PDA

View Full Version : Petition for SW MANGA Figures!!!

Taichi
05-24-2002, 11:27 AM
C'mon, this is a line even SW Purists would love!!!

since the Manga follows the storylines of the films, it's not exactly EU stuff......

just release the characters in "Japanese Manga" Style sculpts....big eyes, small mouths.....the whole nine yards!!!

I'd definitely buy 'em......and I'm sure others would too!!!!

just do the core characters, and I'd be happy!!!

DarthMaulSithLord
05-24-2002, 05:55 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

*holds hand over Taichi's mouth*

Good joke!!!

Of course Taichi was just kidding Hasbro, "move along".

:)

RooJay
05-24-2002, 06:31 PM
:rolleyes:

Lord Tenebrous
05-24-2002, 06:56 PM
The Palm Talker line is the closest you'll get, methinks.

Unless a group in Japan did them, and Hasbro simply distributed them. It has to be authentic, or not at all.

Taichi
05-24-2002, 10:23 PM
Aww Man....

NO IT WASN'T A JOKE....

I'd really like to see 'em......

real, Hasbro figures, sculpted in the Manga style.....

and now that you don't want em, I hope they do 'em that much more......

give something for the completists to ***** about.......

Beast
05-24-2002, 10:34 PM
Worst...idea...ever. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
05-25-2002, 01:07 AM
I'm not completely opposed to the idea; but I really don't want to see another experimental line rotting on the shelves like the Epic Force did and the Unleashed line will.

Hasbro should stay focused on the 3 3/4" line, as they have enough trouble getting that one right as it is.

Taichi
05-25-2002, 09:37 AM
Not a seperate line, but regular 3 3/4" figures, as part of the regular line!!! :D

Lman316
05-25-2002, 10:30 AM
I'd actually like to see Hasbro just worry about movie figures. Then, only then, EU/concept figures may they do. I see that Manga would be more or less EU.
Like the 5 EU figures they did for POTJ: Snowbi-Wan, Jedi Armor Qui and Obi, Darth Maul in smoking jacket (horrible figure), Deluxe Maul. That's 5 figures they could have done for the actual movies.
There are tons of characters left from the movies that need to be done before they start going back to the books, comics and concept ideas, I think.
Just my two cents, however.

DarthMaulSithLord
05-25-2002, 07:28 PM
I agree totally with BigBarada and Lman316!!!

But err... i do kinda like that Unleashed Jango. Do i need to be taken to a shrink now?

:D

RooJay
05-26-2002, 04:33 AM
Actually, I could see something like this. I don't think they'd work as figures though necessarily. Maybe something along the lines of the unleashed line! Perhaps a series of FIGURINES; meant more for display, larger than the figures, maybe less poseable. The Palm Talkers seemed to be at least somewhat effective in giving us American fans a taste of the Japanese take on Star Wars in that way. I might be interested in something like this. On a small scale though.

Also, I for one can't wait to get my hands on that Darth Maul Unleashed figure! He looks pretty freakin' cool to me! I'd also like to see a Chewbacca Unleashed figure and maybe Han, Yoda, and a Clone Trooper or Stormtrooper too!:D

Wolfwood319
05-26-2002, 10:24 AM
I'd like to see them, only not done by Hasbro. You'd need a Japanese company, that knows what they're doing, to do them right. A company like Kaiyodo would do it justice I think.

DarthMaulSithLord
05-26-2002, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by RooJay
Also, I for one can't wait to get my hands on that Darth Maul Unleashed figure! He looks pretty freakin' cool to me! I'd also like to see a Chewbacca Unleashed figure and maybe Han, Yoda, and a Clone Trooper or Stormtrooper too!:D

Maul's ok too, but i don't like that whirlwind crap they put around him.

:)

Lman316
05-26-2002, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
I'd like to see them, only not done by Hasbro. You'd need a Japanese company, that knows what they're doing, to do them right. A company like Kaiyodo would do it justice I think.

Yeah, I was just thinking that. That way Hasbro could focus on the figures and someone else could focus on the statues or figurines.

RooJay
05-28-2002, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
I agree.
Now that I think about it, it'd be great to see a line from one of the major Japanese manufacturers like Kaiyodo that gives us figural representations of famous manga and anime designers' take on Star Wars characters.