PDA

View Full Version : Why did they do this?

bandontherun
05-22-2002, 08:11 PM
Why'd they take some of the figures out of print? (Sorry don't know best words to describe it) I've been trying to get Wuher and Ree-Yees for a while now and have never seen them.

atomicmaniac
05-22-2002, 10:20 PM
They just rotate figures out. A figure is made available for a while and then gets booted out for a newer one, other wise the cases would have to be huge for the dozens and dozens of different figures that they would be shipping. Also they can only sell so many, if the same figures kept shipping we would 100's of the older ones piling up while people only bought the newer ones, you can only sell so many of a particular figure. In the case of the 2 you mentioned they were made available mostly through the fan club so the really never hit the stores and Hasbro probably assumes that everybody that wanted one got one when it was available, I know that there were available for a hell of a long time through the club

QLD
05-23-2002, 12:40 PM
Yeah, I got mine through the fan club, but because of it's age you can't really expect it to still bein mass production.

I understand how you feel though, I am still looking for that Zuckuss figure, though I think I finally have one through a trade! Wooooooo!

bandontherun
05-23-2002, 07:20 PM
I couldn't afford Fan Club membership then, just got a SW Insider now and then.

Firebird
05-28-2002, 01:12 PM
You do not have to be a member of the fan club to buy their figures.

ACPin
05-29-2002, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by bandontherun
Why'd they take some of the figures out of print? (Sorry don't know best words to describe it) I've been trying to get Wuher and Ree-Yees for a while now and have never seen them.
Wuher was a FC exclusive but showed up in the TRU clearance sales for $2 each. Ree-Yees was also offered as a two pack with the DS Trooper by the FC. It also had a limited release on the retail side, never heard about it on sale. The oversupply of E1 figures was largely to blame since retail stores that were not able to sell the merchandise didn't order the later waves.

jjreason
05-29-2002, 12:36 PM
I think the distribution on that Ree Yees wave was pretty inconsistent. Most of Canada never saw him for retail, and there were others. Ishi Tib, Piett, Darth removable, Zuckuss....I wound up buying these from US sellers at high prices well after their supposed release. Oh well, good luck. Maybe you can find one with a slightly damaged card or something to make the cost more fair.