PDA

View Full Version : Best time and place to buy figures.

OriginalBryGuy
05-22-2002, 04:27 PM
Ok, list what you think is the best place to shop for figures and what hours of the day.

For me it's Wal-Mart after 12 midnight, before 8 in the morning. :sur:

R2-D2
05-22-2002, 04:31 PM
TRU the day after the truck has come in.

I agree with Wal-Mart before 8.

K-mart on Saturdays and Mondays.

bigbarada
05-22-2002, 04:41 PM
Wal-Mart at about five or six in the morning.

DarthMaulSithLord
05-22-2002, 04:44 PM
Place: US.
Time: Anytime.

:)

Forhekset
05-22-2002, 04:46 PM
Right now 2 different Super Targets are my goldmines. TRU still has the same godawful selection they had right around 4/23. A whole bunch of pegwarmers and not a lot else (though I did a couple Dookus there Monday). As for Wal-Mart....pfft. I've seen a Royal Guard or two and like one Taun We there, but they've also still got tons of the old figures no one needs anymore. Either they're not stocking much of anything new or the scalpers clean them out before daylight. I'm not the type of guy who goes to stores in the middle of the night, so I have to find my stuff on my lunch break, or right after work, or right as a store opens on weekends. Lately I've found great stuff in the late afternoon at Super Target, like most of the Orn Free Taa wave and a ton of Royal Guards :)

OriginalBryGuy
05-22-2002, 04:49 PM
The further from Indianapolis you go the more you seem to find. There's more then corn in Indiana...there's STAR WARS FIGURES. haha

Taichi
05-22-2002, 05:09 PM
Place: TRU

Time: Winter 2000-2001

Price: $1.97 apiece for everything Commtech and Freeze Frame.....EVERYTHING

too bad I didn't collect SW then, I coulda made out like a Bandit!!!

QLD
05-22-2002, 05:24 PM
I go to Wal-Mart around 2-3 in the morning, usually with my best success. I have also had success going in mid afternoon on weekdays while most people are at work.

eliwankenobi
05-22-2002, 05:28 PM
I've had the most success with Targets on Sunday mornings; and TRUs on Friday afternoons. I haven't noticed a pattern at WMs; I haven't found anything notable at any of those - mostly leftover MM stuff.
I have no idea when the trucks come in, I just hit a few places on my lunch break and maybe on the way home, and either Sat. or Sun mornings if I'm not doing anything else.
I figure I'll find what I want sooner or later.

pthfnder89
05-22-2002, 05:31 PM
Wal-MArt is the best shot around me, although Target and TRU have both been seeing new figures. I can usually only stop at WM after work though so I'm lucky if there's anything left :(

Jedi Drew
05-22-2002, 05:59 PM
Wal-Mart between 8 and 10 in the morning (since they don't have any 24Hr stores around here). Target usually at 8:30 A.M. TRU is really a crap shoot. We really shouldn't post these times and stores since the scalpers will read these posts and beat us in the hunt....just a thought. HH:) :)

Beast
05-22-2002, 06:56 PM
Check out Tycho's poll, to read more about the best times to find figures in your local stores. Careful though, there is alot of complaining in it. :D

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4965

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

earl
05-22-2002, 07:09 PM
anywhere in the US and anytime of the day.
since im from the philippines, starwars toys are friggin rare here, but you can buy them at the local hobby/collectible shop for like 5 times the normal price.

Forhekset
05-22-2002, 08:27 PM
To further illustrate my point about Super Target, I walked in there around 5:20 pm today after work. Found Bespin Vader, 3 Bloody Bespin Lukes :) W00t! And they also had a few Jango Final Battles, a BUNCH of Geonosian Rescue Mace Windus (I guess you Mace-haters on the forum have a lot of like-minded friends out there - this guy is already turning into a pegwarmer), and a couple of Massiffs and Endor Rebel Soldiers. Super Target rules :D

Thunder408
05-22-2002, 10:18 PM
all the stores, walmarts, kmarts, toys r us, targets and good over here, but theres a ton of scalpers just unbelievable! i used to go to TRU when it opens, and see the same weirdos out there everyday, given that im a student in college... they are grown men. Not to be mean, but don't they have to go to work and make a living? or does buying out all the hot toys make that much money? Just today went to walmart got luminara and red royal guard... tons left over. Went back to the same walmart later to buy some stuff, checked the starwars section and everything was gone... DAYAM i say.

Best times for me are before lunch, usually the morning scalpers will get all the good stuff... but there's not much of them... the lunch time/after work scalpers get it all... gotta hunt and get the figures before they do.

looks like i'm writing an anti-scalper post, sorry

Mandalorian Candidat
05-23-2002, 01:47 PM
I was at a supertarget when they opened this morning and found 3/4 of the Orn wave.

I've been finding more stuff like Dookus and Yodas as well as the last three POTJ waves at TRU on Fri. afternoons right around lunch time.

Wal-Mart's been the same-ole-same-ole since 4/23, but they put the stuff out in the mornings around 9 or 10 I belive.

KMart hasn't had jack except for BoShek. I don't think they're replenishing their stock of SAGA stuff, which blows cause I'd like to be able to use a coupon for a free deluxe figure.