PDA

View Full Version : Beru?

Lman316
05-23-2002, 10:53 AM
Please, someone, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that Beru Whitesun was supposed to be a former handmaiden of Queen Amidala.
And I was sure that this was in the databank on SW.com, but they have since changed it.
Was this something they were planning or am I just imagining things?

Pendo
05-23-2002, 10:56 AM
I don't ever remember reading that...very interesting. I always thought that she would just be Owen's girlfriend in the film and would have no stronger role other than that.

PENDO!

Fulit
05-23-2002, 11:21 AM
You're not wrong, I remember hearing that too. I kind of like the way they did it, though. Too many people are related or old friends or whatever as it is, in the SW universe.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-23-2002, 11:40 AM
Maybe that's how it was, but I couldn't see Beru being a beautiful Naboo handmaiden. She looks exactly how a Tatooine hausfrau should look. Good choice in the casting, but I wish they had a tad more screen time.

Wasn't seeing the old homestead just great! It warmed the cochels of my heart. :)

yukface27
05-23-2002, 12:02 PM
Yeah, that theory of Beru being a handmaiden wouldn't make much sense. What, in EPI when Amidala's ship landed on Tatooine, one of the handmaidens wandered over to the Lars homestead and fell in love? Not likely. I think that the young Beru is very hot. Yowza!!!

Nataku
05-23-2002, 01:47 PM
Well, I think I can help with your fuzzy recollections:

Very early in the rumor-mongering of Ep 2 (like 2000/2001), there was a RUMOR that popped up on theforce.net and other sites that had the following story, or some version of it:

Padme and Anakin go to Tatooine, along with her security and handmaidens to escape the assassination attempts. One of the Handmaidens, BERU, actually falls in love with Owen while they are there. There was even a RUMORED scene in which, just as the group is preparing to leave Tatooine, Beru tells Padme she is not leaving and that she chooses to stay behind with the Lars family rather than go on to Geonosis with Padme and Anakin.

Now, the movie has come out and of course as most of those early rumors went, this was no where close to the truth. This story was on at least a few of the large Episode 2 spoiler sites...

Nataku

187-Maul
05-24-2002, 10:25 AM
never hard of that rumor
and BTW I too think the young beru looks hot!:D

JEDIpartner
05-24-2002, 12:49 PM
Bonnie is adorable as Aunt Beru. I guess the sun DOES do things to your skin over the years! Yeesh! Just kidding...

Ms. Fraser was perfect casting as the elder Aunt Beru. R.I.P.

Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen lent a nice normalcy of homelife to the Star Wars saga. It was nice to see the homestead and the fact that it was just someone's home... not some palace, a secret base or a factory. That's part of the reason I was a bit disappointed that Padme's family was cut out of the film.

2-1B
05-24-2002, 12:52 PM
"Hello"

:D

Darth Nihilus
05-24-2002, 01:24 PM
She looks like she's got a mustache.:p

eliwankenobi
05-24-2002, 02:24 PM
On the same note, I've been wondering about Owen. If anyone recalls the ROTJ novel written by James Kahn (I believe, please correct me if I'm wrong), the scene in which Obi is telling Luke the "correct" history of his family is much longer and more detailed. In that sequence, Obi tells Luke that he separated Luke and Leia - Leia going to Alderaan to live with the Organa family, and Luke being taken to Tatooine to live with his (Obi's) brother.

??????

Does anyone else recall this?

DarthBrandon
05-24-2002, 02:30 PM
No never heard neither of them.