PDA

View Full Version : Boba Fett Vs. Mace Windu

Casual George
05-23-2002, 04:15 PM
O.K. Sam Jackson has gone on record saying that he hopes GL will come up with an ending befitting Mace. So what show down would be the coolest? Mace VS. Boba Fett grudge match with Boba getting revenge for his father's death or Mace VS. Palpatine in a Force throw down?

evenflow
05-23-2002, 04:31 PM
I see Boba getting his revenge on Mace.

Lord Tenebrous
05-23-2002, 04:36 PM
Helmet or not, Boba will just be 14 in Episode III. That alone makes me leary of this. Boba should stay on the fringe, then reappear in TESB. He should be a product of hard conditions and circumstance, not some sort of fanboy-dream commando. He has more to worry about than revenge.

I'd rather all the vengeance be coming from Anakin. It's his story, after all. Let him off Mace.

sith_killer_99
05-23-2002, 04:55 PM
I agree, Boba will still be too young in EPIII!

BTW, Fett reappears in ANH.;) It's CANNON:eek: GL said it was cannon:confused: Isn't it? Cannon, I mean!:rolleyes:

Lord Tenebrous
05-23-2002, 05:04 PM
By fringe, I meant Ep3 and ANH. He's not too deadly in the ANH Special Edition, unless that stare got to you. :)

Taichi
05-23-2002, 06:12 PM
Yup, they slipped Fett into ANH, so it is Canon, making every fanboy's wet dream come true......

and no, I don't think he deserves to off the toughest Jedi Master in the Galaxy (Next to Yoda)

that should go to either Sidious, or Anakin.......

Wolfwood319
05-23-2002, 07:13 PM
Only Anakin or possibly Dooku should take down Mace. Anyone else will totally undermine the essence of the Jedi in general.

Just my opinion though.

derek
05-23-2002, 08:30 PM
i wouldn't be suprised if fett isn't in episode 2 at all. like others have said, he'll still be a kid. his father didn't fare too well against mace, so it would be rather cheap for boba to kill him.

i don't know how lucas is gonna fit in a decent death scene for mace, unless he is killed by dooku around mid-film, then anakin could kill dooku.

JetsAndHeels
05-23-2002, 08:38 PM
I see Mace tripping over Yoda and hitting his head on the sink. That would be a fitting death for that punk.
Seriously, I dont think Boba should be the one to kill Mace. It would be like Anakin in EP1 killing Maul. Just too much of a difference power wise. Let either Anakin, Sideous, or Dooku deal with him. Let Fett show back up in the OT.

DarthSetnom
05-24-2002, 01:06 AM
Mmmmmm... no.

Mace Windu might be killed by Anakin, Dooku or the Emperor himself but my guess is he'll die at Boba Fett's hands. Perhaps a Hail Mary shot or maybe Fett actually kicks ***. Either way, this particular prize earns him the "top gun" reputation we all heard about in the OT...

I think he'll nail MW down with some sort of lucky shot because from what we saw in the original trilogy, he wasn't THAT good a warrior.

Sidiously Darth
05-24-2002, 01:43 AM
Don't forget, Boba is an unaltered clone. What's stopping him from going back to Kamino and getting a shot of growth formula? I'm sure the Cloners still have a soft spot for him.:D

DarthBrandon
05-24-2002, 01:45 AM
Don't really care who kills Mace as long as it's not a cheesy one,
perhaps Boba will age faster than normal and be around 20 for his killing spree. Or maybe he's just a real bad -*** who ***** up
in ROTJ.

browndroid
05-24-2002, 01:47 AM
yeah, though i would like to see it, boba will probably be to young.

Pendo
05-24-2002, 05:32 AM
Maybe Mace will be badly injured by Dooku or Anakin or someone, then Boba comes along and kills him when he is help-less against him. That might work, and would show a cold and dark side to Boba Fett.

PENDO!

hango fett
05-24-2002, 07:41 AM
i could care less who kills him, as long as it's a cool death. i don't want what happen to jango happen to mace. (jango was a wussy! gets his head chopped off in the first minute of the fight!)

mrmiller
05-24-2002, 08:35 AM
I don't think Jango was such a wuss (hell, he just got ran over by the Reek), but that Mace is one bad a**. That's the whole point with the future of Mace's death. Anakin even states how Mace is seen as the strongest jedi, or something to that point. I think only Dooku, Sidious, or Anakin should kill him. Maybe Boba will be hanging around with Dooku in EP3. Mace and Dooku could be having a pretty serious battle, with Dooku taking control. Then Mace could turn the tables and start to take the upper hand. And as soon as it looks like Mace may be able to defeat Dooku, Boba could show up and shoot him in the back or something. That's about the only way I'd be OK with Boba (or someone other than a Jedi) killing Mace.

=MATT=

187-Maul
05-24-2002, 10:13 AM
Mace should die by anakin or dooku
I doubt that sidious will take matter in his own hands and fight but instead he'll probably let the others fight for him like usual

Darth Nihilus
05-24-2002, 01:20 PM
I'd like to see Mace get offed by Dooku - there'd be a dynamic there of the two former friends going at each other. It would give some importance to that idea.

eliwankenobi
05-24-2002, 02:31 PM
I like the idea of Mace getting offed by Anakin or Dooku. Fett would be too young and inexperienced to kill off a Jedi Master.
Besides, I'm sure Lucas wouldn't want to portray a murderous 13-year-old, even in Star Wars - not in this day and age.

Darth Stroker
05-25-2002, 02:29 AM
who says mace has to die early in the movie? it could be close to the end when anakin/vader would be on his jedi killing spree.. maybe GL will skip a few years to show this and boba would be around old enuff to start killing off jedi too..

if it doesn't happen early, then maybe mace will be coming in for the kill on boba when some freak accident happens (you know how them jetpacks are... they always **** up or get ******) and maybe.. just maybe.. his jetpack will go off sending mace on a fall or maybe the missile will be launched and directly hit mace's head giving boba revenge and killing mace much like he killed jango..

or maybe.. just maybe.. he'll land on him in slave 1.. that would be funny to see....

Pendo
05-25-2002, 08:42 AM
Who says that Mace is going to die in it. He could die before the events of Episode III. Or he could die of old age during the film. For all we know he could survive the film, be in hiding like Yoda and Obi-Wan and appear in Episode VII to train changeling Han Solo in the ways of the force...

...erm...

...OK HE'S GOTTA DIE IN EPISIODE III!

PENDO!

Eternal Padawan
05-25-2002, 09:51 AM
Okay, first off. What's with all the profanity? I know you guys are new and welcome to the forums and all. But this is a family-friendly website and we have a few forumites under the age of ten. Please try to express yourselves with a little more maturity.

Second. I think there will be a Mace-Boba Fett confrontation in Episode III. Otherwise, why set up that story arc in AOTC? Boba watches Mace kill his father onscreen for a reason. It's not very subtle storytelling when Fett picks up his father's empty helmet. That will pay off in Episode III, when Boba takes Mace on. I agree that Fett won't take Mace out. But I think Mace will become one with the force in order to throw Fett and the others off the trail of the escaping Padme. To Fett, it will look like Mace "disintegrated" he will go back and tell Vader, who will admonish him with "No disintegrations."

mrmiller
05-25-2002, 03:14 PM
That would be funny if Boba disentegrated him. That would make the "no disintegrations" line inESB even better.

=MATT=

darthvyn
05-25-2002, 03:55 PM
i think the fact that jango was killed by any jedi was more the point than by a particular jedi. i think it sets up a hatred of all jedi for boba, not just one particluar one...

Darth Stroker
05-25-2002, 08:05 PM
Okay, first off. What's with all the profanity? I know you guys are new and welcome to the forums and all. But this is a family-friendly website and we have a few forumites under the age of ten. Please try to express yourselves with a little more maturity.

******* what the **** do you mean profanity?? if its ******* starred out then who gives a flying ****.. no one can ******* see it anyways.. jeez..... i mean.. i'm ******* sorry i was raised with ******* drunks who didn't give a **** and it became a ******* habit...

Beast
05-25-2002, 08:22 PM
Darth Stroker, even if it's starred out it's still profanity. Try to cut it out if you would. It also makes your posts seem less valid if it's filled with filtered curse words. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Stroker
05-26-2002, 12:45 AM
honestly.. u don't know what words are being filtered out since i put the stars in there myself.. i just kinda took offense to the way EP put it.. had to make a point ya know..

Lman316
05-27-2002, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
Second. I think there will be a Mace-Boba Fett confrontation in Episode III. Otherwise, why set up that story arc in AOTC? Boba watches Mace kill his father onscreen for a reason. It's not very subtle storytelling when Fett picks up his father's empty helmet. That will pay off in Episode III, when Boba takes Mace on. I agree that Fett won't take Mace out. But I think Mace will become one with the force in order to throw Fett and the others off the trail of the escaping Padme. To Fett, it will look like Mace "disintegrated" he will go back and tell Vader, who will admonish him with "No disintegrations."

But who actually says that Boba would go after Mace? I mean, true Mace was the actual Jedi who killed Jango, but I doubt that a 10 year old boy would be thinking just about that while holding his father's head/helmet.
I would think that Boba would just go after Jedi, in general, not just Mace (if him at all). True, getting Windu would be the ultimate revenge, but Boba might not even remember who actually did the cutting, he would just remember that a Jedi did it.