PDA

View Full Version : Children

Masterjedi73
05-23-2002, 12:11 PM
How many of you have children that play with the figures?
Who are their favorite characters?

My son, who is 4, loves Jango...that's his fav. He also likes to line up the figures and all of the lightsabers and guns.....very organized.

I keep a few of the figures in their packages and put them away, but I let him open most of them. I've kept the cards so I can figure out which accessories go with each figure.

When we play with our toy lightsabers, he's like Yoda....he wins a lot, cause he aims for my legs.....hard to block.

browndroid
05-23-2002, 12:35 PM
well, i wouldnt call us children;) more like young adults:rolleyes:
well me and two of my friends are huge geeks that find our selves playng with them all the time... :rolleyes:

browndroid
05-23-2002, 12:35 PM
btw JANGO RULES!!:p

Jaina Solo
05-23-2002, 02:45 PM
My mother plays with them, does that count?

I don't have kids, but I've seen a lot of them in the toy aisles lately. I love seeing them, and listening to them talk- and helping them find stuff. Kids are great; they're the only ones shorter than me.

My favorite kid so far was the one I saw with his dad at a Wal-Mart.

Dad: Don't you want this guy? He's got this cool eye-patch...
Kid: I want Anakin.
Dad: How about this guy? *pointing to Jango* I like this guy...
Kid: Anakin.

And then there was the little girl looking for Padme. "Cool, she comes with a GUN!" :)

bigbarada
05-23-2002, 02:50 PM
I see kids in the Star Wars aisle all the time now. The coolest thing I remember was a kid about 5 or 6 tearing through the Dookus and Jangos and Anakins to find Yoda. When he did find him he jumped around gleefully saying, "After all this time, I finally got him!":cool:

He was probably only looking for him for a few days after seeing the movie, but I guess that is an eternity for a young kid.

jedi master sal
05-23-2002, 03:01 PM
I had a great experience yesterday. I found another Dooku (not the deluxe one) and there was a kid about 7-8 looking for him. (I overheard him mumbling to himself. I asked him who he was looking for. He said Dooku.
Corny as I could be I moved my left hand in front of him moving it toward the left further then from behind my back with my right hand I brought out the Dooku and pretended like I pulled it from behind him. I said "here ya' go"
He about screamed and his (I'm assuming mother) came around the corner in a flash. She asked him what was wrong and he said that the "the cool guy gave me his dooku." Parents being ever wary, she looked me up one side and down the other. I just smiled and as he ran off she turned and said thank you, with a look of "finally he can calm down".

I felt better then when I gave away another Dooku in a trivia contest at the premiere.

fourtwo
05-23-2002, 03:03 PM
i'm stoked kids are as happy about star wars as i am. i don't have any kids cause i'm only 22 but i still play with mine all the time, its not really plaing as it used to be but i always check my toys out...look at em and stuff.
i'm a loser.
:D

Amanamike
05-23-2002, 07:01 PM
Well I have 2 kids of my own. Im just about 30 here. My oldest just turned 6 and has been a star wars nut since he was 3. He has over 100 figures that he plays with. His favorites tend to be Lukes, Obi Wans, Jango or Boba Fett. Mostly the heros. My other boy is just over 1 but the time hes 4 Episode 3 will be out and he will be hooked just like his brother and dad. Pain in the poocket book for sure, but worth the excitement my kids will get with every new figure they own. Hopefully they will pass this on to their kids.

SuperBattleDroid88
05-23-2002, 07:48 PM
I'm 14... Does that count as a "child"?!?!? :p
I play with them! I don't think I'll ever grow up! I'm still a kid! :D

browndroid
05-23-2002, 07:52 PM
right on superbattledroid88! btw hes one of those friends i was talking about

SuperBattleDroid88
05-23-2002, 08:03 PM
:D

Gungan Warrior
05-23-2002, 08:33 PM
GUNGANS WILL RULE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

SuperBattleDroid88
05-23-2002, 08:35 PM
uhh... whatever!
DROIDS WILL RULE FOREVER!!! RIGHT BROWN DROID!

Gungan Warrior
05-23-2002, 08:36 PM
THE GUNGANS WILL TAKE OVER IN E3. YODA WAS THE MAN!!!! IN E2......... COUNT DOOKU CUT ANAKAINS ARM OFF THAT WAS SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEN AT THE END HE HAD THE FREAKY LOOKIN' HAND.......... MAN E2 WAS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gungan Warrior
05-23-2002, 08:38 PM
With the Gungans help THE BATTLEDROID WILL BECOME EXTINCT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SuperBattleDroid88
05-23-2002, 08:39 PM
YA FOOL!

Gungan Warrior
05-23-2002, 08:43 PM
STAR WARS ROCKS!!!!!!!!! SORRY IF I CAUSE ANY MISHAPS. PLEASE FORGIVE ME...

SuperBattleDroid88
05-23-2002, 08:45 PM
Ya forgive the mindless Gungan Warrior....
He's a bit on the CRAZY! :crazed: side... :rolleyes: