PDA

View Full Version : More Clones, maybe clone pilots?? (merged)

Runobot
05-21-2002, 01:52 PM
Does anyone know about the future release of more clone troopers? Are any coming with the troop carrier?

I heard that yellow clones will come with the gun attachments for the ship, are they going to be delux figures then?

Are there going to be yellow basic clones?

Also, are there really blue clone troopers? I did not see them. And tell me this, are they going to release more basic, non-colored troopers or just the sneak peaks?

bigbarada
05-21-2002, 01:58 PM
I'm not exactly sure how the color system works but I want at least two of every color and tons of plain white clones. Along with the red-jumpsuited adult clones and the young clones.

The one I really want most though is the pilot for the Gunship, and I've heard that he is one the way later this year.:)

bigbarada
05-21-2002, 02:00 PM
Here's a pic of the uber-cool pilot clone from the Gunship:

browndroid
05-21-2002, 02:04 PM
i would like to have some of the other colors also, ones with no color, yellow, blue

sunblind
05-21-2002, 02:14 PM
Oh yeah, I love these clones. Very cool.

pthfnder89
05-21-2002, 03:07 PM
I wonder if pehaps the Yellow Clone that Hasbro has confirmed with the bubble gun attachment is the Pilot version from the pic. I thought that Hasbro had listed him as "Yellow Pilot Clonetrooper" so maybe we'll get lucky.:)

I too would like regular white clones. I'm not too thrilled by the different colors; I don't like the way they are painted on the armor, it looks sort of cheesy. I would buy one of each color, but I need regular troops for them to command :)

DarthMaulSithLord
05-21-2002, 03:13 PM
I am going to get 2 of the Red Cloneys, 6 of the Preview Clones and 6 of the yellow ones (i'm gonna get two Gunships) and i really want Hasbro to release a new and improved white Clone Trooper so i can get 6 more. I'd also really appreciate it if they made a more stable Geonosian Warrior with a sonic blaster.

:)

sunblind
05-21-2002, 03:42 PM
What would be great, would be if the republican gunship came with 2 clone pilot drivers.

Beast
05-21-2002, 03:53 PM
Just buy 2 of the CloneTrooper Pilot figures that are coming out at the same time. Pack in figures usually suck. And what's even cooler, is that they have a side bubble turrets packed in with them, so you can complete the republic gunship. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jawabalz
05-21-2002, 03:57 PM
i second that but maybe throw in a battle droid or two that fall apart or flatten when you land the cruiser on them:happy:

Darth Ovori
05-21-2002, 04:04 PM
But that would make them deluxe figures seeing the size of the bubble turrets... ???
Probably a bit more in price, but will be worth it to complete the gunship... ;)

Beast
05-21-2002, 04:07 PM
Nope, they are basic figures. Most likely the bubbles have been scaled down, the same as the Gunship has and won't fit a figure in them. Just like the wing bubbles on the Republic Gunship itself, are not big enough to hold a figure. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthMaulSithLord
05-21-2002, 04:18 PM
If they do that i won't buy them. They can easily make the turret to scale so it fits the figure. And they could also make it so that you can remove the wing cannons and replace them with the gun bubble turrets that fits the Pilot Cloney.

Beast
05-21-2002, 04:25 PM
The ship is already not totally to scale with the figures, DMSL. If they made the Republic Gunship accurate to the size of what it is in the movie, you would most likely be paying about the same price as the Lego version is. And if they make the side gun pods, big enough to hold a figure, they would be insanely oversized for the toy. Perfect scale for some vehicles will never happen, due to the cost. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

pthfnder89
05-21-2002, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by DarthMaulSithLord
If they do that i won't buy them. They can easily make the turret to scale so it fits the figure. And they could also make it so that you can remove the wing cannons and replace them with the gun bubble turrets that fits the Pilot Cloney.

Not really. The wing cannons are built right into the wing, so if you took them out the hole would be FAR too small to fit a bubble large enough to hold a figure.

And they COULD make the Pilot Troopers bubble guns large enough to hold a figure, but they would look pretty odd on the ship. The Gunship toy is only about 2/3 scale so a full sized side-bubble gun would be pretty big on it.

DarthMaulSithLord
05-21-2002, 04:35 PM
They could make the sidebubbles just big enough to seat one figure. that way it won't look awkward on the side of the cockpit or on the wings. If they don't i won't buy it. I want authentic ships.

Beast
05-21-2002, 04:40 PM
DMSL, the point is they will look akward if they were made to fit a figure, because they would be vastly out of scale to the ship. Just look at the size of the bubbles on the wings of the toy, if they would have made them so you could put a figure in they would be insanely oversized to the scale of the ship. You have to sadly sacrifice scale on the ships in the Star Wars line. If you want close to 100% authentic ships, best to wait for the E2 Action Fleet ships. They are usually always to scale. It's just not going to happen with the Hasbro Toy line. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Ovori
05-21-2002, 04:45 PM
Aha, the wing bubbles are not meant to have figures in them...
If you can see in the movie, they're smaller and there's no visible gunner in them... ???

I've just checked the gunship in the Art visual book, and the wing bubbles are drastical smaller than the side bubbles...

Beast
05-21-2002, 04:49 PM
Thanks Darth Ovori, I wasn't 100% if they were or not. I figured they did, since they seem to be bubbles as well. But regardless, if they make the pack in side bubbles large enough to hold a figure, they are going to look mighty silly attached to the side of the ship. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediIan
05-21-2002, 04:49 PM
Which were they sitting in, in the movie? Were the troopers on the side? or in the wing?

sith_killer_99
05-21-2002, 05:41 PM
JJB, are the new Pilot figures actual Pilots with different helmets? Or are we just getting yellow clone troopers?

eliwankenobi
05-21-2002, 05:52 PM
I'm on board for the Geonosian w/ Sonic Blaster - those were super-cool!

Clonies though, I'm looking forward to the yellow pilots; and I thought I read in the C2 coverage or somewhere else that there are regular Clonies coming later.

RooJay
05-21-2002, 06:00 PM
I actually think it's kind of strange that Hasbro hasn't released any plain Clone Troopers in conjunction with the film's release. The Sneak Preview was never available in large numbers, and haven't been readily available since before the movie opened. Since they are, by far, the most common type seen in the movie you'd think Hasbro would've had a lot of these guys ready for the kiddies and fans! What tha Dilly-O?

Beast
05-21-2002, 06:04 PM
Hasbro said at Celebration 2, that it was the Yellow Clonetrooper Pilots, so hopefully we get the correct version. Here is what Hasbro told Yakface at Cel2. :)

Clone Troopers Present and Future
The red Clone Trooper was originally supposed to be all white. The deco change was a little last-minute, and there will be several Clones in the future for all of us figure fans out there. The first new one is a yellow Clone Trooper Pilot. It comes with a Gun Pod that's actually missing from the upcoming Republic Gunship toy, and it snaps right on the finished toy. If you buy two pilots, you've got your vehicle fully armed and ready to fly. Next, there's a Deluxe Clone Trooper that will come with some sort of Swoop/Speeder Bike vehicle.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
05-21-2002, 06:12 PM
Roojay, the red CloneTrooper was originally supposed to be white, it was a last minute change to make it red. Hasbro has assured the fans though, that there are many more versions of the CloneTroopers on the way. So no worries, you will get your new Saga white Clonie, sooner or later. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

RooJay
05-21-2002, 06:59 PM
I know.
They should've left it white for the reasons I stated in my previous post.
Thanks though!:)

Runobot
05-21-2002, 08:36 PM
Yeah, I love them also. I have eight of each now. I know the red clone troopers are less common but to me the just look too damn cool, every time I see one I want to buy it!

So, no one knows about a blue clone trooper? Is there such a thing?

Beast
05-21-2002, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Runobot
So, no one knows about a blue clone trooper? Is there such a thing?
Indeed there is, I spotted both Green and Blue in the lines to pick up their helmets on Kamino. Never spotted them yet in the battle, but they could be there somewhere. Hopefully we get figures of all of them. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jawabalz
05-21-2002, 09:30 PM
i'm new to the forum so pardon me for asking but is the republic cruiser out and and does it come with anything else? because all i really know is ,is that there making one for 3 3/4 figure. and if it'll be a store excluse
sorry for bugging you all

DarthMaulSithLord
05-21-2002, 09:34 PM
It will be out in August or so, hope it's not a store exclusive though.

Btw, if they make the bubble turrets to fit a fig, it only has to be 2.5 inches in diametre, since the gunners are sitting inside the bubbles. And since the Gunship toy is quite large, i don't think it will look that bad.

bigbarada
05-21-2002, 10:28 PM
Massively out of scale vehicles have existed since the line began. Look at the Millenium Falcon. If Hasbro were to make a correctly scaled Gunship it would be bigger than the Ep1 Queen's Starship and cost well over $100 dollars. I'll take a $40 scaled down version anyday.

A correctly scaled Millenium Falcon would be about 4-5 feet in diameter and cost in the realm of $200-$500. No parent is going to sacrifice two car payments to buy their kids a toy, Hasbro knows this, which is why they scale them all down.

bigbarada
05-21-2002, 10:35 PM
Any ideas of what all the colors mean?

I can only guess that the yellow signifies officers, red for NCOs and white for regular grunts. In the army we used a similar system with hard hats on a construction site or rail-load team (green=officer, blue=NCO, white=enlisted).

No ideas on the what the blue or green clone armor means.

Obi-Dan Kenobi
05-22-2002, 12:12 AM
I think a great way to release a new white clone trooper would be to have a removable helmet with the adult clone head underneath. That would be cool.:)

I'm clueless as to the colors. You'd think the yellow ones would be officers, like the battle droids, but the pilot has a yellow color scheme too. (Maybe he was a pilot commander or something.)

sunblind
05-22-2002, 08:58 AM
Blue and Green Clonies as well? Sweet. This army will be better then any Stormtrooper set any day.

Croaker
05-22-2002, 09:03 AM
I was looking closely but i only saw the blue ones in the lineups. No green.

From the large clone scenes it seems as if yellow are centurions (at one point you see one for evey century and at the end you see one for every double century). The red ones might be more like squad leaders.
The yellow are the comanders and pilots.
Blue and green might ne medics and mechanics or something like that.

sunblind
05-22-2002, 09:32 AM
Well. When are these Yellow Clone Pilots due out? I hope they put out at least one other Clonie, like a Reg. Yellow one or a blue or green one.

Runobot
05-22-2002, 09:59 AM
Blue and Green!!! Damn, Lucas knew what he was doing, he just sold me 16 more figures!

JEDIpartner
05-22-2002, 10:18 AM
I'd personally be happy with one of the Pilots and a couple more (new) White ones.

eliwankenobi
05-22-2002, 02:05 PM
I think I could be happy with a few reds, a few more yellows, and a bunch of whites.
Add in blue and green and we just get a cartoony-looking-rainbow-brite-power-rangers-looking army of clones.
I want a kick-@ss, tough-looking army of clones - not a happy, cheery colorful army of clones.

bigbarada
05-22-2002, 02:12 PM
Yellow was shown to signify what appeared to be commanders and pilots, well it still works that yellow would signify officers since only officers are allowed to be pilots in our military.

If Hasbro hasn't released blue Battle Droids then I highly doubt that we will see blue or green Clonetroopers. Because you know as soon as they do, people will start to whine, "Why are we getting another Clonetrooper when Hasbro still hasn't made this figure? OR that figure? Hasbro sucks!":rolleyes:

On the bright side, customizing a red clone into a blue or green clone will be easy as pie.

Beast
05-22-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
If Hasbro hasn't released blue Battle Droids then I highly doubt that we will see blue or green Clonetroopers. Because you know as soon as they do, people will start to whine, "Why are we getting another Clonetrooper when Hasbro still hasn't made this figure? OR that figure? Hasbro sucks!":rolleyes:
You hit the nail on the head BigB, but it won't matter anyway. People will complain no matter what gets released, it seems to be one of the things Star Wars Collector's do best. When we finally get our often asked for Yarna D'al Gargan, there will be a segment of the collecting community that will complain that if they were going to do a woman figure, they should have done the thong lady from the E2 Nightclub. Hasbro can't win, we can't win, because no matter how much Hasbro tries to make people happy, someone will always be complaining about somthing. :p :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

pthfnder89
05-22-2002, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

You hit the nail on the head BigB, but it won't matter anyway. People will complain no matter what gets released, it seems to be one of the things Star Wars Collector's do best. When we finally get our often asked for Yarna D'al Gargan, there will be a segment of the collecting community that will complain that if they were going to do a woman figure, they should have done the thong lady from the E2 Nightclub. Hasbro can't win, we can't win, because no matter how much Hasbro tries to make people happy, someone will always be complaining about somthing. :p :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Too true. Look at the "Overwhelmed" thread in this forum. For nearly 2 years we've seen a shortage of POTJ figures, and we wanted more, more, more. Now we have all the figures we can handle and people are upset about it. That thread isn't exactly complaining, but it goes to show that Hasbro could never make everyone happy.

Rogue Leader
05-22-2002, 04:26 PM
I totally agree with both JarJarBinks and pthfnder89 about not making everyone happy. Just look back at all of the people complaining about the AOTC figures before they were even out in stores. I read more about people complaining about the new figures than I did about the new figures themselves. And everytime Hasbro makes a resculpt of a figure we have people complaining about more resculpts while others applaud Hasbro about the new figure. Hasbro can not do right amongst collectors anyway they choose to do things. While I like certain figures more than others, I personally do not have a problem with any of the figures that Hasbro has put out thus far. I hope Hasbro keeps up the good work they have done thus far!
Also, bring on the clones!

pthfnder89
05-22-2002, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by jawabalz
because all i really know is ,is that there making one for 3 3/4 figure. and if it'll be a store excluse
sorry for bugging you all

Nah, it won't be a store exclusive. The Gunship is a big item in the movie so they can sell them pretty easily, just like the Jedi Starfighter.

I wish that were true for the Tie Bomber. I never did find one...:(:(

Beast
05-22-2002, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by sunblind
Well. When are these Yellow Clone Pilots due out? I hope they put out at least one other Clonie, like a Reg. Yellow one or a blue or green one.
The Yellow CloneTrooper Pilots should be out around the same time the Gunship comes out. So, sometime in the fall. As for the other colors, I am sure Hasbro will make them sooner or later. No rush, we have 3 years before Episode III. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jawabalz
05-22-2002, 07:02 PM
cool so if i have this right the cruiser is to come out around aug and will cost somewhere around $40 maybe more and will not include pilots , and mostlikely wo't be an exclusive. cool thanks for the help!!!!!!!!!:D

Beast
05-22-2002, 07:11 PM
Under 40, if you buy it from Wal-Mart. They have it currently listed on their website for $38.86. They also have the Arena Playset for the same price. It lists an expected release date of 8/15/2002 for the Gunship and 9/15/2002 for the Playset. Here are links to both the Republic Gunship and Arena Playsets at Wal-Mart.com. :)

Republic Gunship (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?cat=92533&dept=4171&product_id=1819725&path=0%3A4171%3A92533%3A92527)

Arena Playset (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?cat=92533&dept=4171&product_id=1819724&path=0%3A4171%3A92533%3A92527)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

sunblind
05-22-2002, 07:14 PM
hmmm....tie bomber...never heard of it before....oh i'm sorry, i take that back...I never seen'em in the store before....unless you think a collector store that wants to sell it for about 50 bucks is worth it. i dont think so.

Beast
05-22-2002, 07:29 PM
Sunblind, and anyone else that is looking for a TIE Bomber or Crashed Snowspeeder, and doesn't wanna pay scalper or Ebay prices, check out Yestertoys. They have them both for 38.00 each mint, or for 36.00 each non-mint. Sadly they look to be out of stock at the moment, but you can get both from PlanetActionFigure for 79.99. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

CooLJoE
05-22-2002, 07:44 PM
Yellow appear to have 2 different versions. So Hasbro better be releasing both versions.

Yellow commanders have the regular fin, while yellow pilots have a sloped-back fin that follows the shape of the helmet. I could care less if they made blue or green (even though blue is my favorite color). But they better make another white version, both yellow versions, and a white/yellow/red (doesnt matter really) version that has removeable helmet. We need to have one that shows the Jango face signifying that its a clone of him. Wouldn't be too hard since we have 3 Jangos already, just take the head from one of those and give it a helmet.

Beast
05-22-2002, 07:56 PM
I don't think we need all the colors with removable helmets, the next Saga White ones with removable helmets would be good. And please, don't suggest they use the Jango head for the Clonetrooper. Jango is alot older then the Clones, so the head sculpt should reflect that. But Clonewise in addition to the Pilot, we need the following figures:

CloneTrooper Child w/ Headgear & Teaching Device
CloneTrooper (Unarmored - Red Workout Jammies)
CloneTrooper (White w/ Removable Helmet)
CloneTrooper Commander (Yellow)
CloneTrooper ? (Blue)
CloneTrooper ? (Green)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Runobot
05-22-2002, 07:56 PM
$40 for the ship, $20 more for the two delux yellow clones to complete the ship, now we are talking $60!!! Compare that to the AT-AT which came with 2 figures and electronics for I think $80 and it doesn't seem fair.

Oh well, I am getting 2 anyway! Dammit, I am addicted.

jawabalz
05-22-2002, 07:57 PM
thanks jar jar for the link it was real helpful(and the arena playset set was a cool bonus)!!!!!!!:cool:
just to add on about the tie bomber all i've to say is arg i waited for a couple months and it turns into a store exclusive thats sold out before it it even it the shelves. now if i try and get it i'll pay out the nose(for lack of a better term) oh well. :crazed: :eek: :(

Runobot
05-22-2002, 07:59 PM
Yeah, I guess I could just customize one or two or 8 into bluer clones! Haha...thanks for the idea.

Beast
05-22-2002, 08:11 PM
$40 for the ship, $20 more for the two delux yellow clones to complete the ship, now we are talking $60!!! Compare that to the AT-AT which came with 2 figures and electronics for I think $80 and it doesn't seem fair. Oh well, I am getting 2 anyway! Dammit, I am addicted.
Runobot, the CloneTrooper Pilots are not Deluxe figures. They will be in the Basic Figure line. So, that's only 12.00 for 2 of them, which means only $50 total for the complete ship w/ side guns. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Croaker
05-23-2002, 08:29 AM
They did make a blue battle droid didn't they?
It came with that mini-tank thing I thought.

I don't have mine here so I can't check. I'll try to find a pic.

Croaker
05-23-2002, 09:11 AM
Here it is:

http://systems.figures.com/database/index.html?page=detail&sdomid=5&sitemid=56

enjoy.

Croaker
05-23-2002, 09:13 AM
And ..
I think that I'll customize the clone troopers as well.
Only if they go on sale...but that would mean that they would have to be pegwarmers - which they are not.
Oh well.

eliwankenobi
05-23-2002, 01:31 PM
Actually, I've been seeing more and more Clonies starting to warm the pegs at the local Targets and WMs (TRUs still overflowing with leftover MM stuff).

My hopes for the Yellow Clonie is that they make the Pilot version. That helmet looks super-cool. A regular white Clonie with removable helmet would be pretty sweet too.

pthfnder89
05-23-2002, 10:58 PM
Sunblind, and anyone else that is looking for a TIE Bomber or Crashed Snowspeeder, and doesn't wanna pay scalper or Ebay prices, check out Yestertoys. They have them both for 38.00 each mint, or for 36.00 each non-mint. Sadly they look to be out of stock at the moment, but you can get both from PlanetActionFigure for 79.99. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Thanks, I'll wait and see if they get som emore in JarJar. I plan on opening mine anyway so it doesn't matter if it's mint.:)

I'll wait to see the Gunship in person before I pass judgement, but even though it's a smaller scale, it still looks to be a pretty hefty ship, with some neat features. I don't think I'll have a problem shelling out $40.:)

pthfnder89
05-23-2002, 11:08 PM
But Clonewise in addition to the Pilot, we need the following figures:

CloneTrooper Child w/ Headgear & Teaching Device
CloneTrooper (Unarmored - Red Workout Jammies)
CloneTrooper (White w/ Removable Helmet)
CloneTrooper Commander (Yellow)
CloneTrooper ? (Blue)
CloneTrooper ? (Green)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JarJar, how about the Clonetrooper in Blue workout jammies? They can be seen in training excercises sparring with red suited ones behing Obi Wan and Taun We.:)

Beast
05-23-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by pthfnder89
JarJar, how about the Clonetrooper in Blue workout jammies? They can be seen in training excercises sparring with red suited ones behing Obi Wan and Taun We.:)
I was gonna mention those ones, but they appear to actually be in somthing more then just the jammies. It looks almost like they both have training armor on. I could be wrong though, I need to look at the pictures from that scene again. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Hellboy
05-23-2002, 11:48 PM
You guys forgot about
Clonetrooper fetus w/umbilical cord and growth tube

Runobot
05-24-2002, 08:12 AM
We really don't need the sparing clones, so we?

Beast
05-24-2002, 10:50 AM
We really don't need the sparing clones, so we?
Yes, we need every charecter, from every movie, in every outfit, from every scene. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
05-24-2002, 12:30 PM

Yes, we need every charecter, from every movie, in every outfit, from every scene. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The Padmes can be released at the butt of the line though since they'd probably sit after awhile so other characters couldn't get there sooner so if the line were to be going out anyways, who cares if the last figs are peg-warmers?

Another clone we need is "mess hall" clone. :D Just for the heck of it... Could be a 2-pack, adult "mess hall" clone with kid trainee clone.

Runobot
05-24-2002, 12:59 PM
Do we need an ET Senator Saga figure then? I draw the line there!!!

Anyway, how do we find out when the new yellow clones are coming out?

Beast
05-24-2002, 01:02 PM
Runobot, I wouldn't mind an E.T. Senator figure. And the Yellow Pilot CloneTroopers should be out in the fall, about the same time the Republic Gunship is released. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Runobot
05-28-2002, 11:15 AM
I just watched TPM last night and I noticed there were a bunch of blue droids on the bridge of the Nemoidians ship. Maybe the Blue Clones serve as the crew for the pre-star destroyers. Now that would be an awesome toy!

sunblind
05-28-2002, 01:26 PM
Clone's, calling all clonies around:

Blue Clone / comes with the section from one of those star ships
Yellow Clone Commander / binoculars and hand gun
Yellow Clone Pilot / with equipment from the Republican ship
White Clone / with removeable helmet
Clone kid / comes with section of learning area / head gear
Clone tube section of fetuises / come with 2 Kamino Cloner helpers.
theres so much to be made and only so little time and money...

Chaddymac
05-29-2002, 12:41 PM
www.starwars.com just posted this info that is amazingly pertinent to this disussion. Go figure...(no pun intended).

http://www.starwars.com/community/askjc/jocasta/askjc20020528.html

They're watching us...

sunblind
05-29-2002, 02:17 PM
Cloud you please post that message here in this forum, I can't get past the fire wall, becaise I'm at work.

Thanks.

Beast
05-29-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by sunblind
Cloud you please post that message here in this forum, I can't get past the fire wall, becaise I'm at work. Thanks.
Try here, sunblind. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9217

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks