PDA

View Full Version : Accessory swapping makes for better dioramas...

JEDIpartner
05-24-2002, 11:04 AM
Thanks to Hasbro's inability to pack figures with the proper accessories or incidental pieces I have found it necessary to swap items.

For example... the Holographic Sidious that comes with Dooku would make a great Holo Obi-Wan. It's so small and the details so minute that it hardly matters that it's NOT Obi-Wan!

Has anyone else done this sort of thing?

ACPin
05-29-2002, 10:48 AM
All the time, case in point are the CTC stormies with long rifles. I use the blasters from the POTF2 stormies instead.

icatch9
05-29-2002, 11:05 AM
Yes, the Episode 1 Mace comes with a blue saber, and the EP 1 Ki Adi Mundi comes with a purple one. So, if you just switch these two it all good.

Plus you need to give that extra gun from POTJ Bespin Liea to
IG - 88, but everyone does that.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-01-2002, 05:49 PM
I took the Blaster from Leia w/ all new likeness and gave it to my Han Stormtrooper. The 2 handles fit perfectly into his hands.

pthfnder89
06-03-2002, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
Thanks to Hasbro's inability to pack figures with the proper accessories or incidental pieces I have found it necessary to swap items.

For example... the Holographic Sidious that comes with Dooku would make a great Holo Obi-Wan. It's so small and the details so minute that it hardly matters that it's NOT Obi-Wan!

Has anyone else done this sort of thing?

Yeah. It's funny but I tend to go with what "feels" right even if it's not accurate. Like the Holo Sidious you mentioned; it doens't bother me that I "know" it isn't Obi Wan but it's close enough that I can pretend.

I gave the lightsaber from my AOTC Plo Koon to my POTJ Plo since he is more accurate for Arena Dioramas. I also gave Luminara Unduli one of my extra HD Ani metal sabers since her bendy plastic one just sucks.

LTBasker
06-03-2002, 11:55 AM
If I ever find anymore Bespin Lukes I plan on leaving the 2nd one displayed on the weather vane so I'll be giving the blaster to POTJ Pilot Luke and the lightsaber to HD Ani.

Anyone else think Zam's arm looks better on HD Ani? :D

I swapped the small blasters between the two Zam's since Preview Zam doesn't need one that can host a blast effect since I've got her always holding the rifle so I gave the preview blaster to "quick-draw" Zam and put a Boba/Jango blast effect on it.

ACPin
06-03-2002, 11:59 AM
Anakin uses Padme's chain links in No Escape From The Droidekas (http://systems.figures.com/archives/images/97/43397.jpg)

SuperBattleDroid88
06-04-2002, 11:09 AM
Here is Dooku shocking Anakin....
All you need is....
Dooku
Obi Wan (Optional)
Anakin HD
Royal Guard's elctro stuff....

Here it is... IT may not be accurate but tell me what you think...

Jaina Solo
06-04-2002, 12:34 PM
I like that, ACPin. One question though. How'd you get Padme's arm to stay down? Mine won't do that.

SuperBattleDroid88
06-04-2002, 07:43 PM
AHH!!!!!! :eek:
Oops.....
I meant that post to be a thread!!!!!!!!!
:o

SuperBattleDroid88
06-04-2002, 07:44 PM
:o:o:o SOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!! :o:o:o

gibbspaulus
06-05-2002, 09:54 AM
I tend to pool all my accessories into various baggies - 1 for sabres, 1 for guns, 1 for clothing ..etc. I then use them as necessary to recreate the scenes as they are in my head.

ACPin
06-05-2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Jaina Solo
I like that, ACPin. One question though. How'd you get Padme's arm to stay down? Mine won't do that.
I didn't have that much of a problem putting her arm down. You could try moving her arms up and down a few times to get it loose.

Originally posted by SuperBattleDroid88
AHH!!!!!! :eek:
Oops.....
I meant that post to be a thread!!!!!!!!!
:o

It's more appropriate to this thread than being on its own, that's why I merged it here.

SuperBattleDroid88
06-05-2002, 12:59 PM
Ok.
No problem!!!!!! :D

ACPin
06-13-2002, 08:07 AM
Used old Ben's plastic cape for Squid head Jedi! (http://systems.figures.com/archives/images/25/43825.jpg) :D

ACPin
06-15-2002, 11:53 AM
Removed Nikto Jedi's cape and put it on to make the Klaatu Jedi! (http://systems.figures.com/archives/images/29/43829.jpg)