PDA

View Full Version : Worst Star Wars book.

master jedi
09-16-2001, 06:46 PM
In my opinion the worst SW book I've read so far is Mysteries of the Sith 'cause it just didn't feellike a Star Wars book.

bigbarada
09-16-2001, 07:47 PM
I'd rate the Dengar story from Tales of the Bounty Hunters as worst SW story. But as for an actual full book, I haven't read many but I'd say the worst is Splinter of the Mind's Eye. Darth Vader 'dying' by tripping and falling into a hole was just shameful. What's worse is that people actually try to fit it into SW continuity.

GNT
09-17-2001, 02:58 AM
Any book i didn't mention in the "best" book thread:)

Lobito
09-17-2001, 05:09 PM
Hmmmm...the Tale of the bounty hunters comic book would take the cake. Well, i would put it as the book i enjoyed the less reading.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-17-2001, 06:04 PM
I really did not like the Stackpole X-Wing series, but no one book in it was so bad. I'd go with the last NJO book, Rebirth. Useless, filler book.

Rollo Tomassi
09-17-2001, 11:47 PM
Crystal Star. Nuff said.

El Chuxter
09-18-2001, 11:04 AM
The Crystal Star.

JEDIpartner
09-18-2001, 02:46 PM
Ahhhh... good call there Rollo!! I'm on-board with you and Chux! Definitely "The Crystal Star"...!

The Bald Ewok
09-18-2001, 07:44 PM
Yeah the Dengar story was pretty awful. It started ok, but went downhill after he went to Jabba's palace. Also, am I the only one who couldnt get into the Timothy Zahn stories? I found them to be long and boring...but that might just be me!

bigbarada
09-18-2001, 08:16 PM
I didn't like the Timothy Zahn yawn-fests either. But me and EU don't get along anyway so I thought it was just me.

master jedi
09-18-2001, 10:01 PM
The Crystal Star sucked a lot but it wasn't naerly as bad as Shadows of the Empire. I was realy disappointed by SotE.

The Bald Ewok
09-18-2001, 10:48 PM
Hey can anybody reccomend any good novels then? And also what about any other dictionaries. I have the visual dictionary, its cool and all, but its kind of short. I know that there is a book that costs about 150 or so, and I will get that one someday. I did order the essential weapons and aliens books, but I want something more. Any ideas????

Lobito
09-19-2001, 11:19 AM
There are lots and lots of good comic books and books, for instance pick up the Tales of the Mos Eisley Cantina, Tales from Jabba's Palace, (you will read those in no time). The Tales of the Jedi comic books are good IMO, specially the sith war, where a guy named Exar Kun uses a saber similar to Maul's. Stay away from the Battle of the bounty Hunters comic books (scrap book).

Now for guides, there are also a lot of them, but unfortunately most of them need to be updated. A good guide though would be the Star Wars chronicles (Essential guide line) if u dont have it go buy it!!

El Chuxter
09-19-2001, 11:32 AM
The Star Wars Encyclopedia (about $50) is another good reference book. Also, try to track down the Behind the Magic and Episode I Insider's Guide CD-ROMs.

JEDIpartner
09-20-2001, 12:32 PM
Those ROMs are the best pieces to own!! I can go back to those time and time again and still find all kinds of fascinating stuff about characters and (close to the vest) EU stuff. Very cool.