PDA

View Full Version : What's is the worst figure?

Sir FanBoy
05-21-2002, 07:04 PM
Aight, just had a thought in my mind and wanted to see what other ppl think on this topic.

What is the worst figure you have seen so far from the ATOC series?

Be brutal. Be vicious. Be whatever you want to be.

I think the worst figure out there (imho) C3PO. I mean can you get any worse that that. Over sized parts equal overly done figure which equals no fun and a lot of sobs. :p

jjreason
05-22-2002, 06:19 AM
I wasn't crazy about the Britney Spears looking Amidala figure, but I don't have it yet, either. I haven't gotten any bad ones yet from AOTC, but the 25th anniversary sets are AWFUL out of the pkg. AWFUL. Whatever happened to hands that can actually hold the gun? Really brutal. Except the Chewie, he rocks. I didn't like Sneak Peak Zam because her rifle was so soft it bends like crazy. On a positive note, R2 from AOTC is super duper wicked. Best R2 ever.

fourtwo
05-22-2002, 02:56 PM
worst figure = anyone i don't have
:D

DarthBrandon
05-24-2002, 10:57 AM
Jorge Sacul cause I can't get one.

Sir FanBoy
05-24-2002, 11:18 AM
Yea that sux LARGE, btw how many of em were made and is it possible to find it here in Canada?

Jonna
05-24-2002, 11:34 AM
The one figure I have never even considered getting was C3PO. I mean he is a boring figure on his own, but how many resculpt do we possibly need of him.

DarthBrandon
05-24-2002, 02:10 PM
Sir Fanboy,

The only way your going to get one is if you buy on Evil-Bay or Trade something (American Carded) with someone in the forums.
So far I struck out twice cause I didn't have what they needed or I
ddin't have it on American Card. Wish they liked Canadian cards like we do American, I couldn't care less as long as I had it.

P.S. This is nothing against Americans,guess they have their own preferences.
I also hate the C3PO too.

mabudonicus
05-24-2002, 04:41 PM
Quick question- What the heck are you guys talking about?? Please, I really don't know....

fourtwo
05-24-2002, 05:13 PM
jorg sacul i think

ChronicJedi
05-24-2002, 08:16 PM
I don't care if the card is in Japanese, English... whatever as long as I get one of each figure on some kind of card.

I scored a Jorg Sacul on eBay for relatively cheap cos it was listed incorrectly (spelled totally wrong, like Jorge Sucal or something to that effect) Still it's the most I've ever paid for a single figure with Amidala Battle from Ep1 close behind.

haggis
05-24-2002, 10:17 PM
I think the worst figure is the battle droid(Arena battle). Why bother? Can anyone who has opened one tell me what makes this superior to the Ep.I BDs? Not to mention the break apart BD that comes with Deluxe Mace Windu. I finally got this one to stand up. No holes in the feet. Rectal Force probe Yoda rules, by the way!

Sir FanBoy
05-24-2002, 11:23 PM
brandon,

Thx for the tip and **** i should have just gone to Indiana for the convention omg i was gonna go with some friends for the i think 3 day event.

Dammit, ah well you win some and you lose some. I just hope some hobbyist gets a hold of it and charges like double the price of what it was originally, cause i know i will have to pay that much. I dont care as long as it is within amount. I must get HIM!

Darthpaul
05-25-2002, 05:55 AM
I think I'll have to agree that 3PO is the worst figure, with head-constantly-falling-off Battle Droid close behind.

I am getting Sacul thanks to a trade with Sir Steve!

Paul

cujo fett
05-26-2002, 06:43 AM
the carded battle droid is just a repaint of the security battle droid from the potj line, so that has got to be the worst

Croaker
05-26-2002, 07:46 AM
I'm going to have to disagree here.
I think that C3p0 is one of the better figures in the ep II line.
When you put his casing on he looks great (if you get one that fits well.)
He also comes with a large box perfect for holding all of the other accessories.

fourtwo
05-27-2002, 02:32 PM
i think my deluxe jango takes the cake, he doesn't stand up on his own
:(

BizRodian
05-28-2002, 04:31 AM
I've liked all I've bought except I was a little disapointed with Dooku. Oh, and head falling off Battle Droid really really ****es me off since his head wont stay on.

Count Dooku
06-02-2002, 12:11 AM
C3PO licks big time. Capt. Typho is pretty bad too. This Jorge Pacul figure or whatever his name, is it available in Canada at all at stores?

Sir FanBoy
06-02-2002, 12:32 AM
Count Dooku,

The Jorge Sacul is not available in Canada as it was only limited to the Indianapolis Star Wars convention. Now how to obtain it would be either to go to a hobby shop(hoping that they might have it) or purchase it online.

I still don't know how i will get it.

ChronicJedi
06-02-2002, 05:16 AM
I say eBay is your best bet for good ol Jorg Sacul. Or you could just not get it. Those are probably your only options.

Sir FanBoy
06-02-2002, 11:27 PM
i saw it somewhere on the net i think it was r2dtoys.com
for about 86 bucks omfg!!! that is insane...

FETT
06-04-2002, 11:32 AM
just to add my two cents worth, i haven't gotten any of the jedi knight figures b\c they plain just look creepy....lol....also the zam wessell figure is a bit of a drag and the lil hankie she has on her face seems to be easily removable and her arm action deal is pretty much useless.....the padme figure.....the arms are too skinny and the gun doesn't fit too well and it's hard to use the chain and the stump or whatever it is she comes with :confused: ..

as for the figures that rock...jango fett and his grapping hook and removable pistols are way cool, but his rocket launcher???...the damn missile doesn't even shoot out!!:stupid: ....clone trooper as mentioned earlier is the best looking and most fun to play with figure out there and the missile actually goes out more that an inc :D ..as for the dooku...it looks cool mib and so does the r2, anakin and yoda....are these toys worth opening and posing??thx for your input...

FETT
06-06-2002, 10:28 PM
crap!!!...i just got the vader bespin duel and the damn light sabre broke!!!!..any1 have some krazy glue??^^....the force effect is kind of neat tho, but it's just a magnet lol.....any1 have any lucks with finding any final battle jango fetts in the toronto area??

Sir FanBoy
06-06-2002, 11:31 PM
Fett,

Where did you get your Bespin Vadar from?

Did you order it online or did you find it here in Toronto?

And so far no luck on the Jango Fet (FB) and Mace Windu (GR) :mad:

FETT
06-07-2002, 01:32 AM
hey fanboy...

i got it at the snail today....they have like 5 left and are expecting more next wednesady...the mace windu was there as well and for some reason none of them are selling....chewie and luke were the only new figures that it didn' have today as well as the jango....hmmm..looks like that won't come out but here's hoping...

Sir FanBoy
06-07-2002, 11:24 AM
Fett,

Silver Snail only carries american carded figures rite?
so im assuming your bespin vadar is american?

FETT
06-07-2002, 05:40 PM
yah fanboy...american, blue carded...get this ASAP b\c while i was there yesterday, 2-3 were bought....

Sir FanBoy
06-07-2002, 08:32 PM
hmm damn thx.

gonna go this weekend if i have time.

gonna try to make a conscious effort cause I am loaded with projects.

ONE MORE WEEK AND HIGHSCHOOL IS OUT!!!

Woot!

But then **** i have Uni still ahhh

DarthBrandon
06-07-2002, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Sir FanBoy
i saw it somewhere on the net i think it was r2dtoys.com
for about 86 bucks omfg!!! that is insane...

Yeah I know what you mean Sir FanBoy, but that's still better than
BT's (Brian's), it's a whopping $135.00 U.S. , and E-bay is just as bad.

FETT
06-08-2002, 01:04 AM
highschool??..pardon my laffter, but you guys are making me feel old....-_-...yah..the good ol' days.....lol..i just finished watching parts of ep 3 and 4...man.......to change the subject here, nothing can touch the trilogy....i mean ep 1 and 2 have their appeal, but..it's called STAR wars and most of ep 1 and 2 have too much of a humanisitic element..you guys agree??....

DarthBrandon
06-08-2002, 02:22 AM
Can't say I agree or disagree with Ya Fett. I prefer the OT, Empire being my Fav, but I also like ATOC cause I've seen it four times already. I don't know about the humanistic element, cause the OT has that also, just from a different perspective. I'm old just like you I guess that's why I'll aways prefer OT over Prequels.

ATOC did rock though.

FETT
06-08-2002, 02:32 AM
don't get me wrong AOTC was like a million times better than the phantom which was a total joke if you asked me..........bottom line is that star wars should be about conflict, hate and not politics and romance...just a personal opinion....also i noticed a couple things about the trilogy and prequels......a lot of things happen in the prequels w/o much meaning....take the light sabre battles.....why do qui gonn and ben fight darth maul???..other than to kill off the sith??same goes with ben and anakin/yoda against dooku.........

in the trilogy luke fights vader in empire to try and save han and leia and he fights him in ROTF b\c he sees the good in him and wants to turn him to the good side of the force.....any1 else notice similar scenes in the prequels that didn't make any sense??

cujo fett
06-08-2002, 04:38 PM
i agree, the light saber battles in the prequels don't have the same edge as the trilogy
it might be because they are taken for granted because there are plenty of jedi and you already know the outcome

FETT
06-08-2002, 04:45 PM
can't really agree with you on that already knowing the outcome bit, but yah there are too many stinking jedis in AOTC that don't really do anything but sit around and mope.lol...actually, that's a problem i find in a lot of star wars movies....they tease us with all these cool looking characters, but they don't really tell the story behind them and we have to resort to third party sources that don't coincide with lucas's logic.....for example, according to other books i've read Boba Fett was from concord dawn and wasn't a clone..as a matter of fact he was a key figure that led to the destruction of them..also.......how does this make any sense.....Taun We says that Boba Fett was a gift from Tyrannue to Jango and that his makeup was altered so he would remain a child..hmmm..then how the heck did he become the bounty hunter that we all love??Explain THAT!

DarthBrandon
06-09-2002, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by FETT
don't get me wrong AOTC was like a million times better than the phantom which was a total joke if you asked me..........bottom line is that star wars should be about conflict, hate and not politics and romance...just a personal opinion....also i noticed a couple things about the trilogy and prequels......a lot of things happen in the prequels w/o much meaning....take the light sabre battles.....why do qui gonn and ben fight darth maul???..other than to kill off the sith??same goes with ben and anakin/yoda against dooku.........

in the trilogy luke fights vader in empire to try and save han and leia and he fights him in ROTF b\c he sees the good in him and wants to turn him to the good side of the force.....any1 else notice similar scenes in the prequels that didn't make any sense??

Here's my opinion on why Obi and Qui fight Darth Maul, it's because Darth Sidious tells him to. That's it, Sidious wants the Jedi dead and not interfering with his plans.

Originally posted by FETT
can't really agree with you on that already knowing the outcome bit, but yah there are too many stinking jedis in AOTC that don't really do anything but sit around and mope.lol...actually, that's a problem i find in a lot of star wars movies....they tease us with all these cool looking characters, but they don't really tell the story behind them and we have to resort to third party sources that don't coincide with lucas's logic.....for example, according to other books i've read Boba Fett was from concord dawn and wasn't a clone..as a matter of fact he was a key figure that led to the destruction of them..also.......how does this make any sense.....Taun We says that Boba Fett was a gift from Tyrannue to Jango and that his makeup was altered so he would remain a child..hmmm..then how the heck did he become the bounty hunter that we all love??Explain THAT!

1. Not all the Jedi will have a specific role in these films, most will be fillers for the background with one liners.
2. It would probably take three other Star Wars movies to tell the story of all these Jedi's.
3. George usually does not use any EU stuff in his films with the exception of the Jedi character who is like Jabba's Dancer from ROTJ except she's blue instead of green.
4. As for Boba I think George did this to please the fans and give him an origin. Second Boba is said by Taun We to be an unaltered clone. This means that his aging will not be rapid and that he will have a mind of his own. The Clonetroopers do not, they are taught certain things and to follow order. Boba is unaltered in this way, he will be able to think on his own, grow at an average rate, and do what he wants. Taun we said unaltered, I've seen it four times and I'm 100% sure that's what he said.
5. Who's to say that between Episode 2 and 3 he's doesn't go back to Kamino and get an age boost, so he can take care of business against Mace.

FETT
06-11-2002, 02:51 PM
brandon, thx for the insight on boba fett..-_-....i'm just so used to him being this reckless and evil bounty hunter and it was just hard seeing him as a child........i remember my first reaction when i saw the boba fett action figure.....oh i promised myself this time out i wasn't going to get hyped from the movie so i didn't know anything about it until i saw it.......so when i saw the figure i was like.......?????.......who the heck is this kid??..boba's pet dog??..lol....but yah.....he still showed some toughness and cunningness which we all adored about him in the trilogy.

and true about giving a life story about the jedis...the same holds true about the bounty hunters in empire....actually, i always wanted Lucas to come out with a movie exclusively about the bounty hunters...

DarthBrandon
06-11-2002, 07:03 PM
hum, a movie about bounty hunters, now that could be interesting.