PDA

View Full Version : Mace Windu is from NABOO!!!

Taichi
05-23-2002, 09:30 AM
I didn't stutter, you heard me right......

I have Evidence that supports the theory that Mace Windu is from Naboo.....

in the Essential Guide to Characters, it states that Mace is from an unknown homeworld.......

well, in TPM, we learn (If we look at the evidence) that Mace is from Naboo......

when they are testing Anakin, by using the screen on him, several images flash by, I originally assumed that these images were simply something familiar to him....

I believe the order goes as such: A ship, A cup, A ship, A speeder....

well, the first ship is the N-1 Starfighter, and the Speeder is the Naboo Flash Speeder......

these are things Anakin has never seen before (He hadn't yet been to Naboo at this point), but he identifies them correctly.....

this leads me to believe, that the ships programmed, are something familiar to the person holding the viewscreen....Mace Windu.....

therefore, it just might be so, that Mace is from Naboo!!!

icatch9
05-23-2002, 09:39 AM
I do not believe this is the case. The book is a lot more reliable than a view screen. I understand what you are saying, but it realy doesn't mean that is where he is from. I mean Lando loves the Millenium Falcon, but that doesn't mean he's from Corrillia. These could of just been ships Mace likes. I mean I love Ferries (sp?), but that doesn't mean I'm from Italy. He's from an Unknown world, not Naboo.

Taichi
05-23-2002, 09:44 AM
I don't trust the book, I trust my own instincts....

how accurate can a book be, if it says that Boba Fett survived the Sarlaac?

George Lucas stated that Fett DIED......and his word is golden.....

Eternal Padawan
05-23-2002, 09:45 AM
And Mace has grown up on Coruscant since he was an infant, so even if he were from Naboo, he would have no recollection of being from there or what the ships and speeders look like.

Pendo
05-23-2002, 10:11 AM
Anakin doesn't even need to be specific. He just says "A ship", not "An N-1 Starfighter from Naboo". So Mace doesn't need to be specific either, all Mace needs to know that it is "a ship...a cup...a speeder..."

Mandalorian Candidat
05-23-2002, 11:45 AM
I agree. This ship and speeder were from EP1 and would be recognizable when we see the screen. If another speeder or ship were inserted instead, the audience may not have realized what they were exactly so the impact of Ani seeing them may have been diminished.

Plus, I'm sure the CG images of those items were already in the ILM's computers so it would be easier for them to put them in instead of creating new ones.

Thus, I don't see any proof that he's from Naboo.