PDA

View Full Version : Master P and Star Wars

JetsAndHeels
05-21-2002, 10:17 PM
MTV premiered a new series tonight called "The Movie House." On tonight's episode, the rapper Master P interviewed George Lucas and Hayden Christensen.
Now, I dont have anything against Master P, but he was very annoying to me. First of all, he made the comment that he grew up with Star Wars. Then he said something like "I had all the swords." If he did grow up on Star Wars, you'd think he'd know they are called lightsabers. Just a thought.
Also when he interviewed George, he kept making the comment that EP3 should be called "Star Wars in the Ghetto." Ok that was funny but he kept repeating it over and over, then wrote it out on a sheet of paper like a contract or something.
Then when he was interviewing Hayden, he got to talking about his kiss scenes with Natalie. All of the sudden he asks Hayden: "So did you hit that?"
Come on!! What business is that, and besides, thats disrespectful to Natalie. Hayden smiled but I could tell he didnt really like it.
Did anyone else see this program? I am sure MTV will show it again, but I got the impression that Master P was sent there just to make fun of the movie and be as annoying as he could.

Jason B
05-21-2002, 10:22 PM
i dont have MT-TV, and even if i did, i wouldnt waste my time watching a rapper talk about Star Wars. :-/

wedgeA
05-21-2002, 10:32 PM
Sounds like a pile to me, but keep in mind what your're watching. I mean its MTV for God's sake. That's like going to a strip club and whining about the "forbidden fruit" shoved in your face. That network has got to have the dumbest viewers (teenagers), judging by the programming the show to cater to them.

Also, how could this piece of human garbage be so disrespectful to Natalie Portman!! That's terrible and I shall defend her honor to the death!! (hope she's reading this!)

JetsAndHeels
05-21-2002, 10:41 PM
Wedge, I am not whining about this. I was simply stating the point that Master P was irritating and he seemed to annoy Lucas and Christensen.
I am stating facts, not whining.

wedgeA
05-21-2002, 11:20 PM
Sorry JF, I did not mean to imply that you were "whining", I was just trying to say that it did not surprise me, as what else to expect from a pig but a grunt. I did not intend to criticize your remarks or opinions, again I apologize if I came of as contentious. Actually, I'm surprised that GL and HC would agree to this, I mean how much pubilicity does the film need? Although MTV and Master P can be scoffed at, why, if you were GL, would you accept the offer? The whole pitch must have screamed out "kick to the crotch!"

2-1B
05-22-2002, 03:28 AM
Thanks for the heads up, I'll check it out if it's on again.
Sounds :crazed:

icatch9
05-22-2002, 09:00 AM
I did not watch this program, but I will. I do not think it is fair to call teenagers dumb. That is not a very enlightened view. I am not a teenager, but I once was and never thought it was fair to be called dumb or stupid. Plus, I watch MTV and I am not a dumb viewer.

QLD
05-22-2002, 09:16 AM
At least they didn't play any Master P videos. You wanna talk about annoying?

JetsAndHeels
05-22-2002, 10:16 AM
Its ok wedge. I wasnt offended, I just wanted to say that I was just explaining the program, thats all.
Some people may see the program as funny, but when I looked at it my first impression was that Master P was obnoxious. Sure some things he said were funny, but when he made the comment about Natalie and all, I am sure she wouldnt like that. It kind of disrespects her.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-22-2002, 10:39 AM
Ooh, I would love to see that interview. This rapper sounds like a total ignoramus. Just out of curiosity, did he bring up the whole Jar Jar/racist thing at all?

The most annoying interview I've ever seen was on Leno where Will Sasso and Alex Borstein from MadTV were interviewing Samuel L. Jackson, GLu, and RickMC. They were driving Rick nuts by singing the SW theme while he was trying to talk about his butt-kissing techniques.

pthfnder89
05-22-2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by icatch9
I did not watch this program, but I will. I do not think it is fair to call teenagers dumb. That is not a very enlightened view. I am not a teenager, but I once was and never thought it was fair to be called dumb or stupid. Plus, I watch MTV and I am not a dumb viewer.

icatch9 - you're right that with any generalization, there are always many people who are unfairly grouped together when they clearly aren't the same.

On the other hand I can't say that I disagree with wedgeA on general principle. I watch Mtv on occasion but only for short amounts of time; it's clearly aimed at those with an attention span of about 7 seconds and the emotional maturity of, well, an Eminem video. This doesn't mean that anyone who watches Mtv is immature or unintelligent certainly(like i said, i watch it occasionally too), but I truly believe that those are the people that it is targeted towards.

And it *is* unfair to label ALL teenagers as idiots. Many of them aren't, and I'm only a couple years past being a teenager myself. But even when I was in my teens, I was depressed at how idiotic and intentionally stupid many of my peers were. And I sometimes laugh at the things that come out of my 18 y.o. brothers mouth .:rolleyes:

Brave Sir Robin
05-22-2002, 03:13 PM
I don't particularly like Hayden Christiensen either, but if I were in his shoes I would have personally removed Master P's head with a very small screwdriver.

BTW, I'm 15, but I hate MTV. So i guess that makes me one of the exceptions.

wedgeA
05-22-2002, 03:26 PM
Sarcasm, people, sarcasm! (insert smiley face here) Of course not EVERY teenager is a moron, there's at least a couple good ones in every state (insert another smiley face here). I don't know, when I look back, I cringe at myself in my teen years, and I was actually a pretty good kid. I found Family Matters to be funny back then, and I think that says it all.

Brave Sir Robin, just curious, but what's your issue with HC. I agree that he's not the next Brando, but at least he does not seem to be immersed in delusional self importance and granduer, ala Leo Dicraprio. Remember the days when he was rumoured to take over the part of Anakin? I guess there is some justice in the world.

Brave Sir Robin
05-22-2002, 09:26 PM
I've never seen him in any movies other than ATOC, and I just thought that his acting sucked terribly. Well, now I think of it, maybe it wasn't that his acting was bad, but he just did everything wrong. "If Obi-wan knew about my doing this he would be very grumpy." Urrgh. However, I would prefer to have him in a Star Wars film than, say, Leonardo DiCaprio or Freddie Prinze Jr, simply because they're big-time teenybopper stars, but he messed up all the romantic scenes that could have been better. I did really like the scene when his mother dies then he kills the sandpeople through til when he tells Padme about it. At that scene he WAS Vader. I loved that scene. But most of those scenes with him in it were just corny. "Everything here is....soft....and............smooth........." Yeeugh.

2-1B
05-23-2002, 11:54 AM
I watched it last night and found it silly. :crazed:
How about George hugging Master P? It was pretty funny . . . nice to see Ricky sneaking in a cigarette! :D

QLD
05-23-2002, 11:56 AM
Make em say uuuhhhhhhh.......Na Na Na Na.

Jedi Juice
06-11-2002, 07:04 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if Master P came out with a Star Wars song like he did for "Kenny's Dead" in the South Park movie? I think it would be better than any Star Wars song ever.

:crazed:

OK People, I'm just joking. I would never think that a rapper would make a song for Star Wars, no one would approve of it and it would bring down the franchise to smithereens. Anyway, I do happen to like Master P music and both Star Wars music so we're even.

Anywho, I just wanted to rattle some cages and I hope no one takes offense to this. Anyway, that's all.

Exhaust Port
06-11-2002, 07:26 PM
What's the "M" stand for in MTV again? I forgot.

QLD
06-11-2002, 07:38 PM
Moronic

Jedi Juice
06-11-2002, 11:21 PM
Well, they used to show music videos on MTV, although I haven't seen any in awhile. Heck, I really don't even watch MTV, except for the movie awards.