PDA

View Full Version : Why is there no good Jaba figure from ROTJ?

Jedi Master Zolbewan
05-22-2002, 02:35 PM
Why is this so?

Lord Tenebrous
05-22-2002, 02:41 PM
I like the vintage version, personally. It was a good mix of comical and repulsive, which I'm sure added extra play value. :)

OriginalBryGuy
05-22-2002, 02:42 PM
Jabba figure? Well, he's a big slug. haha What kind of Jabba figure would you like to see?

QLD
05-22-2002, 02:43 PM
How about a big jelly-like version of him. Kind of solid.....but with a jelly-like give to him. That would be neat. Or retarded. Not sure which yet.

bigbarada
05-22-2002, 02:44 PM
You've stumbled upon one of the great mysteries of the 21st century.:)

Who knows? I think Hasbro is a little wary of releasing another figure of everyone's favorite slug since the three versions they released before weren't too well recieved (ANH:SE Jabba with Han; Jabba Glob; Spitting Jabba with Fode and Beed). Of course Hasbro has never really taken into account that those versions of Jabba probably didn't sell well because they sucked!

OriginalBryGuy
05-22-2002, 02:47 PM
Ok, since we're musing here. How about a kinda "technical" version of jabba where his skin peels back revealing the 3 guys controlling him inside! heh heh..that'd be neat.

Beast
05-22-2002, 02:48 PM
The only Jabba that has actually been any good in my opinion, is the Jabba Glob version. It's aleast about the correct size, and the coloring looks correct for ROTJ. We do need a nice Deluxe set, of Jabba w/Dias and Pipe and Bowl. Toss in a decent new sculpt of Bib Fortuna and make everyone happy. Oh, and the Jawa w/ the fan wouldn't hurt either. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

OriginalBryGuy
05-22-2002, 02:56 PM
At this point I could almost see them doing the Jabba from Episode I when he's at the Pod Race. Make the balcony, Bib, and the new girl in the slave leia outfit. Put the gong right next to him! But they could still do a new Jedi version at some point.

Forhekset
05-22-2002, 03:46 PM
A new Jabba w/ Bib would totally rock.

corporal AMF
05-22-2002, 05:17 PM
Don't understand why in 19 years they could never make a figure that is right !:frus: I mean Jabba is very easy to scult (Me thinks), is in a bigger size than a figure, can come with his accesories.....maybe with the upcoming cantina packs, there will be Jabba's palace packs....new Bib, new j'quille , new hermi oddle :)
Isn't it a good idea?

DarthMaulSithLord
05-22-2002, 05:22 PM
The E1 Jabba Glob version is pretty accurate. And if that isn't enough, he can also drool all over himself and you can squeeze him! Looks just like ROTJ Jabba.

:D

Taichi
05-22-2002, 05:22 PM
It's a great idea, it stinks that the best Jabba we've gotten thus far, is 19 years old already!!!!

they need to make a large Jabba with PVC (Not Rubbery) skin....kinda like the Rancor......

if they do rubber skin, they're gonna have the same problem the LOTR Cave Troll has......dryrotting.......

DarthMaulSithLord
05-22-2002, 05:35 PM
Huh? What do you mean? What will happen to my sweeet Cave Troll? Can i somehow prevent it?

:confused:

Beast
05-22-2002, 05:44 PM
It's gonna deteriate over time, unless you take careful care of it. Wash your hands before handling it, and you may wanna powder it it with Talcum powder like you would a halloween mask. Oxygen and the oils from your hands are the quickest things that will start the skin to go to hell. You may wanna consider a plastic Display case to keep it in. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

yukface27
05-22-2002, 06:36 PM
Yeah, it is really lame that they haven't made a really cool Jabba yet. I think the best by far is the Jabba glob. I think his drooling effect is lame, but it's really cool that he can eat those little creatures he comes with (what are those?).
I remember a long while ago, when I was on AOL (lets not talk about that) this guy said he worked for Hasbro or had a brother that worked for Hasbro. Well, he told me that Hasbro was in the planning stages of making a Jabba's Palace Playset, with a brand new Jabba. He told me in very detailed description how it was gonna look like and it sounded really cool. The sad thing is, that was about four years ago. Bummer.
I really want a nice looking Jabba. It would be so cool to make an awesome diorama of Jabba and all of the palace locals. Man, I'm still ****ed that I missed out on the Max Rebo band two packs. I've always wanted a Max Rebo fig. I'm not greedy, as long as I got him I'd be happy, I don't need the whole band. Anyone know where it's possibly to get some of those two-packs?

SithDroid
05-23-2002, 01:02 AM
Perhaps George only thinks that the CGI Jabba is worthy of a figure.

Croaker
05-23-2002, 08:23 AM
I took the beast pack Jabba, tore his arms off, pried his head open, re-affixed it facing the right way, glued the arms back on, and then repainted it.
It looks ok now.
It sits with honour in my home-made jabba's palace diorama.

stillakid
05-23-2002, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Croaker
I took the beast pack Jabba, tore his arms off, pried his head open, re-affixed it facing the right way, glued the arms back on, and then repainted it.
It looks ok now.
It sits with honour in my home-made jabba's palace diorama.

Please post photos!

QLD
05-23-2002, 12:10 PM
Yeah, I'd like to see the pictures of that Jabba.

I still think the idea of a jelly-like one would rule. Kind of like the old stretch armstrongs or something, but made out of a durable material. After all, he is a slug-like creature.

DarthMaulSithLord
05-23-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
It's gonna deteriate over time, unless you take careful care of it. Wash your hands before handling it, and you may wanna powder it it with Talcum powder like you would a halloween mask. Oxygen and the oils from your hands are the quickest things that will start the skin to go to hell. You may wanna consider a plastic Display case to keep it in. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Please tell me you're kidding!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Forhekset
05-23-2002, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by yukface27
It would be so cool to make an awesome diorama of Jabba and all of the palace locals. Man, I'm still ****ed that I missed out on the Max Rebo band two packs. I've always wanted a Max Rebo fig. I'm not greedy, as long as I got him I'd be happy, I don't need the whole band. Anyone know where it's possibly to get some of those two-packs?

My grandma bought me a Max Rebo set when I was young (right as ROTJ had come out theatrically). He came with the little keyboard and everything, and I think I had Sy Snootles (is that her name?) too. Darn I wish I still had that. I missed out on the two-packs as well :(

Beast
05-23-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by DarthMaulSithLord
Please tell me you're kidding! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Nope, I'm not. Those same care instructions were posted about the Evil Dead: Book of the Dead DVD case, that is made out of a similar "Halloween Mask" rubber. Just take good care of it, and pray that you got one that doesn't rot. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Croaker
05-24-2002, 09:00 AM
I won't be able to get any pics of my Jabba for a while since it is in Canada and I am in England.