PDA

View Full Version : Weak Imperial's compaired to now

sunblind
05-22-2002, 09:15 AM
Watching Episode II, I thought. This Republican Army is way stronger than the one we eventually see as the Imperial Army.

Can you imagine, x-wings and Rogue fighters against all these Clone Troopers and Transports and all the clone ships either walking or flying an attacking?

I think the Imperial Army gets weak by the time Episode 4,5 and then completly weak in 6 to have the Ewoks help in beating them.

Anyone else?

scruffziller
05-22-2002, 01:09 PM
That may be due to Vader's wayning back to the light side, and his insubordination. Yep I do agree, they are pretty weak in ROTJ.

JEDIpartner
05-22-2002, 02:20 PM
The Stormtroopers were only there for comic relief. I'm convinced of that. ROTJ was like the bust out laughing film of the entire series. This is part of the reason why it was my least favourite. You also have the "dancing" AT-ST and the one that just "happened" to stop between those two tree trunks aimed at its head.

chris
05-22-2002, 07:15 PM
Id take Ewoks and dancing ATSTs any day over Jar Jar Binks though.

JediTricks
05-22-2002, 07:18 PM
I think they worked as a battle group well in Ep 2 mainly because it was a concentrated assault fresh from their training rather than later in the series when the Imperial forces were trying to be everywhere at once.

Also, the clone troopers are definitely fighting a full-scale battle here, while in the CT, they're only fending off small attacks from scattered rebel guerilla cell groups.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-22-2002, 08:02 PM
Do we ever see a full scale battle with the so-called Imperial Army? Not in ESB and I really don't think in ROTJ. Here are my possible reasons why...

1)It's not a good tactical move in the Hoth Battle due to better attacking capabilities of the AT-ATs over a bunch of troopers running around in snow.
2)The Empire is overconfident in its strategic position on Endor that it doesn't send out a scad of troopers to quell the rebels. Thus the Ewoks can outman the STs and can do guerilla warfare on them.
3)It wasn't feasible either manwise or $-wise to have a huge army battle in the movies, although we do get those DS2 shots of all the troops and officers greeting the Emperor. In AOTC all the guys are CG'd so it's easy to show a huge mano-a-mano battle.

chris
06-06-2002, 04:55 PM
or maybe, the Empire got really cheap, and just started cloning clones, giving us the humorously stupid stormtroopers who lost a battle to a bunch of ewoks.

darthvyn
06-06-2002, 05:00 PM
either that or they are suffering from the cellular breakdown that dolly the sheep succumbed to...