PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Episode II vehicle?

Wookiee
05-23-2002, 03:29 PM
From Phantom Menace, I liked the Naboo Starfighter a lot, but it seems to me in general, I thought that Episode II had a cooler crop of vehicles and starships. What are your favorites from AOTC?

1. Jedi Starfighter, I liked the Hyperspace ring, and I liked that it was small, with the off-set R2 unit.
2. Dooku's solar ship- man that was cool with the sail folding in and out.
3. Naboo Senator's Ship - I thought is was a lot cooler that the Queen's ship from Episode I.

DeadEye
05-23-2002, 04:08 PM
I LOVE the Jedi Starfighter!

chris
05-23-2002, 04:19 PM
The Jedi starfighter is awesome, but you can't beat the gunship. They were awesome in the battle.

LTBasker
05-23-2002, 04:30 PM
1. Gunship
2. Jedi SF
3. Slave I
4. Zam's Speeder
5. Anakin's Hotrod (it's cool, IMO)
6. AT-TE
7. Gunship #2 (that carries the AT-TEs)
8. Geonosian Fighter
9. Dooku's solar sailr
10. Nute's ship (the upside down Coruscant Taxi thing is just funny. :D)

Mandalorian Candidat
05-23-2002, 04:33 PM
1)Zam's speeder
2)Jedi Starfighter
3)Slave 1
4)Republic Cruiser
5)Dooku's solar sailer (rip off from Tron and possibly a DS9 episode?)

Jargo
05-23-2002, 04:34 PM
Well even though I love the designs for all the vehicles exept the naboo gondola love boat thing, I think a lot of the vehicles were desigend smaller with a view to them being merchandised as toys. There's actually a lot of mileage in the speeders of varying descriptions if you think about it. We've had the two main Coruscant speeders as toys but there were two or three more in the senate parking lot that look really cool. There's the Tatooine rickshaw speeder with the cool droid. There's Owen lars' swoop and the two speeders in the Lars garage, the sandcrawler and then on Geonosis the execution cart and Orray, Dooku's speeder and the small fighters the Geonosians use. The Jedi starfighter, Dooku's solar sailer, The Naboo Royal yacht that Padme uses. The small taxi pod on Naboo, The coruscant airbus, The Neimoidian shuttle, The Republic gunship and AT-TE carrier, the AT-TE itself and the command vehicle with that huge cannon on top. The droid tanks and spider homing droid, the dwarf spider droid, The Republic assault ship that carries all the clones to Geonosis. All those weird craft and speeders that fly round Coruscant during the speeder chase. The Refugee freighter and the Naboo cruiser.

Most of the vehicles are in a scale that makes them perfect for toys. not many really large vehicles though. Even the main villain only gets a small craft. Can anyone say christmas toys? I expect to see a lot of these vehicles turned into toys. Mostly because they look cool but also because they were half designed that way to begin with. George aimed the movie at twelve year olds and aimed the franchises at the toys. Which isn't to say that I disapprove. On the contrary, I actually love the idea of merchandising the designs because they deserve it. I really want those vehicles on my shelves and hanging from my ceiling. Just too cool for words. Well done to ILM for covering all bases. :)

browndroid
05-23-2002, 04:42 PM
1. SLAVE1
2. jedi starfighter
3. zam wessel's ship

Jedi Clint
05-23-2002, 04:47 PM
I love that Republic Gunship!!

JetsAndHeels
05-23-2002, 04:51 PM
1. Slave I
2. Jedi SF
3. Dooku's Solar Sailor
4. Republic Gunship
5.Zam's Speeder
6. Anakin's Speeder

Battle Droid
05-23-2002, 05:45 PM
Geonosian Fighter
Hailfire Droid
Dooku Solar Sail Ship (it's actually a Geonosian Fighter that's been customized)
AT-TE
Trade Federation Core Ships
Techno Union Ships
Dooku's Geonosian Speeder

Hell I like them all.

Darth Ovori
05-23-2002, 06:00 PM
1. StarFighter
2. Royal Ship
3. Geonosian Cycle tank

Magnolia-Fan
05-23-2002, 06:05 PM
One thing I thought was really cool was the sound effect for Zam's speeder.

It whistles. :cool:

Of course, in real life, you'd probably go deaf from driving the thing. :frus:

RooJay
05-24-2002, 04:20 AM
My favorite is Anakin's speeder. When I first heard reports about it I thought a hot rod in Star Wars was a horrible idea. After actually seeing it I was amazed at how well it worked! It actually fits in my opinion! Plus, it's just damned cool lookin'!:happy:

DarthBrandon
05-24-2002, 04:27 AM
Republic Gunship
Jedi Starfighter
Dooku's Ship

Pendo
05-24-2002, 06:25 AM
Here's some of my faves:

Slave I,
Jedi Starfighter,
Republic Gunship,
Dooku's Solar Sail,