PDA

View Full Version : When is Jedi Starfighter Pilot Obi-Wan coming out?

DeadEye
05-22-2002, 08:44 PM
He's the figure right after Orn Free Taa...and I've seen that one in my local wal-mart. Any ideas?

Beast
05-22-2002, 08:49 PM
Should be shipping now, as figures up thru #40 are out there. They were scheduled for June, so I think we will start getting reports of the wave turning up any day now. They may have already been found, just not by anyone that comes here. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Wonderboy
05-22-2002, 10:57 PM
Anyone know when this is suppose to be out? Is it included with the Han Solo, Chewbacca wave? What about the Padme Pilot? Any ideas???

Beast
05-22-2002, 11:09 PM
Here is the answers you seek about Obi-Wan:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=91153

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8792

As for the Padme: Pilot, she should be popping up in July. But with the way that everything is shipping early. I wonder if she will pop up at the end of June. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Wonderboy
05-23-2002, 12:53 AM
Thanks JarJar! We can always count on you to have the answers! Thanks buddy! :happy:

lurk_shady
05-23-2002, 02:39 AM
Is the Palpatine the short packed one, or is there a ton of both he and Djas in the case assortment? Thanks!

Beast
05-23-2002, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by lurk_shady
Is the Palpatine the short packed one, or is there a ton of both he and Djas in the case assortment? Thanks!
Palpatine is in Collection 2, and is evenly packed like all the figures have been so far. The current case that Palpy is in, breaks down like this:

2 x Geonosian Warrior
2 x Dexter Jettster (Coruscant Informant)
2 x Qui-Gon Jinn (Jedi Master)
2 x Endor Rebel Soldier (with Goatee)
2 x Supreme Chancellor Palpatine
2 x Djas Puhr (Alien Bounty Hunter)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

sunblind
05-23-2002, 07:29 AM
well around here, only 1-31 have been found.

Casual George
05-23-2002, 04:57 PM
I'm in AR and I just found the Bespin Wave and Orn Free Ta Wave this past week. Hopefully Obi-Wan isn't far behind.

DarthMaulSithLord
05-23-2002, 06:01 PM
Hasbro should take all the Qui-Gon's out, melt them down and adjust the quantities of both Palpatine and the Endor Soldier.

:)

Beast
05-23-2002, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by DarthMaulSithLord
Hasbro should take all the Qui-Gon's out, melt them down and adjust the quantities of both Palpatine and the Endor Soldier. :)
They can do that, but they better wait until after I get one. I am suprised they didn't put any Orn Free Taa's or Massiff's in the case. But they've been rotating the case assortments, so I expect the next case will have them rotated back in it. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

CrunchyNug
05-23-2002, 06:42 PM
A quick question, does anyone know if Obi-Wan's pilot headgear is removable? I think this would be pretty difficult for Hasbro to pull off, but would make the figure that much better.

Beast
05-23-2002, 06:47 PM
Sorry CrunchyNug, it's not removable. It would be very difficult and out of scale, if they would have made it a seperate removable piece. But you should be able to do a head swap with the Corsurant Chase figure, if you can't wait for Hasbro to make another Obi-Wan. Which we all know they will. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

fourtwo
05-23-2002, 06:56 PM
all they need to do now is make the ring for the starfighter a pack in with a future obi wan.

DarthMaulSithLord
05-23-2002, 07:28 PM
The new Obi Pilot sucks! Just look at that terrible head! Ugh, they should have called him Obi-Frankenobi.

:(

DrewDewce
05-23-2002, 10:13 PM
Highest I've seen is still Orn Free Ta. Scads of Bespin Wave at TRU today . . .

pthfnder89
05-23-2002, 11:36 PM
I can't wait for Pilot Obi.:)

I really like the new Pilot Padme also, but I honestly, the only Padme figure I want at all is one with her totally white Geonosian outfit before she gets all trashed. (or even after shes gets trashed as long as it's better than the first awful one.)

JEDIpartner
05-24-2002, 11:44 AM
I with you there!

In all honesty, The white outfit Padme would be so easy for them to sculpt. The shawl piece would be a cinch given how they've been sculpting the capes on this line!

DarthMaulSithLord
05-24-2002, 05:41 PM
I think it sucks. Why make a Padmé Pilot fig first that has only been in the movie for 30 seconds. I'd rather see some other more important versions before this one.

Beast
05-24-2002, 05:52 PM
Padmé: Pilot is one of her major outfits. Besides, Hasbro is playing this years line more for kids, due to the movie. While many collector's may want Padmé in her beautiful gowns, they just arn't a big hit with kids. The Arena and Pilot versions are exciting though, and from action packed scenes, so they will sell better to kids. Hasbro does have plans to produce more Padmé's in her gowns soon, but it most likely won't be til next year. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

wedgeA
05-24-2002, 06:54 PM
I like the Obi Wan pilot, just leave his cloak on! (see his arms) From what I see in the pics, the head sculpt is a little more detailed than CC Obi.

Oh wise JarJar,

Do you happen to know if an Anakin in "Jedi Cloak" is due next year? I can't believe that this figure is not at least confirmed to be on the horizon. Hopefully he'll have interchangeable hands.

Use that figure and Pilot Obi Wan to recreate the "lover's spat":) in padme's apt.

lurk_shady
05-24-2002, 09:46 PM
With all the aliens in this movie and interesting characters, I really hope they take the amount of resculpts down a level...