PDA

View Full Version : 12" Clone Troopers (Red & Yellow)

sjg
05-22-2002, 07:26 PM
I just bought red and yellow 12" clone troopers at KB Toys, but I can't find any info on these on the collecting sites. Any help? Are they exclusives, etc?

Thanks,

sjg

CooLJoE
05-22-2002, 07:28 PM
They aren't supposed to be released til sometime in June. Or do you mean you pre-ordered them from kbtoys. Thats the only way I know to get them right now.

And yes they are exclusives to kbtoys.

sjg
05-22-2002, 07:31 PM
Nice :) I bought them right off the shelf.

sjg

Beast
05-22-2002, 07:37 PM
Looks like they are avaliable now. Everybody that wants these guys need to hit their local KB's. Seems that it's not just the 4" figures that are appearing earlier then intended. May want to start watching the stores for AOTC's 12" Wave 2 as well. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

sjg
05-22-2002, 07:47 PM
Here is a pic...

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/3dartwork/clone_troopers.jpg

sjg

Battle Droid
05-22-2002, 07:54 PM
How much were they?

sjg
05-22-2002, 08:15 PM
Normal KB price for 12" inch figures - $21.99 each.

Also, I wanted to post the stamped production dates, which are different.

Yellow Clone Commander - 20801

Red Clone Trooper - 20961

White Clone Troopers - 20731

Also, the bottom, left, side/front picture on each box shows the red or yellow trooper, but the back on both shows the white trooper.

The C-022E codes below "Made in China" are much larger on the KB exclusives.

The small green "Hasbro" logo is on the top of the KB exclusives' box, but it is on the bottom of the regular white trooper box.

The small green "Hasbro" logo is on the bottom, right section of the front box panel on the KB exclusives, while it is not there on the White Troopers.

Assortment Numbers - KB exclusives
White Trooper - 32494/32493 Asst.
Red Trooper - 26777/26775
Yellow Trooper - 26776/26775

White Trooper Assembly Error - The arm's armor panel right above the elbow panel, on both of my White Trooper figures, is turned around. On the KB exclusive figures that have stripes painted down the same panel, and the panel is turned correctly.

Both KB exclusives have 4 dots on the chest.

PAINT VARIATIONS!
1) The White Troopers Helmets have a small, black line painted in the grove at the bottom of the helmet. The KB exclusives do not have a black line painted in the groove.

2) The White Trooper's chin helmet indentation is unpainted. The KB exclusives chin helmet indentation is painted black.

3) The top of the legs on the White Trooper are sprayed with a beige dust-colored paint, but the KB exclusive has clean, unpainted white legs.

4) The feet on the White Troopers seem to have a heavy orange-colored dust spray. The KB exclusives have clean feet.

5) The mouth painting is very different from the White Troopers and the KB exclusives. On the White Troopers, there are 6 black painted holes on the mouth. On the KB exclusives, there are more correct 10 black painted holes.

Also, the Yellow Clone Commander's yellow paint is different colors on different parts. The hands, elbow panels, and helmet have a darker (orange-ish) color than the other parts.

The box colors between the White Troopers and the KB exclusives seem different too. The White Trooper's boxes are darker and more saturated (meaning the colors are darker and more vibrant).

sjg

sjg
05-22-2002, 10:32 PM
Holy Moley, Batman! ANOTHER paint variation, #6. I just noticed this.

The black, visor helmet paint on the White Trooper is dark and shiny, while the paint on the KB exclusives visors are dull and greyish.

sjg

Wonderboy
05-22-2002, 10:55 PM
normally I would be all over the 12" clone troopers...but their legs are way too short. It's like the Kimino Cloners cloned Emanuel Lewis and not Jango Fett...

CooLJoE
05-22-2002, 11:52 PM
I like my 12" white clone trooper alot. They have to be seen (out of box) to be appreciated. When I bought mine I started to feel like it wasn't worth $20. But after taking him out and messing with the articulation, I realized how cool he is.

I can't wait to get the red and yellow ones.

BTW, the error would more or less be on the red and yellow when it comes to the light beige paint on the legs and dark red on the feet. That paint is from them being on Geonosis. The red and yellow (although doesn't bother me), should have that same paint on the legs and feet.

Beast
05-22-2002, 11:58 PM
Actually, the absense of the red/beige sandy paintjob on the boots of the Red and Yellow Clones isn't that much of a error. Since it was the basic troopers that were doing most of the actual ground fighting. So, it's not that big of a deal. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

sjg
05-23-2002, 12:27 AM
Another subtle difference...

The White Trooper plastic torso armor is much more shiny than the KB exclusives dull plastic torso armor.

sjg

CooLJoE
05-23-2002, 01:56 AM
JJB - True, but remember the red clones were leading the white clones into battle ON the ground. Same with yellow (with the pilots as exception, but those were different clones than the regular yellow ones. Different helmet fin).

Lman316
06-03-2002, 04:11 PM
The exclusive from KB...the yellow one. Does anyone own it?
I've passed this figure up twice (because I don't usually collect 12". I definitely want a Dooku though, and I've been thinking about other 12" figures too) and I think I'm starting to regret it.
If anyone could tell me if this figure is worth the $21.99 (I get $3 off with my coupon!), I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

End :).

Edit: No one owns this one?

JediTricks
06-04-2002, 11:11 PM
There was a thread about this one when it first was found: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8782

derek
06-04-2002, 11:23 PM
i have the white clone trooper, and he's one of my favorite 12 inch figures. of course i did a body swap, to a 21st century super soldier body, so he now super-articulated, but he's well worth the $20 i spent on him.

i just got ship notifications from KB toys for my red and yellow troopers. can't wait to get those guys.

a friend of mine who is a casual fan, saw my modified clone trooper yesterday, and said, "i bet that cost a lot."

it's not marmit quality, but the super soldier body really does improve the figure.:)

get him, and a $9 SS body and you'll be pleased.:)

chris
06-06-2002, 04:24 PM
Yes, i am looking forward to the yellow clone trooper, it looks cool.

The Darth Vader
06-19-2002, 06:48 PM
Can you post some pictures of your body-swapped Clone Thanks!

WedgeAntilles
06-19-2002, 07:41 PM
hi guys, this is my first posting, please have mercy;)

here in sydney, i have seen the clone commander and clone captain selling at toys r us. how are they different from the kb exclusives? they are going for about $70AUD.

figrin bran
06-19-2002, 09:17 PM
i have one but i don't usually open up my 12" figures...but my advice would be to just buy one and start up a 12" collection :)

derek
06-19-2002, 11:37 PM
wedge,
if they are the 12 inch clone troopers with red and yellow markings, they are the same as the kb toys exclusives.:)

the darth vader,

sure.:)

here is a pic of my clonetrooper on a super soldier body.

derek
06-19-2002, 11:39 PM
and here is another. i had to trim the arm armor down because it was too big, add a long sleeved black shirt because the hasbro body suit was too short. and i've used 21st century gloved hands instead of the hasbro hands.:)

Thunderstorm1
06-20-2002, 12:02 AM
I purchased both the red clone trooper and the yellow clone commander and highly recommend both. They are great additions to my 12" collection and look great on my 12"wall

RAVAZ
06-20-2002, 02:07 AM
I would get them to if I culd afford it. I seen them a few times at KB and passed. Maybe next time.

JediTricks
06-22-2002, 12:08 AM
I finally saw the red one in person, I was very impressed with how well the red color was infused with the armor, but the eyeshield and gun weren't lusterous enough IMO. Still, I'll get these before I get the regular one, I like the non-muddy look.

derek
06-22-2002, 12:12 AM
hey jeditricks,

i bet you could remove the painted on "dirt" the standard trooper has with some nail polish remover or paint thinner.:)

or you could get an extra red clone trooper and swap out the clean leg armor with the dirty armor.:)

JediTricks
06-22-2002, 06:08 AM
It looks pretty deep in there, possibly mixed into the plastic itself. And since I'm not a huge fan of this character anyway, I can't see myself buying 2 of it. ;) But I would be interested to hear if anybody has tried what you suggest.

JediWannaBe
06-22-2002, 12:26 PM
Last time I checked, KB.com was SOLD OUT for the second time.
I have an extra pair if someone needs them, PLMK

Darth Cruel
06-26-2002, 05:45 PM
Did anyone else notice that if you remove the rear 1/3 of the 12" Troopers' rifles, they are just the 12" Stormtrooper rifles upside down and without pistol grips?

Ook
06-26-2002, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by derek
and here is another. i had to trim the arm armor down because it was too big, add a long sleeved black shirt because the hasbro body suit was too short. and i've used 21st century gloved hands instead of the hasbro hands.:)

Hasbro could learn from you.

JediJeff77
06-26-2002, 07:45 PM
Thunderstorm1 post pics, I wanna see your wall!

Ook
06-27-2002, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by JediWannaBe
Last time I checked, KB.com was SOLD OUT for the second time.
I have an extra pair if someone needs them, PLMK
Hey, I PMed you to ask if you have any other 12" for trade. You happen to have a scout??

Sean the Hutt
06-27-2002, 03:59 AM
yep picked up one of each..the girl put two of each out when she saw I was only looking at star wars!

jedi master sal
06-27-2002, 09:23 AM
I have the red and am axiously awaiting my purchase of the yellow.

StoneyFett
07-01-2002, 03:10 AM
Just put one on hold today, didn't have money or my bank card. Gonna go back tomorrow to pick it up. Before today I'd only seen one red one, each of the two times I looked. Today when I went, the lady had just put out two red and a yellow. Just when I was going to be disappointed, the lady told me i could put it on hold for 24 hours. I told her to consider it sold by tomorrow.;)

abell748
07-01-2002, 09:39 AM
JediWannaBe,
I have a red one but need a yellow one. If you have an extra to get rid of PLMK. My email is btabell@hotmail.com. Thanks.

JediWannaBe
07-01-2002, 05:31 PM
abell 748 YGM

JediWannaBe
07-26-2002, 10:54 PM
Just letting everyone know that the 12" RED and YELLOW ATOC Clone troopers are back in stock at KBKIDS.COM.

FYI

JediJeff77
07-27-2002, 12:52 AM
Cool Thanks!!
Just ordered mine.
Use coupon code: DENNYTOYS
This is good for $5.00 off!!
If you are ordering a video game, use: DENNYVGMS for $5.00 off, they will only let you use one code per order, hope this helps someone out!
-J

Bent Wookie
09-03-2002, 09:09 PM
Hey all, been a little busy of late. What's new?

Haven't seen any KB clones lately. Are they still shipping to KB's? Or were they limited edition or something? The website's sold out too. When can we expect more? Or can we?

mini-rock
09-03-2002, 09:48 PM
I believe they were limited to 18,000. Not too sure though. The KB's around S. Seattle haven't had any in a long time.

Darth Cruel
09-03-2002, 11:00 PM
It has been about a week since I went to KB, but until then they were warming the shelves here (So Cal). I would bet that you will still be able to find them for a while.