PDA

View Full Version : Ep 1 odds and ends

gibbspaulus
05-24-2002, 06:17 AM
Okay, a few Ep I points and queries.

1) How rare are the Gungan catapault and 'big silver gun'. They look like part of the accessories range, only chunkier!
2) Who do you still have to get ( I think i may be repeating others here)?
3) What's the AAT like? I've never seen it, only the proto version in the archive.

Dull questions but there you go!

ACPin
05-24-2002, 12:46 PM
[1) How rare are the Gungan catapault and 'big silver gun'. They look like part of the accessories range, only chunkier!
They are truly accessories and they've been on sale during the last clearance from TRU and KB of EP1 items. The second series of the accessories packs are the ones that are rare. You could also mount the gun on top of the Faamba just like in the movie. That means you need two to re-enact the movie scene where they charge up the shields.

2) Who do you still have to get ( I think i may be repeating others here)?
Most of the regular EP1 htf figures are the tail-enders which a lot of collectors still don't have. Fortunately I've got them all and were bought at retail.
R2-B1, TC-14, Holo Sidious, Naboo Royal Guard, Swimming Jar-jar, Amidala Battle with ascension Gun, Pit Droid two-pack, Sio Bibble

3) What's the AAT like? I've never seen it, only the proto version in the archive.
I've used it in the BD Unit (http://systems.figures.com/Features/index.html?show_article=24671&domain=sirstevesguide.com&dom=ss&domain_id=5) diorama. Its design is true to the movie and has a few play-action features (battle damage, etc).

RooJay
05-24-2002, 07:26 PM
I feel compelled to point out that the "big silver gun" is actually the Naboo Laser Cannon which was part of the Deluxe Accessories line (a line that consisted of only two items: the Laser Cannon and Gungan Catapult). The item ACPin mentions is actually the laser cannon that come with the Invasion Force Jar Jar Binks, which DOES mount to the top of the Faamba. The Naboo Laser Cannon accessory does NOT.

underdog25
05-26-2002, 10:12 AM
To help ACPin in his explination on the figures, the tail enders where the hardest to find AND the more expensive addtions to the collection. I still need Sio, Amidala Asension, R2-B1 and Naboo Sec. I had all but Amidala in my hands at one store on various occations. I passed them up thinking, "I will find them on clearance in a year or so!). Boy was I wrong. I'll get them someday for the big $ they go for.

The AAT is another story. I was lucky enough to be at the right place, at the right time. A local TRU was stocking them and I was there when they were doing it! They must have put out over 50 of them. I grabbed 4, a whole case, and was VERY lucky to do so. I never saw them at retail again. I am working on a scene like ACPin's. I have over 100 battle droids, 24 Destroyer droids, 4 AAT's, STAPS, etc. for the scene. I am not started yet due to room and time. Good luck in your efforts.

gibbspaulus
05-26-2002, 01:22 PM
Wow, I don't feel so bad now - thanks guys.

By the end of the week I will only need the pit droids having picked yp the rest loose (except for $35 on R2-B1)..

I saw an AAT for $90 last week at a fair but didn't have the cash. Sounds like I should've offered sexual favours or something just to get it!

ACPin
05-26-2002, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by RooJay
I feel compelled to point out that the "big silver gun" is actually the Naboo Laser Cannon which was part of the Deluxe Accessories line (a line that consisted of only two items: the Laser Cannon and Gungan Catapult). The item ACPin mentions is actually the laser cannon that come with the Invasion Force Jar Jar Binks, which DOES mount to the top of the Faamba. The Naboo Laser Cannon accessory does NOT.
Ooops, my bad and thanks for pointing that out. :D

Originally posted by underdog25
The AAT is another story. I was lucky enough to be at the right place, at the right time. A local TRU was stocking them and I was there when they were doing it! They must have put out over 50 of them. I grabbed 4, a whole case, and was VERY lucky to do so. I never saw them at retail again. I am working on a scene like ACPin's. I have over 100 battle droids, 24 Destroyer droids, 4 AAT's, STAPS, etc. for the scene. I am not started yet due to room and time. Good luck in your efforts.
Make sure you keep us posted when you're done with your diorama! :cool:

RooJay
05-28-2002, 07:16 PM
My local TRU's had AAT's pretty well stocked right up until just before this past Christmas at pretty cheap discounted prices. They were never that hard to find here.