PDA

View Full Version : Falwell blames ***s for attack.

Fulit
09-16-2001, 10:55 AM
I have always thought Jerry Falwell was ignorant, but this takes the cake. He was quoted on T.V. as saying something like, "***s and lesbians should point the finger at themselves" for Tuesday's attack. What media person would give this guy the opportunity to say something so stupid? Why is this man allowed to vent his close-minded opinions on T.V.? Whether or not you think homosexuality is wrong, surely you all must agree that blaming ***s for the tragedy has no basis. It makes about as much sense as blaming every Arabian looking person you see. Less. I just think this was a terribly insensitive, ill timed, ignorant thing to say, and I long for the day when morons like him are not asked their opinions on T.V. This is America, where everyone has the right to be unreasonable and stupid, but we don't have to put them all on T.V. do we? They put him on T.V., likely for the same reason they've put a lot of religious figures on, to say something to unite us all, make us feel better, and he says something to further divide us.

When it comes down to it, no one deserves this, and this country, IMO, immoral or not, has done nothing to warrant this. I've heard a lot of "this is America's own fault" crap, there was even a chat room on AOL called "It's our damn fault". I'm sick of it.

Fulit
09-16-2001, 10:56 AM
hmm, I can type "lesbians" but not g a y s. I just wanted to make sure you all knew I didn't use a slur where the word is censored out.

THE Slayer
09-17-2001, 12:26 AM
lol, I guess you can type it.

Anyways I agree, anyone who goes on TV ranting about their personal discrepencies, or whatever you want to call it, just comes off sounding like a moron.
Unless that was the anchorman's goal. "Hey let's make Fallwell sound like the idiot he is!"

sounds like fun to me.

GNT
09-17-2001, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Fulit
I have always thought Jerry Falwell was ignorant, but this takes the cake. He was quoted on T.V. as saying something like, "***s and lesbians should point the finger at themselves" for Tuesday's attack.

So are the Arabian people on the planes ***? I don't get it? Plus I think he a ******* for making stupid comments

JEDIpartner
09-17-2001, 08:31 AM
I read about this ridiculous statement from one of America's Top 10 hatemongers last week. This is exactly the type of mentality that we are fighting against. It is actually HE who is most like the terrorists... fighting in ignorance, fear and in the name of God- a God who apparently is not OUR God, for his God is a god of hate and not love.

Pray for this sad man and all those who follow him.

JediTricks
09-17-2001, 08:55 AM
Sorry for the autocensor removing the 3-letter-term for "homosexuals", last month it was being used in a derogatory way a lot and we got enough complaints that we weren't keeping up erasing the inappropriate use of the word, so it went to the autocensor.

I'm disgusted by anybody who uses this tragedy as a springboard for their personal agendas - whether it's financial, political, religious, whatever. But to use hate speech on top of that is just plain sickening.

bigbarada
09-17-2001, 09:00 AM
I think Falwell should go back and read his Bible. The message of Jesus Christ is one of love, acceptance and tolerance. He's twisting God's Word to fit his own needs and he'll answer for it in the afterlife.

JEDIpartner
09-17-2001, 09:29 AM
Amen!

Brave Sir Robin
09-17-2001, 10:14 AM
My mom told me that there was a preacher who said that the attack was God's wrath on homosexuals and Americans for passing the Civil Unions Law. Some of these people should be locked away in a padded cell.

El Chuxter
09-17-2001, 10:53 AM
Falwell's a dumb***. Period. If any doubt remains in anyone's mind, watch his blatantly racist ads from the 2000 presidential campaign. He should disgust us all.

Another thing that's getting under my skin is people saying that this was "God's will" and "This happened for a reason." I don't know if they have a different Bible from the one I have, but the God in my Bible wouldn't kill off thousands of random innocents, at least 1/2 of whom I'd guess were His followers, just to make a point. No, this was the work of sick individuals who claim to follow the same God in a different way, but are either brainwashed or severely misguided.

JediCole
09-17-2001, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
I read about this ridiculous statement from one of America's Top 10 hatemongers last week. This is exactly the type of mentality that we are fighting against. It is actually HE who is most like the terrorists... fighting in ignorance, fear and in the name of God- a God who apparently is not OUR God, for his God is a god of hate and not love.

Pray for this sad man and all those who follow him.

I have to agree wholeheartedly here. And also point out that Fallwell's statement rather proves a point. One need not look to the Middle East to find a hate-mongering extremist who uses the name of God to support his own shallow and hurtful views. Is Falwell as bad as Bin Laden? No. Not yet anyway...

Obi-Don
09-17-2001, 08:18 PM
I can not believe what Falwell was saying.In these times we look to people in these places for help and understanding.When you have a man and I use this term loosely,running off at the mouth with his hate and stupidity you can only wonder why in the blue hell would anyone ever listen to him again. Fawell take time with your bible and some deep prayer and ask God to forgive you STUPIDITY.:mad:

JediTricks
09-18-2001, 07:31 AM
I heard somewhere that Falwell subtly promotes the bombings of abortion clinics by zealots. If that's true (and I don't know it is, though I do know he's very anti-abortion), then he would certainly be working his way up to Bin Laden's level.

I heard Falwell's and Pat Robertson's comments on the news yesterday and they were stomach-turning. We shouldn't let them simply shrug this one off IMO, what they did was truly disgusting. Here's the CNN story which contains some of the comments of hatred as well as the "apology":
http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/09/14/Falwell.apology/index.html

JEDIpartner
09-18-2001, 08:18 AM
So Falwell (a literary name suggesting his fall from God was an easy one?) apologised. Big whoop. Apology or not- he said his comments were ill-timed. What that means is that at any other time he would have spouted off the same crass remarks because that's what his shriveled little Grinch heart feels. Maybe he'll wait until a new Commerce Centre is built and they'll let him dedicate it by reiterating his ignorance. NOT!!!

So, I say to you, Mr. Falwell, while you dance with the demons and sleep with the enemy, the little voices with the strongest hearts are doing the will of God with little recognition. We don't need that recognition- we know that our actions are true and pure. We are only motivated by what God has really taught.

Thank you for your example of what it means to NOT be a Christian.

Fulit
09-19-2001, 09:52 AM
Just a little update for anyone who cares. Apparently Falwell has apologized, saying his remarks were "ill-timed". Meaning, I guess, that he should have waited a few months to lay blame. I also read that he made the remarks on the Pat Roberts? Robertson? show, and Pat agreed with him on the show, then turned around right after it aired and criticized Falwell for saying it.

These sad sacks lack the conviction to even stand by their hate mongering. It just makes me so friggin' mad!

Young Offender
09-19-2001, 02:40 PM
Im sure that anyone who has such a fear and loathing like that, is hiding something!

How about blaming him for the attack??