PDA

View Full Version : Prince Xixor

tagmac
05-23-2002, 10:14 PM
Just curious, but what do you think of this character from "Shadows of the Empire" making some kind of appearance in Ep. III, even if only in the background?

Pendo
05-24-2002, 05:35 AM
George doesn't really do much of the Expanded Universe in the movies. True, the Outrider was in ANH, etc so it is a posibility him being in it, but it won't be any more than a background character.
It wouldn't really bother me much if he was in it or not, I'm not really a big EU fan.

PENDO!

187-Maul
05-24-2002, 10:27 AM
would be cool to see him in the background in the senat or something

icatch9
05-24-2002, 10:40 AM
How about in the DVD expanded versions of the OT. Istn't Xizor standing next to the emperor when we first see him in ESB. I mean where ever the emperor is makeing his holo trasmission from Xizor is standing next to him. Isn't that how the SOTE starts off. I think if GL is going to redu some sceens and connect the OT w/ the PT that would be a good sceen to do.

187-Maul
05-25-2002, 09:51 AM
good idea icatch9 !
I just started reading SOTE and yes it is the first scene
great book till now IMO

chris
06-05-2002, 11:30 AM
I like the idea of EU characters in the background, but i agree with Pendo, don't give them major parts. cameos are enough.

scruffziller
06-25-2002, 05:22 PM
Now was the Outrider in the Original version or was it added later for the SE? If it was added later then YEAH!! That would be a hope modual for me!!!!

-JediMaster-Yoda-
06-26-2002, 12:23 PM
NO prince xizor most likely wont be in it, but he has a posibility of being a cameno as george says you may see orginal triogly charcters that havent been in the movies make cameos but prince xizor was in eu, what about Aalaya Secura being in AOTC...i still dont get why Aalaya Secura was in aotc and qulinan vos wasnt

DarthBatman
07-06-2002, 01:34 PM
I hope Xizor isn't in it... I don't like EU stuff in the movies. EU should stay EU.

Obi-Don
07-06-2002, 01:43 PM
I wouldn't mind maybe seeing him come out of the office as some of the Jedi masters are going in. That would raise some eyebrows.

Tycho
07-08-2002, 12:05 AM
Aayla Secura's comics adventures with Tholme and Quinlan Vos take place from 0 - 3 years after TPM. Maybe a little later (like 5 years now).

But by the time of AOTC, she could be a full fledged Jedi Knight by then.

Also, Quinlan was sketched into the comic adaptation of the movie, so from an EU standpoint, he was there.

Aayla still need not be his padawan any longer now though.

Note that when Luminara Undulli stands in Palpatine's office, her padawan Bariss Ofree stands behind her.

Adi Gallia is in that scene and Siri is not with her (though Siri Taichi would be 32 in AOTC and a full Knight as she's described in the Boba Fett AOTC sequel). But where is Siri when she's 22 in TPM and still should be apprenticed to Adi Gallia when she sits on the High Council when they test Anakin? Are High Council members usually also teaching personal padawans?

Ki-Adi Mundi might be. A'Sharad Hett became his apprentice after TPM, but where is he in AOTC? Also probably a full Knight by now, A'Sharrad could've been at The Battle for Geonosis or not. He would probably no longer be needing to be trained constantly by Ki-Adi Mundi. They've all grown up now.

Siri was 13 years older than Anakin (or Bariss)
A'Sharad was probably 7 years or more older than Anakin. (or Bariss)
Aayla Secura is possibly 5 years older than Anakin (or Bariss)

I think that's why they made a big deal about introducing Bariss.

There are no other Jedi padawans Anakin's age that we get to know.

anarky
07-08-2002, 01:58 PM
why would the padawan stand behind her master in the council? wouldn't that make her privy to things she shouldn't be privy to?

i think a'sharad is now the padawan of the dark woman in the eu

Tycho
07-08-2002, 03:40 PM
If she was in on the mission, she'd need to know. In the EU, Bariss was part of the plan to STOP the secessionist movement and was also (with her master) on Ansion in the book "The Approaching Storm." They had that project going with the EU author while they were writing and making Episode 2, so it really fits in there.

Thus it might explain why IN THE MOVIE, Bariss is the only Padawan we continuously see in Palpatine's office at each of these important conferences with the Jedi.

MFH
07-10-2002, 10:53 PM
I don't care either way. But, if his name is spoken, I hope they decide not to pronounce it shee-zor. That just sounds stupid.

DarthBatman
07-14-2002, 01:42 AM
I always said it "Zee-Zor". Just sounded that way to me...

Tycho
07-14-2002, 04:42 AM
How about "ZIZ-zor"

or with a silent x: "EYE-zor."

Either sounds cool to me.

Pendo
07-14-2002, 06:44 AM
I always thought it was pronounced "Z-EYE-zor".
If he is gonna be in it I hope his name isn't pronounced stupidly.

PENDO!

Jedi Knightrider
07-14-2002, 12:08 PM
I had heard that it was pronounced "SHE-zor."

I've also heard "z-IX-or"

"Zy-zor"

"betty"

"KITT"

and

"James earl jones"