PDA

View Full Version : Overwhelmed

Casual George
05-22-2002, 01:31 PM
I don't mean to complain but man there's too many figures out at once, I can't keep up. After the initial release I ran into the new Jango, Mace, Darth and Luke the other day and today I've found Orn Free Ta, Rebel soldier(Endor), Massif w/Geonosian, and Senator Palpatine. Seeing these guys on the shelf makes me want them bad but I've got to budget myself sensibly. Again, I'm glad to see all these guys out there but after many dry months I guess I'm just a bit overwhelmed. Is it just me or what?:crazed:

OriginalBryGuy
05-22-2002, 01:33 PM
Most have been waiting and got most of the figures on 4/23 but I guess that's what happens when a new Star Wars movie rolls in. Expect the same later for Episode III. After that there may not be another rollout of SW figs ever!

jedi_uk73
05-22-2002, 01:39 PM
Hasbro may do a 25th Anniversary set in 2008 for ROTJ. That may be the end of Star Wars stuff.

OriginalBryGuy
05-22-2002, 01:40 PM
Yea, they could keep doing resculpts forever, but without new movies, Star Wars figures will truly become even harder to find down the road.

eliwankenobi
05-22-2002, 01:59 PM
I feel the same way about the glut of SW figs available right now - there's just too many for the "collector on a budget". I have managed to pick up all the HTF figs and a few others, but I'm just biding my time with the pegwarmers. Maybe if WM or TGT has a sale (they usually do sooner or later) I can grab a lot of these at a lower cost.

Jaina Solo
05-22-2002, 02:06 PM
I know what you mean, Casual George. There's so much of the stuff that's out there right now that I want, I just can't afford it. (Or find it, but that's a whole 'nother story.) I try to budget myself, though. I've stopped going out of my way to look for figures, but if I'm somewhere like Wal Mart or Target I'll always look, and buy one or two figs if I find something I want. I'm holding off on some of the pegwarmers, too. I mean, I could use a Captain Pegwarmer (Typho), but chances are he's still going to be there in a couple weeks.

OriginalBryGuy
05-22-2002, 02:12 PM
I had money saved up but could only buy half of the figures that came out at midnight madness. I was bumming. The glut is good tho if you think about it, the longer they stay on the shelf, the more time you have to eventually find and buy the ones you want. At least, that's how I look at it. I mean, I spend more having dinner out, then picking up one star wars figure a week. It doesn't break you if you pace yourself.

Beast
05-22-2002, 02:12 PM
Yeah, a total of 40 figures are out there now, it's crazy. Which means, if Hasbro is sticking to only 52 figures this year, it's going to get really bad at the end of the year. Though, like Tycho and myself have heard, that number could have been the original plan, cause we both heard of a possible 90 figures total this year.

I think if that's true, it includes Deluxe figures also. But that is still a crazy ammount. But I think it has to be somewhat true, since we have 40 figures already out. If there were only 12 more basic figures left to come out, we would only be getting 2 figures a month for the next 6-7 months. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Fulit
05-22-2002, 02:54 PM
It's even more frustrating when they're slinging out all this new stuff, and you can't even find any of it. I'm still looking for the Orn Free Ta wave, not to mention the Luke wave. All there is here is thousands of Kit Fricking Fisto and the like.

Casual George
05-22-2002, 02:58 PM
Dude, I'm in LR as well. The Target over on Chenal is where I found Orn Free Ta and friends. I was over there at noon, they may still have some. Good Luck.

Forhekset
05-22-2002, 03:02 PM
It is a little crazy...so far I've spent nearly $200 in less than a month, and I only collect the basic figures :crazed:

It isn't that I personally feel overwhelmed, but my bank account is starting to buckle a little bit under the pressure. Still...I love seeing SW paraphenelia all over the place at almost every single store I go into. I'm just trying to not go overboard and buy every single thing I see. I'm passing up any figure I don't think looks that great, I'm not buying any deluxe, no vehicles, etc. I might go back and pick up some deluxe or vehicles when they drop the price a little or I can afford it more easily, but I think as someone said, the key is to pace yourself. If you think about it, lots of people probably spend at least $200 in a month on eating out, going to the movies, going out for drinks, buying cigarettes, etc. So I don't really feel bad.

But the swarm of figures is a little maddening when I still can't find Bespin Luke/Vader, yet I've found most of the Orn Free Taa wave and the other half of the Bespin Wave (Mace and Jango) :)

OriginalBryGuy
05-22-2002, 03:25 PM
Luckily I was able to find Orn, Vader, and Luke during a midnight run after a late show of Spider-Man. I haven't seen them since.

Forhekset
05-22-2002, 03:42 PM
Right now I can find almost any figure with ease EXCEPT Bespin Vader, Bespin Luke, Palpatine, and Djas Puhr (the last two being so new I'm not really surprised they're nowhere to be found). Heck, last night when I picked up a Massiff for a friend plus a couple more Royal Guards, I saw 3 Orn Free Taas right there in plain view.