PDA

View Full Version : FAO Exclusives

ACPin
09-17-2001, 07:20 AM
Will FAO get anymore SW exclusives? We've already seen the exclusives from Target, Walmart and Toys R Us. Why isn't there any mention about FAO or for that matter KayBees?

Rollo Tomassi
09-17-2001, 08:07 AM
Well, we don't actually "see" the Target Exclusives....I never saw a skiff or a Y-Wing. And I don't think K-B and FAO will be in the "Exclusive" club anymore due to the stringent demandsof Hasbro that must be met after the Episode 1 fallout.

JediTricks
09-17-2001, 11:00 AM
For the love of corn I HOPE NOT! I hate exclusives but I hate FAO's handling of exclusives even more.

JediCole
09-17-2001, 01:58 PM
I have to agree with JT on FAO's entry into the exclusives market. Apart from the relative lack of FAO stores (only two in Texas that I know of), if you recall their past exclusives they are all terribly, prohibitively, and almost criminally EXPENSIVE!
I had never bought the Biggs/Wedge 12" set when it was out. When I went to see Star Wars The Magic of Myth in Houston I accidentally found the Houston FAO store. They had the ($75.00) Biggs/Wedge set at 75% off, I was back down this weekend and they had none.

JEDIpartner
09-17-2001, 03:15 PM
We have no FAO stores here in Ohio, so I am glad there probably won't be anymore exclusives for them. Most of them were so completely overpriced as it was. I saw a few of them 2 summers ago in Chicago.

I say- let the exclusives go to the store that are a little more widespread. Yeah, FAO Schwartz is a cool toy store, but as a fan... I am certainly not going to travel just to take a look at them and turn my nose up at the price (or the sculpt for that matter).

GNT
09-18-2001, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
Well, we don't actually "see" the Target Exclusives....I never saw a skiff or a Y-Wing.

I saw plenty of Skiffs, I blame you Target for ordering so many to be made!!!!!

Lobito
09-18-2001, 06:43 PM
That is if u can call them exclusives, cuzz its true you see them in FAO, but in a couple of months they are in most hobby stores.

Exlusive toys?? The one i really remember was hard to get was the Froot Loops Kellogs Han Solo. Now thats an exclusive.:D

hairless chewie
09-19-2001, 12:49 AM
I was kind of honked off at paying $75 for the Famba but i guess it's my own fault. I wonder if they will ever make the other type of Famba, the one that shot the shield beam into the circular one that we have now. And when will K-Mart have an exclusive??:D

El Chuxter
09-19-2001, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by hairless chewie
And when will K-Mart have an exclusive??:D

When they stop sucking and flirting with bankruptcy. ;)

Slicker
07-28-2006, 09:14 PM
I highly doubt they'll get anymore. I mean, it'd take the re-release of the friggin' Imperial Shuttle for Hasbro to make the FAO exclusive mistake again.

Blue2th
07-28-2006, 09:59 PM
I was kind of honked off at paying $75 for the Famba but i guess it's my own fault. I wonder if they will ever make the other type of Famba, the one that shot the shield beam into the circular one that we have now. And when will K-Mart have an exclusive??:D
The Famba is awsome. I wish they would make the other one. I was only able to get one loose, but that's the way I wanted it. Has anybody ever asked about the Famba in Q&A? I doubt they would ever make another, but we can hope.

El Chuxter
07-28-2006, 11:18 PM
FAO exclusives? Methinks a moot point. :)

And K-Mart got the Jedi Temple Assault exclusive shortly after they stopped flirting with bankruptcy, so I was half right. Can I call 'em or what?