PDA

View Full Version : CNN's ticket out of Lucas land ...

Eternal Padawan
05-22-2002, 11:02 AM
This came from a link from www.darkhorizons.com

The day after CNN's Connie Chung did a live show from "Star Wars" auteur George Lucas' famed Skywalker Ranch, CNN was asked not to attend a "Star Wars: Attack of the Clones" press junket on the property. The Insider's tipsters said CNN was tossed off the ranch, but CNN says that's an exaggeration, that there was "no physical removal" of anyone, that there was a "conversation" and that "as conversations like that go, it was fairly cordial."

The tipsters also say that what apparently rubbed Mr. Lucas the wrong way was that Ms. Chung, in a taped piece that set up her live May 7 interview with the moviemaker, ever so lightly suggested that "Episode One: The Phantom Menace" was, "to most, a disappointment."

"For all its special effects, critics complained about stereotyping, stale plot lines, even racism," Ms. Chung summed up, followed by a sound bite from controversial "Phantom Menace" character Jar Jar Binks saying, "Oh, this is going to get messy."

At CNN, the stance is that Mr. Lucas expected a one-hour love letter and a wet kiss in return for the access CNN was allowed and didn't feel he got that.

A Lucasfilm spokeswoman, holding down the fort while principals spread out for "Clones" premieres around the world, said she could not comment on conversations with which she was unfamiliar, but added that "Clones"-inspired interviews still scheduled for CNN include a piece on Mr. Lucas' Industrial Light and Magic.

Copyright 2002 by Crain Communications

Darth-AWT
05-22-2002, 08:08 PM
Thats the same C**T that asked OklahomaCity FireFighters how they were handling the bombing of the P.Murray building. She made some comment that we were not capable of dealing with such a large scale disaster.. And promtly got fired for it..

Good for GL, people like her are always trying to force an angry reaction from the people they interview.
GL should not have to explain Ep1 or any of his work to people like that.

Eternal Padawan
05-23-2002, 01:06 AM
Excuse me Connie, but Episode 1 was a dissapointment to the tune of $431 million. Anytime a dissapointment like that happens at studios, somebody gets FIRED.

"Johnson, get in here!"

"Sir?"

"That new movie you greenlit? It only made $431 million at the box office! Can the sequel! You're fired!"

"Ulp! yessir..."

And what exactly is the difference between stereotyping and racism? Stale plot lines? Does Connie just pull buzz-words out of her rear? or does she do search engines on the internet...

If I were George, I would have retorted with "So, I heard Maury call you a 'dissappointment' in the sack..."

2-1B
05-26-2002, 12:13 AM
I didn't think she was prepared for the interview, I know it's not common knowledge to everyone that Yoda's weapon is a lightsaber and not a gun . . . but given the circumstances she should have known the issues.

DarthBrandon
05-26-2002, 12:33 AM
She's dumb for even saying things like that ( racism ) not!!
Episode 2 Flop ah! Duh! 431 Million Duh! not!
Connie Chung ah! Dumb A** Ya baby !
If ya don't know what your talkin about keep your trap shut B****.

tagmac
05-26-2002, 12:38 AM
Connie Chung is the same idiot who once asked a politician's mother what she thought, off the record, of Hilary Clinton. Connie even suggested that this woman whisper to her the response to keep it secret. Ms. Chung then immediately revealed to the audience what was said. Talk about dirty tricks! She has been a disgrace to the media for years. Why should her comments towards Lucas surprise anyone?

Eternal Padawan
05-26-2002, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by brandon
She's dumb for even saying things like that ( racism ) not!!
Episode 2 Flop ah! Duh! 431 Million Duh! not!
Connie Chung ah! Dumb All Ya baby !
If ya don't know what your talkin about keep your trap shut Bingo.

I'm sorry. Can someone translate that for me? :rolleyes: :p