan with holo Droideka in figure scale (hey they could articulate E1 holo Sid)
And we still need a perfect battle droid for E1 and E2, the Saga one came close, but no cigar.

Jonna
05-23-2002, 03:56 PM
Zuckuss, Zuckuss, ZUCKUSS!!!!!!!!

Jargo
05-23-2002, 03:57 PM
All the figures from AOTC and the OT that Hasbro screwed up with stupid gimmicks and slashing actions and magnets and stupid overposing.

Bib Fortuna
Boushh
Chewbacca with removable bandolier
Snowtrooper
At-St driver with removable helmet and goggles
General Veers
Captain Piett
Grand Moff Tarkin
Luke Dagobah
Luke stormtrooper
Han stormtrooper
Dianoga
Wooof
Imperial dignitary
Biggs darlighter x-wing pilot with removable helmet
Wampa
Tauntaun with Han
Tauntaun with Echo base Tauntaun handler/deck officer
bartender R2-D2
Lando Calrissian Millenium Falcon pilot
C-3PO Millenium falcon repairs with detachable lower leg and blast marks
Cantina Obi-Wan without fighting stance and hood down
Cantina band member with articulated knees, omnibox and omnibox seat.

I have more but I think I should stop now :D

cujo fett
05-23-2002, 08:21 PM
death star trooper - lots of articulation
death star droid -silver version
rotj luke -battle damage
dagobah luke - less muscles
snowtrooper- lots of articulation -like the red clone and different weapons
hoth rebel soldiers- articulation and head sculpts

cujo fett
05-23-2002, 08:31 PM
general veers- removable helmet and hologram darth vader

snagglecooch
05-23-2002, 10:31 PM
ok, lets get it over with already
padme in NO outfit:eek: :crazed:

JON9000
05-25-2002, 12:42 PM
I want a Tatooine Biggs from the lost scenes and I know it just came out, but the imperial officer really needs help- all imperial officers have their outfits pressed- this guy is wrinkled. It would be cool if the new IO had the rank insignia like those in ANH.

tagmac
05-25-2002, 10:29 PM
Hoth Han (w/ hood UP)
Dengar (w/ backpack)
R5-D4
Tusken Raider (more of an action pose)
Bespin Gown Leia (w/ plastic gown)
Owen Lars
Hoth Rebel Soldier

wedgeA
05-26-2002, 08:14 AM
Jedi Knight Luke-Emperor's wrath (loose chest flap & force lightning and lightsaber included).
Wedge Antilles- on a card w/ accessories.
Anakin w/cloak and interchangable hand.

Rogue II
05-26-2002, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by tagmac
Hoth Han (w/ hood UP)
Dengar (w/ backpack)
R5-D4
Tusken Raider (more of an action pose)
Bespin Gown Leia (w/ plastic gown)
Owen Lars
Hoth Rebel Soldier

We are getting a new R5-D4 and Tusken Raider later this year.

I would like to see:
Hoth Rebel Soldier
Snowtrooper
Ben Kenobi (with cloth robe)
Hoth Han with removeable helmet
Emperor (with cloth robe and articulated knees)
Jedi Luke

maulreborn
05-26-2002, 10:18 AM
FROM POTF

1.- Crix Madine
2.- Imperial dignataries
3.- Black Bespin Guard

FROM POTF2 TO NOW

1.- Luke Dagobah training (please)
2.- Han Solo & Luke in stormtrooper disguises
3.- Lobot
4.- Luke endor gear
5.- Sandtrooper (orange)
6.- Luminara Unduli
7 - Eeth Kooth
8 - Lando general gear

I think nothing more is needed to be re-sculpted.

NEVER SCULPTED

1.- General Tagge
2.- Chieff Bass
3.- Colonel Wulf Yularen
4.- General Rieekan
5.- All jawa droids seen on ANH
6.- Remaining aliens from Cantina and Jabbas Palace
7.- General Dodonna

EXPANDED UNIVERSE

Shadows of the Empire

- Xizor
- Leebo
- Guri
- Xizor's Guard

Heir To The Empire

- C'Baoth
- Cap. Pellaeon
- Talon Karrde

Darth Mauk: Shadow Hunter

- Lorn Pavan
- I-5
- Darsha Assant

Crimson Empire

- Kirk Kanos (removable helmet)
- Carnor Jax
- Mirith Sinn

tagmac
05-26-2002, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the info, Rogue II. I did hear rumors of R5-D4, but nothing about the Raider.

Maul, of all the EU figures you listed, Xixor was made, and in two versions. I'd like to see a Guri figure made - don't know why they ignored that one.

JangoFeet
05-26-2002, 11:17 PM
The one figure i REALLY REALLY WANT!

ANH:
Ceremonial Chewbacca!

jjreason
05-27-2002, 01:52 AM
To want a resculpt means you have the figure and don't like it, I suppose.

1.) Amanaman. Super long wait and the stupid thing won't stand.
2.) Plain white clone trooper. Even if it's the same as sneak preview. I just need more of them. Give me articulation if possible.
3.) Han Hoth, because I feel the need to be one of the masses. And I love Hoth.

But Id rather have figures made of an Imperial officer in gray, a rebel technician from the ANH X-Wing hangar, Rieekan, Dignitary, Twin Pod Cloud car pilot (with car!), trash compactor Chewie and Leia, Amidala in white outfit with short cape from epII, and all the Jabba's Palace and Cantina creatures we don't have yet. Not that long a list....

jobi
05-27-2002, 11:18 AM
Snowtrooper
Hoth Han
Hoth Luke
Hoth Rebel Soldier
AT-AT commander
Dr. Evazan on card
Wedge on card
Bossk
Dengar
more imp officers (gray uniforms)