PDA

View Full Version : when do they put new figs out?

sunblind
05-23-2002, 06:31 AM
Does anyone have an idea when stores put out new figs???
when the pegs look bear? when they feel like it ( which I'm thinking)
or as they get new ones they put them out.

;?

Forhekset
05-23-2002, 08:10 AM
At two different Super Targets, I've had great luck at these times of the day:

5pm-6pm weekdays

8am-12pm weekends

They seem to stock, of course, before the store opens, but it seems they also stock throughout the day (how else could I find 3 Bloody Lukes plus pretty much the rest of the new waves all at once yesterday around 5:30?). The two Super Targets I frequent seem to put out new figs WHENEVER they have them, because lots of times I'll see new stuff even when there are tons of Anakin OPDs and Zam Wesells crowding the pegs. But that could just be those particular stores, might not be the same at all Super Targets.

I know I went into a regular Target one day at lunch (12-1pm) and they had tons of pallets out restocking all over the store. However, their SW section is still chock-full of pegwarmers and I think they're not gonna put anything else out til they sell some of that. I've had terrible luck with Wal-Mart and TRU for Saga stuff, so I can't really say about those stores.

CaptainSolo1138
05-23-2002, 08:42 AM
At the Target I work at, we have a strict policy about not stocking "collectible toys" over nite. Knowing this, I'd say the best time to find figures at Target is 8-10 am and 5-7 pm. That's when the new shifts come in and work stock

Forhekset
05-23-2002, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by CaptainSolo1138
At the Target I work at, we have a strict policy about not stocking "collectible toys" over nite. Knowing this, I'd say the best time to find figures at Target is 8-10 am and 5-7 pm. That's when the new shifts come in and work stock

Ah, maybe that explains my great success at Target. Target rules :D

QLD
05-23-2002, 11:19 AM
My experience is that Super Wal-Marts stock around 12-2 am.

Non-super Wal-Marts do around likem 9 pm

Target does usually around 9-12 am/pm

Toys R Us doesn't ever :D No they usually do early in the morning based on what I have seen.

Most of my luck comes at Wal-Marts.

Jaina Solo
05-23-2002, 02:51 PM
I like mornings at Target. Hit one at around 11:00 last weekend, found a Royal Guard on the front of a peg, just hanging out. He's hanging out on my desk right now. I always figured the stores like Target stocked early; it just makes sense.

So, Captain Solo...did you work at Target before you got into SW collecting? :)

browndroid
05-23-2002, 02:55 PM
ive only had luck at walmart, but i havent been to target or kmart yet lately

leenovak
05-23-2002, 03:17 PM
My great success at Target is the result of my soon-to-be (hopefully) fiancee being a supervisor there. :)

I know their policy is just to stock when the pegs are getting bare.

DrewDewce
05-23-2002, 09:19 PM
I've had the best luck at (in order) Wal Mart, TRU, K-Mart, Target.