PDA

View Full Version : Mace Windu, the JAWA???

SunCrusher
05-22-2002, 08:30 PM
Sorry if this has been said before, but in my Star Wars RPG sourcebook: Mos Eisley, there is a Jawa named Mace Windu. What's the deal? Did Lucas copy the name from the book, or what?

If you need an exact page, let me know and I'll post it.

Eternal Padawan
05-23-2002, 02:48 AM
Hmmmm..interesting. is that the old West End games version or the New WOTC game?

As far as the name Mace Windu, that has been around in one incarnation or another since the original draft written back in 1973. The treatment was about Mace Windy, revered Jedi Bendu of Opuchi as told by C.J. Thorpe, Padawaan learner of the famed Jedi. Mace was also the name of the boy in the Ewok TV movies.

So the name definitely came before the RPG game. The Gamers probably thought it was a discarded name idea and stuck it on the Jawa. Little did they know....

Beast
05-23-2002, 02:53 AM
So that's what they look like under those hoods!! ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
05-23-2002, 06:59 AM
In one of the drafts there are two ten year old boys, Mace and Deak. They journey through the whole script with the character that I guess could be described as Luke, but he's their father. Lucas has had mace in his mind from the start and it was the first actual character name he created.

hango fett
05-23-2002, 08:49 AM
thats kind of weird, since i thought mace was an original charater.

DarthMaulSithLord
05-23-2002, 08:58 AM
Jargo is correct. At first Luke Skywalker was older and had a different name. It was also considered at first to make him a girl, but GL quickly changed that.

:)

Taichi
05-23-2002, 09:26 AM
Tis true, Mace is the first SW Character name ever created.....

Eternal Padawan
05-23-2002, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by hango fett
thats kind of weird, since i thought mace was an original charater.

Well, he is the original character, "from a certain point of view..."

SunCrusher
05-23-2002, 03:02 PM
It's from the West End Games Star Wars rpg. Kind of funny because I went to use the character in a quest a few days ago and I happen to find out the name of the npc was Mace Windu.

RooJay
05-24-2002, 07:00 PM
I'm not too familiar with the RPG's, but I'm pretty sure the West End Games version is WAY outdated.

SunCrusher
05-24-2002, 07:22 PM
Well yea, the game is no longer being supported, and the book mentioning a character named Mace Windu was made a long long time ago.