PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to WInter?

QLD
05-23-2002, 12:00 PM
No, not the season, the character!

I always thought she was pretty cool.

She was in most of the post ROTJ stories, but now that the NJO series has started, not one mention.

Did they resolve this in the the storyline and I missed it?

Theories? Answers?

Sith Vicious
05-23-2002, 06:54 PM
AFAIK, she married Tycho and they went off to live happily ever after. I haven't read Allston's NJO books, so unless she's mentioned there, I assume her and Tycho are retired from active duty unless some writer decides to use them again.

RooJay
05-24-2002, 07:20 PM
Tycho played an fairly active role in at least one of the NJO books (can't remember which one exactly), but there was NO mention of Winter. I agree, she's a great character, and I'd love to know what she's up to during the NJO timeline.

Eternal Padawan
05-25-2002, 08:54 AM
That makes sense. They were both survivors of Alderaan. Does anyone know where that happened? Was it in a comic book? or was it just implied between stories? And do they have any kids?

Bel-Cam Jos
05-25-2002, 10:15 AM
I'd check the last X-Wing book (Starfighters of Andomar) maybe. I do seem to recall hearing he'd married Winter, but can't remember which book. Kids? I don't think I recall that, though.

Sith Vicious
05-25-2002, 12:14 PM
I vaguely remember them getting back together in Starfighters of Adumar and explaining the whole Winter/Ackbar thing (yuck). The Tycho entry in the new essential character guide confirms that they were married and Tycho retired a couple of years later. I'm not sure if it was ever confirmed in any story. There may be something in the Union comic series where Mara and Luke got married, but I can't really remember.

QLD
05-25-2002, 12:57 PM
I remember Tycho marrying her. As far as I remember, she was Leia's personal assistant and they grew up together on Alderaan. But I just figured that they would bring her in the NJO series, since they brought in just about everyone else. I thought she was cool, and I wish she was involved.

RooJay
05-25-2002, 03:18 PM
Why doesn't someone ask Tycho? The moderator not the pilot!

Bel-Cam Jos
05-26-2002, 02:42 PM
I asked Tycho, Roojay, and here was his reply.

By Tycho:
If th... time... fo... underneath the... to... sav... all of th... get tog... sevent... book called... Rebe... commu... ambassa... cation... th...

Well, that sure didn't help! :rolleyes:

She's got a photgraphic memory (if I recall corectly :p ), and I don't see how that'd help the Republic now, so I don't see her having a big role in the NJO storyline. She's just another character.

RooJay
05-28-2002, 05:32 PM
Using agents with photographic memory, especially as flawless as Winter's, would be a great tactical advantage. She'd be a HUGE help to the Republic!

Bel-Cam Jos
06-01-2002, 10:24 AM
But what would she remember? Alderaan being destroyed? Or do you mean using her as an operative or spy? Now that would be a tactical advantage. She was older than Leia, I believe, so she might be a tad old for fieldwork, I think.

QLD
06-01-2002, 12:51 PM
You mean kinda like How Han is too old for fieldwork now?

Bel-Cam Jos
06-01-2002, 09:37 PM
2-SHAY, Quite-Long. You got me. Apparently, I'm racist against old people; sorry.

p.s. I'm not really racist against old people. They're not a race, anyway. I just had to make up for my error.

QLD
06-02-2002, 07:11 PM
:D

RooJay
06-03-2002, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
...do you mean using her as an operative or spy?

Obviously.

She was older than Leia, I believe...

I always thought she was the same age as Leia.:confused:

QLD
06-03-2002, 09:05 PM
From my rememberance, she was a couple of years older. But not many.

RooJay
06-04-2002, 03:39 PM
Ok, so she was ROUGHLY the same age as Leia.