PDA

View Full Version : Anyone calling WM / TRU for new fig info?

sunblind
05-22-2002, 02:48 PM
Has anyone gotten any rotten luck with calling Walmart or Toys R Us and getting the apple thrown at'em? I'm wondering to call either or instead to find out if new figures have arrived or not.

Has anyone tried this?

Jaina Solo
05-22-2002, 02:52 PM
I've thought about it, but I guess it never occured to me that they might know. Your avarage WM or TRU employee seems really clueless sometimes. As in, "Star Wars? Do they still make those toys?" Dunno, though. If you could get someone with a clue on the phone, it would be easier than going down there.

My local Targets have signs posted, though, saying they won't hold collectable toys for people, so if you call and they have something you want, I wouldn't wait too long.

Forhekset
05-22-2002, 02:55 PM
Target stores in my area also have those signs. They won't look in the back for you, they won't open cases, they won't hold figures, etc. I think it's like a storewide thing.

I tried calling TRU 2 weeks ago or so to see if they had the Bespin wave yet and the guy just said, Which figures do you want? I explained, "Bespin Luke, and Bespin Vader...". He said uh, ok, you need to talk to Paul, hang on a minute. Then he put me on hold for like 5 minutes so I just hung up. I tried calling back a while later and the guy just said, we haven't gotten a truck in today, I don't know what we have, the best thing to do is just come down and look. Gee thanks :rolleyes:

eliwankenobi
05-22-2002, 04:41 PM
For figures I don't bother to call because I just figure that noone is going to be acute enough to know what it is I'm after, especially with the different styles out there (i.e. 3 Jangos)...

"You want what? What's it look like? How do you spell that? You said Star Cars? What's that?"

The one time I did do some calling around was trying to find a TIE Bomber - and this just reaffirms my belief that WM employees are CLUELESS!!

"You want a Star Wars necktie? You need the clothing dept., not toys."

Ugh!

JediTricks
05-22-2002, 08:58 PM
Calling has been worthless for me since '98. It's a total joke now, employees are surly when they're not LYING to my ear.

Dar' Argol
05-22-2002, 10:59 PM
The best time to call is around 6-8am. This is when the Dept Managers are in, and they should be finished or soon finishing frieght from the night b/4. They should be able to tell you right away if there was any new cases that came in. If you call anytime past 4pm all you have are the high school I'm just here to get a pay check and that's all type. They know NOTHING!!!!

sunblind
05-23-2002, 06:26 AM
thats good to know, if i'm ever in the mood to call.