PDA

View Full Version : Anarchy has a mother and her name is SHMI!

DaneSolo
05-23-2002, 06:10 PM
I haven't taken the time to read all the threads in these forums BUT I haven't seen anyone mention this . . .
Did anyone else notice the giant "A" frame that Shmi was tied to? To me it looked alot like the symbol for Anarchy. AND we all know how much Lucas is into symbology so I think it clearly represents Anarchy. Also, in this pivotal scene Anakin makes his first tragic strides toward anarchy--toward the Dark Side; all inspired by the suffering of his mother at the hands of 'chaos' AKA those beasts--the Tusken Raiders. (Chaos which gives rise to confuse, frenzy, rage and ANARCHY!!!)
ALSO, I think it becomes quite obvious in this scene that ANAKIN is a derivitive of ANARCHY!{the Kin of Anarchy}
Lucas is stating that Anarchy is the only thing that can bring down the Empire. When I watched the movie for the 3rd time and realized all this the rest of the movie took on a more dire and darker tone for me and made the whole experience and story that much better. You should try it . . .

Lord Tenebrous
05-23-2002, 06:16 PM
Or it could be that an A-frame is traditionally useful for holding weight. Especially when not using the best of materials...

DaneSolo
05-23-2002, 06:54 PM
Or it could be that an A-frame is traditionally useful for
holding weight. Especially when not using the best of
materials...

ding, ding, ding . . . Thank you, Lord Obvious. :D
You're the proud winner of a "no-prize!"
Obviously she was being held on the frame, perhaps even tortured. Lucas enjoys putting alot of depth into every shot, both visually and symbolically (which is a good thing I enjoy alot.) The "A" loomed over Anakin's shoulder as he held his dying mother. If you're sucha gump that you believe that the frame was for "holding weight" then the Washington monument is just a pile of stones made to look pretty.

Jon
05-23-2002, 07:02 PM
hey, no need to attack someone like that. We are all entitled to our opinions and are free to debate them. But we don't need to insult other users in here.

Dryanta
05-23-2002, 07:15 PM
I apreciate your insight.But I personally don't buy it.Vader taking Palpatine out had nothing to do with Anarky,but the love of a father for his child.Nothing has more order than parental love.