PDA

View Full Version : Who would you want to direct EP3?? if you could choose

BillyJAck
05-21-2002, 05:34 PM
Who would you want to direct EP3 if you could choose? GL does a good job but it could be soo soo soo much better. My choice would be bring back Irvin Kershner, he made the finest SW movie out there ESB. I was heard GL said the Irvin made it a better movie than it had to be?( whats wrong with that???) But I hope Lucas lets him. Maybe we should start a petition online to get it done? What do yall think? Then send it to LucasFilm and email to the official website or something?

BillyJAcK

sunblind
05-22-2002, 01:08 PM
The same guy who directed Episode V : The Empire Strikes Back

icatch9
05-22-2002, 01:42 PM
George Lucas!

Beast
05-22-2002, 01:44 PM
I concur, George Lucas! :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

El Chuxter
05-22-2002, 03:30 PM
If not Lucas, his buddy and sometime collaborator Spielberg!

BillyJAck
05-22-2002, 03:36 PM
I don't care for spielbergs take on the sci fi genre. AI sucked and i didn't like the feel or look of it. Minority Report has the same look. I want the next SW to be very,very,very, dark and not a kids movie. I wish George would not cut out all the violence but show people getting sliced in two and all the jedi dying. It should be real almost. Not like poof you dead. I hope e3 is the darkest and best SW film of them all.

billyjack

snakeplkn
05-22-2002, 06:10 PM
I really was hoping back in 1999 that Lucas would hand over the director's chair to someone else. Even if you liked Episode II, I don't think you can argue that it is a well-directed film. The wipes seemed out of Abode Premiere, the edits were not crisp, the constant switching the camera to someone else while a character is still talking, the flat acting, the misuse of computer graphics all point to one man in the end - Lucas.

Of course he'll do Episode III, but there are three directors I wouldn't mind seeing.

---James Cameron. Before we get into a binge about Titanic, this man is responsible for some of the greatest science fiction, namely Aliens and Terminator 2. If Cameron had directed Attack of the Clones, you can bet the first scene would have been an epic Clone battle, full of intensity but layered with subtle humour.

---David Fincher. Here's a director who isn't afraid to take a walk on the dark side. Besides Panic Room's failure, Fight Club, The Game, Seven, and to a lesser extent Alien3 all protrayed vivid characterizations against a backdrop of anarchy, vile, and wickedness.

---Frank Darabont. He has the ability to bring out hope in the midst of tradegy, just what Episode III will show with the Jedi purge, but the birth of Luke and Leia. Though The Majestic didn't gel for some, his power in Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile still resonate today.

Snake Plissken
"A little human compassion"

eliwankenobi
05-24-2002, 07:03 PM
My vote would be for Ridley Scott. I think this darkest chapter in the SW Saga would be well done by him.

RooJay
05-24-2002, 08:12 PM
George Lucas

I think Frank Darabont could write one mean script for the movie though.

scruffziller
05-25-2002, 12:01 AM
Everybody who was there for ESB plus Peter Jackson.

stillakid
05-25-2002, 12:47 AM
Me.

Darth Nihilus
05-25-2002, 10:40 AM
MICHAEL BAY

Hey! Quit throwing stones at me.

plo koon 200
05-26-2002, 09:47 PM
Let me write the script. I can write the darkest script ever. Nothing gets darker than TWWE not even EPISODE 3.

OC47150
05-30-2002, 07:25 AM
John Woo. There's a man who can make an action movie! Two words: Hard-Boiled!

Then again, I don't know if there are pigeons/doves in the Star Wars galaxy.

Darth Nihilus
05-30-2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by OC47150
John Woo. There's a man who can make an action movie! Two words: Hard-Boiled!

Then again, I don't know if there are pigeons/doves in the Star Wars galaxy.

Or churches for that matter.

OC47150
05-30-2002, 10:41 AM
Ah, a fellow John Woo fan. I didn't know if anyone else would get the pigeon/dove reference.

Maybe the Jedi Temple could stand in for a church.

A'Sharad Hett
06-01-2002, 05:00 PM
I wouldn't care if Lucus was still directing, just as long as someon else wrote the script, dialogue.

plo koon 200
06-03-2002, 11:15 PM
Like I said earlier let me write it. I can write some darn good dialogue. All of you will love the dialogue I have in mind for Anakin.

Jedi Clint
06-04-2002, 01:30 AM
Do we get our money back if we don't? ;)

plo koon 200
06-04-2002, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Clint
Do we get our money back if we don't? ;)

If you do not like what I write I will give you back the price for your ticket.

plo koon 200
06-04-2002, 08:19 PM
Of course that is if you hate the movie so much that you never plan to watch any Star Wars movie again.

Jason B
06-04-2002, 08:35 PM
Ricky McCallum :crazed:

Imperial Monarche
06-05-2002, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by snakeplkn

Of course he'll do Episode III, but there are three directors I wouldn't mind seeing.

---James Cameron. Before we get into a binge about Titanic, this man is responsible for some of the greatest science fiction, namely Aliens and Terminator 2. If Cameron had directed Attack of the Clones, you can bet the first scene would have been an epic Clone battle, full of intensity but layered with subtle humour.

---David Fincher. Here's a director who isn't afraid to take a walk on the dark side. Besides Panic Room's failure, Fight Club, The Game, Seven, and to a lesser extent Alien3 all protrayed vivid characterizations against a backdrop of anarchy, vile, and wickedness.

---Frank Darabont. He has the ability to bring out hope in the midst of tradegy, just what Episode III will show with the Jedi purge, but the birth of Luke and Leia. Though The Majestic didn't gel for some, his power in Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile still resonate today.

Snake Plissken
"A little human compassion"

First, James Cameron is not a Star Wars man. His movies may be action packed, but Star Wars also needs those down times too. Then, David Fincher is too dark and his movies generally make lil sense. Frank Darabont is a good choice, but his movies arent really effects driven.

Now, I really think Lucas should direct Ep III and i've always thought that. I don't think he shoulda directed Ep I or II cuz i think he shoulda directed the first and last chapters in the saga. But, if not him, Irvin Kershner should be the man to sit in the directors chair.

snakeplkn
06-06-2002, 10:19 AM
Monarche,

How can you say Cameron doesn't have downtimes in his movies? Why do you think Aliens and Terminator 2 succeeded so well? Not because of the constant action, but the immense tension built in-between the flurry of violence. And don't get me started on downtimes, Episode II nearly put me to sleep on opening night, no less!

Snake Plissken
"Call me Snake"

Jonna
06-06-2002, 10:21 AM
Whoever it was that did the Evil Dead films. That would be a really good laugh.

billfremore
06-06-2002, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by BillyJAck
Who would you want to direct EP3 if you could choose? GL does a good job but it could be soo soo soo much better. My choice would be bring back Irvin Kershner, he made the finest SW movie out there ESB. I was heard GL said the Irvin made it a better movie than it had to be?( whats wrong with that???) But I hope Lucas lets him. Maybe we should start a petition online to get it done? What do yall think? Then send it to LucasFilm and email to the official website or something?

In my opinion, no matter how many petitions you throw at Lucas for title changes or director changes are irrelevant.

Lucas WILL direct the next movie and name it what he wants. Period.

By the way Jonna the director's name from the Evil Dead series is Sam Raimi who is also the director of Spider-man.

RooJay
06-06-2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Imperial Monarche

First, James Cameron is not a Star Wars man. His movies may be action packed, but Star Wars also needs those down times too. Then, David Fincher is too dark and his movies generally make lil sense. Frank Darabont is a good choice, but his movies arent really effects driven.

Now, I really think Lucas should direct Ep III and i've always thought that. I don't think he shoulda directed Ep I or II cuz i think he shoulda directed the first and last chapters in the saga. But, if not him, Irvin Kershner should be the man to sit in the directors chair.

I agree with you that George Lucas should and will direct Episode 3, but I have to wonder if you and I have been watching the same Fincher movies!:D ;) I'm a huge fan of this guy, and his movies have always made perfect sense to me.